SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Also, I just noticed this additional property ...

shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_resume=false

If you have any problems where the content automatically resumes playback, try setting this to false to prevent resume.

Thanks, SB
That works!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am getting multiple popup windows generally two, but sometimes three, and one of the windows has the message repeated many times - for example if I send the test message hello then I will get the message HelloHelloHelloHelloHello. This happens on both an HD-200 and a placeshifter client.

Any reason you can think of why this would be the case?

I installed the STVi quite a while ago on my server but I just installed it on the client HD-200 and placeshifter clients today. I am wondering if it is possible that I have installed the STVi more than once, but it didn't display messages earlier today on my extender, I installed the STVi and now it does - multiple times.

YAC displays the messages properly on the server. I don't have a modem configured yet - I am just trying to have it display manual messages for now.

My Sage server is running WHS. I have installed YacServer on this PC as well. There are no listeners set up for YAC - I did have the server set up but I have now removed it but the server still displays the message as does Sage but with the problems described above.

Running Sage 6.6.2.218, Sage MC 6.3.9

Here is what I have in my sage.prop file
Code:
shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_pause=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_resume=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr=0.0.0.0
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_port=10629
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_caller_id_image=telephone.png
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_generic_message_image=message.png
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_timeout_ms=10000
shadeBlue/infopopup/display_buttons=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/imagepath=
shadeBlue/infopopup/message_format_caller_id=Incoming Caller\:{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}{caller}{CR}{LF}{number}{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}{description}
shadeBlue/infopopup/message_format_generic_message=\ {CR}{LF} {message}{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}
shadeBlue/infopopup/positionx=.5
shadeBlue/infopopup/positiony=.5
shadeBlue/infopopup/ui_context_filter=
shadeBlue/infopopup/unknown_caller=Unknown Caller
shadeBlue/infopopup/unknown_number=Unknown Number
shadeBlue/infopopup/widget_id=SBINFOPOPUP-START
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a fix?
Thanks.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmastro View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a fix?
Thanks.
No - although I have since rebuilt my Sage server, installed Win7 on most of my PCs and haven't tried it since.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to get this to popup on my server (client). I read you need the custom version of yac listener by nielm to make it listen on port 10630. Well the link to that yac is not working. Any ideas on where I can get it?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nobody has a local copy of nielm's yac so it can send to different ports?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
Nobody has a local copy of nielm's yac so it can send to different ports?
Missed your earlier post. I do have neilm's version of YAC. If I remember correctly (installed it years ago), you install YAC normally, then replace yac.exe with the version that neilm provided.

Hope this works for you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip yac.zip (80.4 KB, 429 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

That did it and it worked perfectly. I couldn't find this file anywhere... thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Missed your earlier post. I do have neilm's version of YAC. If I remember correctly (installed it years ago), you install YAC normally, then replace yac.exe with the version that neilm provided.

Hope this works for you!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here are some modems and modified drivers which can be found on ebay very cheap. http://www.phonetray.com/ptfree_faq....PhoneTray_Free
They work with Vista and Windows 7 X64 too.
I have the HIRO model# H50006 PCI version and windows 7 x64 which doesnt have a modified driver listed but the vista x64 driver does work in windows 7.
Just trying to save some people the hours I spent searching for a modem that would work for Caller ID in windows 7.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Sage User

Yac as a service

Just a note here if anyone is searching for a way to run Yac as a service, seeing as Sage runs as a service it only makes sense. I think there are 1 or 2 other service wrappers for Yac out there, but this one worked for me on WinXP.

http://www.miteredcode.com/?page_id=362

- Kip
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just got this import working on my setup, so I wanted to share my experience with making this work.

Due to my setup, I chose to go the USB modem route. I bought a Zoom 3095 (because I could buy it locally and be able to return it if I could not get it working. This is going to be setup on WHS. I installed the driver only (no netwaiting) and hooked up the phone line. I installed YAC. I called my phone number from my cell. The Zoom 3095 did not produce any CID info. I researched the problem and came up with a way to see if the modem truly was CID capable (as I had read on the web). I followed the instructions on this link http://www.talkingcallerid.com/CallerIDCapable.htm
Here is the first bump in the road for this process. hyper terminal was not installed on WHS. So I installed it through add/remove windows componenets. In order to complete the install I had use a Server 2003 SBS disk.

So I figured out it was CID capable. I found that the following command is what enabled it through hyperterminal at+vcid=1. The next step that I had trouble with was how do I make the modem see CID info without hyper terminal. The answer:
Download and install the following: http://ascendis.com/callerid/callerid.php You can tell it to repair the modem (this step enables the modem to receive CID. Once I utilized the trial version of the ascendis CID software to repair the modem, YAC started to receive CID info through the 3095.

Next you follow the instruction from the download page of this import. I downloaded the import. Stopped the sagetv service utilizing the WHS console. Extracted the zip file to C:\program files\sagetv\sagetv. I edited the sage.properties file and added the appropriate info. I am using this import for sagemc. So I found the shadeblue stvi and renamed the stvi extension to a .xml extension. I started the sagetv service. I imported the shadeblue .xml into sagemc on both hd200's.

I am glad to anounce this is working utilizing the zoom 3095, 2 hd200's with a WHS server.

i hope this post can help a person decide on parts and save them some time setting this up.
Bill

Last edited by Hunter69; 05-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any plans to update this for sage 7?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hopefully as this is one of the plugins I will definitely miss.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Me too. I installed v 7 today and the first plugin I truly want is this.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Icon

I have not installed v7 but I am reading up on it, and I wondered... can you use the manual STVi installation method in v7 to install the current version of this plug-in? Anyone tried that? Or has the STVI language been so completely redone that it would be a bad, bad thing?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

i loaded it manually into 7 and it works for me. I cant say if it works completely but i did get two calls and it came up properly on screen just as before. As to whether or not it causes problems in other areas I doubt it but , I have no idea. Try it out you can always remove it.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage User

I also have loaded it in v. 7 and am having no issues so far.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I installed it for a few minutes to give it a try. It appears to work; however, the popup box is of course still light blue. It will at least need a little work to make it match the new UI.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible to display a contact picture in the pop-up window that's tied to the phone number, like you could do in the old version of this plug-in? It was kind of cool to put in an image of the caller's face if one is available
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes!

I have not yet had the opportunity to update my SageTV system to V7, but I am planning on it and I will update this plugin to match. (It may take me a few weeks to get this this.)

Thank You,
SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Is it possible to display a contact picture in the pop-up window that's tied to the phone number, like you could do in the old version of this plug-in? It was kind of cool to put in an image of the caller's face if one is available
Yes!

If am image value is provided in the message, then that is used.
If no image is provided in the message (as is the case with YAC) then the program will look for a series of 'fallback' images.

First, it will look for an image by the caller's name. ('John Doe.png').
If the caller name image is not found, it will then attempt to look for an image by the caller's number ('123-456-7890.png').
If the caller number image is not found, it will then revert to the default generic image for caller id. Please note the formatted name and number for the image file name should be exactly as the strings that are displayed. All custom images should be placed in the 'infopopup_images' folder under the 'SageTV' directory. The program supports PNG and JPG files.

In fact, here is the code that determines the image to render:

Code:
                // determine image to display
                if(image.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + image).exists())
                {
                    // do nothing
                }
                else if(image.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + image + ".png").exists())
                {
                    image = image + ".png";
                }
                else if(image.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + image + ".jpg").exists())
                {
                    image = image + ".jpg";
                }
                else if(person.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + person + ".png").exists())
                {
                    image = person + ".png";
                }
                else if(person.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + person + ".jpg").exists())
                {
                    image = person + ".jpg";
                }
                else if(number.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + number + ".png").exists())
                {
                    image = number + ".png";
                }
                else if(number.length() > 0 && new File(configuration.getImagePath() + number + ".jpg").exists())
                {
                    image = number + ".jpg";
                }
                else if(configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage().length() > 0 && 
                        new File(configuration.getImagePath() + configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage()).exists())
                {
                    image = configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage();
                }
                        new File(configuration.getImagePath() + configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage() + ".png").exists())
                {
                    image = configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage() + ".png";
                }
                        new File(configuration.getImagePath() + configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage() + ".jpg").exists())
                {
                    image = configuration.getDefaultCallerIDImage() + ".jpg";
                }

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200