SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Quick question, when I send a personal message to the extender and it times out, the message text disappears, but the buttons usually stay on the screen. Sometimes it is just one button, other times more buttons (stop, play, etc). The extender will unpause itself and start playing again like it is suppose to, but a small popup box with the button(s) still is on the screen.

Any idea why the box is not closing out completely by itself?
No idea, but sounds like a bug. Is this a recent development, ie with some new SageTV udpate, or is this the way it had always worked for you?

Thanks -SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

I've only started using it with the user messages, so it is hard to say when the problem my have "appeared."
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've actually noticed the same thing. IIRC, it happens when a message comes up while the screen saver is running. I could be wrong, however. I didn't really pay too much attention to it since it wasn't a real big deal. I'll try to pay a little more attention...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
I've actually noticed the same thing. IIRC, it happens when a message comes up while the screen saver is running. I could be wrong, however. I didn't really pay too much attention to it since it wasn't a real big deal. I'll try to pay a little more attention...
That is probably the scenerio that I am facing. I have several events that are scheduled to fire off daily and display a custom message on the screen. (basically a reminder what time it is - 10:30pm, 11pm, 11:30pm and 12 midnight - designed to help prevent me from loosing track of time while watching something and staying up too late ).

So most of the time, some of these later messages occur after I've already gone to bed and turned the TV off. I tend to leave the extender on because the power usage is so low. So it is quite possible that the screen saver is already on by the time the midnight event occurs.

It could also be when a call comes in and the extender isn't being used.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Old 06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

This plugin was working fine for me, but it has not worked now for a while. I just got around to troubleshooting it.

The popups are no longer displaying and I am getting the following errors in the sagetv.log file (edited to remove the number calling).
Quote:
' to SageTV UI context: SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI
Tue 6/16 15:52:24.440 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <ERROR> Exception Encountered
Tue 6/16 15:52:24.440 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: gkusnick.sagetv.api.WidgetAPI.FindWidgetBySymbol(Ljava/lang/StringLgkusnick/sagetv/api/WidgetAPI$Widget;
EDIT: I found the problem in another post. Basically if the stvi/xml doesn't import correctly you will get this error. In my case, it was because I was using the batch importer to import the stvi/xml and I didn't notice that it did not load. It seems SageMC did not like the uppercase .XML when I renamed the file InfoPopup.XML

Last edited by rsagetv99; 06-16-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
I can confirm that the issue is seen when you have the screen saver running and there is a popup. Apparently the transport buttons will stay on the screen after the popup closes itself if the screen saver is running.

I switched my screen saver off, and the next morning there was no transport buttons on the screen like there had been with the screen saver on. (I have a couple of user defined popup that run every night - basically a reminder of what time it is.
OpenDCT
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I can confirm that the issue is seen when you have the screen saver running and there is a popup. Apparently the transport buttons will stay on the screen after the popup closes itself if the screen saver is running.

I switched my screen saver off, and the next morning there was no transport buttons on the screen like there had been with the screen saver on. (I have a couple of user defined popup that run every night - basically a reminder of what time it is.
I spoke too soon. I got home from work today and there was a "Stop" icon still on the screen. It wasn't there this morning, so it must have been from a callerID popup sometime during the day.
OpenDCT
Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Sage User

i have it set up to have the popups automatically disappear after a period of time. if the plugin gets 2 or more messages before the earlier popups clear, the earlier ones may not clear.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage Icon

I still get the "phantom" icons that remain after the message disappears still as well. I did turn off the screen saver and while I thought it helped at first, I can say that it made no difference now.

I think it happens with messages that time out and close rather than messages that are acknowledged by the user. The user acknowledged messages seem to close properly and remove the icons. The messages that time out tend to leave the icons on the screen. The most common icon I see is the stop icon. Many times only the stop icon is showing on the screen while the message and other icons are gone.
OpenDCT
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM

With thanks to Jabroni for getting me started, this is how I implemented a YAC based message send from PBX In a Flash (PIAF), a FreePBX implementation.

1.) In 'extensions_custom.conf' insert the following code, and edit the IP address to point to the computer running Sage.

Code:
[custom-sage]
;
; Call FreePBX macro to set CALLERID(name) to caller's identity
;
exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid)
;
; The following section is optional...
;
; Rewrite the numeric string to include hyphens to present a more familiar format.
; Hyphens are inserted into digit strings for common North American numbering formats
;
; Examples:	    2345678 ->       234-5678
;		   12345678 ->     1-234-5678
;	 	 2345678901 ->   234-567-8901
;		12345678901 -> 1-234-567-8901
;
exten => s,n,Set(len=$[${LEN(${CALLERID(num)})})
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${len} < 7]?send)
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):0:$[${len}-4]}-${CALLERID(num):$[${len}-4]:${len}})
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${len} < 8]?send)
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):0:$[${len}-7]}-${CALLERID(num):$[${len}-7]:$[${len}+1]})
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${len} < 11]?send)
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num):0:$[${len}-10]}-${CALLERID(num):$[${len}-10]:$[${len}+3]})
;
; Send a formatted string to Sage using netcat (nc)
;
exten => s,n(send),System(/bin/echo -n -e "@CALL${CALLERID(num)}~${CALLERID(name)}" | nc -w 1 10.10.10.10 10629) 
;
; For those that prefer to use a perl script that uses a Net::Telnet method of sending to Sage
;
;exten => s,n(send),System(/usr/bin/sagetv.pl ${CALLERID(num)} ${CALLERID(name)} )
2.) From the FreePBX webmin, under Tools/Custom Destinations, Add a new Custom Destination associated with the code installed in step 1.

Set the 'Custom Destination:' field to 'custom-sage,s,1'
Set the 'Description:' to something meaningful like 'SagePopup'

Submit Changes.

3.) From the FreePBX webmin, under Setup/Misc Applications, add a new Misc Application.

Set the 'Description:' to something meaningful like 'Sage'
Set the Feature Code to a feature code of your liking such as '1234'
Set the Feature Status to: Enabled (this is the default)
Under 'Destination:' set the 'Custom Destinations' radio button, and select the custom destination name defined in step 2 from the drop down box.

Submit Changes.

4.) If not already using one, define a ring group, add all of your normal extensions, and include the Feature Code set in step 3 and suffix the feature code with an octothorpe (#). Example: '1234#'.

Submit Changes, and Reload.

The ring group should be the target of any inbound calls that you wish to be associated with a Sage Caller ID screen popup.

You can dial both the feature code, and Ring Group code to test the popup message.

I chose to use netcat rather than calling the perl script Jabroni supplied earlier in this thread. By default, the PIAF distribution, does not have the Net::Telnet perl module installed, so netcat may prove more expedient for some. Both methods are shown in the configuration above.

The calling number reformatting is to my own preference, and can be commented out, or changed to suit your own tastes.

Enjoy.

Last edited by DaveK; 08-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

color

Thanks for the great STVi. I'm using it with homeseer to get messages about motion detection, etc. It's working great.

I do have two questions however. Is it possible to configure the background color of the popup? I'm using SageMC and the blue is out of place with it.

My second question is really more of a request. Might it be possible in the furture to support animated .gifs? I have some Home automation icons that are animated and it would be nice to be able to use them with this plugin.

Thanks again,
Nick
Old 09-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Excellent plugin. My only request would be a setting that would leave it in pause until the play button was pressed again, rather than as a timeout. When I get a call, I don't want to be fumbling for the remote and the phone at the same time.

Also, just thought I'd mention something that might help out some other soul. I really had to bash my modem into working. First off, it required AT+VCID=1 put in the init string in the modem driver properties in order to get it to listen for caller ID. Second, I had to edit the .INF file to add the caller ID specific strings as per the talkingcallerid.com method.

But even more tricky than that, I never could get my new .INF to work until I renamed it, commented the CatalogFile line and changed ProductName/HSFModem/OEM_STRING/GMR_Value/FMM_Value/FMR_Value in the .INF file. I probably didn't need to change ALL of that stuff, but I just got tired of changing one thing at a time. I do know that without changing that stuff, when I made ANY changes (even just putting in a comment) to the .INF it would fail to function as a modem any more, with "The response information could not be found in the registry" showing up in the modem log file when YAC tried to use it.

I suspect it's due to Windows trying to protect the file from "unauthorized" changes or somesuch.

Mine is a Conexant Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP for anyone interested.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Now maybe someone will get this post when they search that error string. Wish I had!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary View Post
Excellent plugin. My only request would be a setting that would leave it in pause until the play button was pressed again, rather than as a timeout. When I get a call, I don't want to be fumbling for the remote and the phone at the same time.
I think if you change the following property to a value of '0' in the sage properties file, it will stay in pause mode and not timeout.

shadeBlue/infopopup/default_timeout_ms=0

at least its worth a try :-)

Thanks-SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Thanks for the great STVi. I'm using it with homeseer to get messages about motion detection, etc. It's working great.

I do have two questions however. Is it possible to configure the background color of the popup? I'm using SageMC and the blue is out of place with it.

My second question is really more of a request. Might it be possible in the furture to support animated .gifs? I have some Home automation icons that are animated and it would be nice to be able to use them with this plugin.

Thanks again,
Nick
Hi Nick,

To change the visual appearance, you can use the SageTV Studio tool to change any visual aspect that you wish. It will take some effort to learn how to use the SageTV studio, I am very much a novice with this tool.

As for animated GIFs, I'm not sure if the SageTV redering engine supports animated GIFs, this plugin is just using the built in graphic loading utilities provided by Sage's API.

Thanks- SB
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary View Post
Also, I just noticed this additional property ...

shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_resume=false

If you have any problems where the content automatically resumes playback, try setting this to false to prevent resume.

Thanks, SB
Old 09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

SB,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into studio.

I understand about the animated .gifs, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I have on more request: would it be possible to add a property that would allow the popup to be dismissed with the enter/select button when the on screen buttons arent showing. I have infopop and sage configured to pop up some simple messages like "the front door is open" "the backyard lights are off" and so on. I dont need to see the play pause stop buttons, but it would be nice to just be able to get rid of the popup with select.

Thanks again,
Nick
Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

popup behind pics

Just noticed something that might be of use for troubleshooting on the next version. The slidshow had kicked in (SageMC) and while a smaller pic was showing a popup was sent. I saw the popup appear, but it was behind the picture. Aparently infopop doesnt get focus when the slideshow kicks in.

Just an fyi.
Nick

P.s. did anyone ever start a home automation/Homeseer thread? did a search, but I never have any luck with searches on this board.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

I am getting multiple popup windows generally two, but sometimes three, and one of the windows has the message repeated many times - for example if I send the test message hello then I will get the message HelloHelloHelloHelloHello. This happens on both an HD-200 and a placeshifter client.

Any reason you can think of why this would be the case?

I installed the STVi quite a while ago on my server but I just installed it on the client HD-200 and placeshifter clients today. I am wondering if it is possible that I have installed the STVi more than once, but it didn't display messages earlier today on my extender, I installed the STVi and now it does - multiple times.

YAC displays the messages properly on the server. I don't have a modem configured yet - I am just trying to have it display manual messages for now.

My Sage server is running WHS. I have installed YacServer on this PC as well. There are no listeners set up for YAC - I did have the server set up but I have now removed it but the server still displays the message as does Sage but with the problems described above.

Running Sage 6.6.2.218, Sage MC 6.3.9

Here is what I have in my sage.prop file
Code:
shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_pause=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/auto_resume=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr=0.0.0.0
shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_port=10629
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_caller_id_image=telephone.png
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_generic_message_image=message.png
shadeBlue/infopopup/default_timeout_ms=10000
shadeBlue/infopopup/display_buttons=true
shadeBlue/infopopup/imagepath=
shadeBlue/infopopup/message_format_caller_id=Incoming Caller\:{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}{caller}{CR}{LF}{number}{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}{description}
shadeBlue/infopopup/message_format_generic_message=\ {CR}{LF} {message}{CR}{LF} {CR}{LF}
shadeBlue/infopopup/positionx=.5
shadeBlue/infopopup/positiony=.5
shadeBlue/infopopup/ui_context_filter=
shadeBlue/infopopup/unknown_caller=Unknown Caller
shadeBlue/infopopup/unknown_number=Unknown Number
shadeBlue/infopopup/widget_id=SBINFOPOPUP-START
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Error

I just installed this and i am getting the following in my sage debug log file. any ideas?

Thanks

Wed 10/7 11:58:53.188 Loading startup runnable:com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener.Main
Wed 10/7 11:58:53.188 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener.Main
Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is a great addition to my sage setup. It took me all weekend to sort through all the modem problems (almost identical to Rosemary), but it's working now.

I was wondering if there was a way when the name of the caller is unknown instead of putting Caller: 0 to change the "0" for Unknown or Private party.

I know in YAC I can put in numbers that I know. But I am thinking of those times when somebody I dont know who calls from a cell.

Thanks for any suggestions!