SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 AM

Will this work if you use vonage?

Will this work if you use vonage? What do I need to get vonage to capture caller ID and send it to YAC
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

This utility plug-in (SageInfoPopup) is the part that receives the YAC message and displays it to the SageTV client or extender. So yes, if you can get some program or script to listen for the voip call and generate a YAC formatted message this will work for you.

There is some discussion on "vonagesniff" over in this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ghlight=vonage
, I would take a look at that and see if that would work to capture the caller ID from the voip line.

I have also heard that some people just use the YAC program with a regular modem that supports caller ID connected to the voip telco line.

I personally use Skype and they are not a typical voip provider, so I can't suggest the best route to go.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 04-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just a shoutout of Thanks! I've been missing the Caller ID thing on my extender and I finally got around to trying this and it works fine!

Jim
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

I have this working on my Sage server and it works great as long as the YAC server is on the Sage server as well. I'd like to move the YAC server to another system in my house and I've been unable to get it to work with any other system. I've gone into the sage.properties file and set the bind address to 0.0.0.0 and I've also tried setting it to just the IP address of the server. Neither seems to make any difference. Any suggestions?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I have this working on my Sage server and it works great as long as the YAC server is on the Sage server as well. I'd like to move the YAC server to another system in my house and I've been unable to get it to work with any other system. I've gone into the sage.properties file and set the bind address to 0.0.0.0 and I've also tried setting it to just the IP address of the server. Neither seems to make any difference. Any suggestions?
Yes, close SageTV / stop SageTV service. Run the YAC software in listener mode on the SageTV computer. Run the YAC in server mode on the remote network PC and try sending test caller ID messages. This step will verify that YAC messages are being delivered to the SageTV computer.

Cheers, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Good suggestion. I tried it and the YAC listener on the Sage server worked fine so I know it is possible for that system to receive YAC messages. The next step is to get it to work in Sage. One thing that might help is that I only use extenders, not the UI on the server and no clients. Is there a setting in the extender properties I might be missing?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Separate issue: How do I start yac in server only mode? When I launch it on my server it also starts listening so it is conflicting with this plugin.

Edit: Never mind. I figured out what I was doing wrong. It's working great now.

Last edited by toricred; 05-02-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Old 05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Separate issue: How do I start yac in server only mode? When I launch it on my server it also starts listening so it is conflicting with this plugin.

Edit: Never mind. I figured out what I was doing wrong. It's working great now.
Glad to hear you figured it out and all is working.

Just for the sake of other readers ... If you are running the YAC server on another computer separate from the SageTV computer, then you do not need to run the YAC software at all on the SageTV system. In fact if you run the YAC listener on the SageTV system and are using this plugin then there will be a port conflict unless you manually configure custom YAC ports for this plugin and use the Nielm custom version of YAC to send to alternate ports.

Cheers, SB
Old 05-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

Just to be clear, I only figured out how to run YAC as a server only. I still don't have this plug-in listening and receiving when YAC is running from another system.

Edit:

Oops. I just tested again and apparently I do have it fixed.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited by toricred; 05-02-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile No Popup on Server Machine

I have the popups working on my Placeshifter machines as well as my HD200 extender. However my main SageTV machine does not display the PopUps. I am running SageTV as a service on this box. And I then run the SageTV.

I know that the InfoPopUp is working on the server machine because I do get the YAC popups on the extender and Placeshifter Machines. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I haven't done right yet so the PopUps will display on the Server Machine's screen.

Thanks in advance.

New Info = It appears to be something with me running SageTV as a service. When I run SageTV on the server machine with out the service the PopUp on the machine work. I am running SageMC 6.3.9a.23 It does seem like I had this running on my machine when I was running as a service on some previous releases.

Last edited by nstocke; 05-02-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
I have the popups working on my Placeshifter machines as well as my HD200 extender. However my main SageTV machine does not display the PopUps. I am running SageTV as a service on this box. And I then run the SageTV.

I know that the InfoPopUp is working on the server machine because I do get the YAC popups on the extender and Placeshifter Machines. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I haven't done right yet so the PopUps will display on the Server Machine's screen.

Thanks in advance.

New Info = It appears to be something with me running SageTV as a service. When I run SageTV on the server machine with out the service the PopUp on the machine work. I am running SageMC 6.3.9a.23 It does seem like I had this running on my machine when I was running as a service on some previous releases.
It has been a while since I last ran this plugin on the server UI, so my info may be a little rusty, but as I recall, since the SageTV GUI runs as a separate process, this plugin must also be configured to startup in the "SageClient.properties?" file and the STVi must also be imported into the STV on the Sage UI. Now this means that there are now two YAC listeners running, one in the SageTV server process and one in the SageTV client process, thus you have to change the YAC listener port on one of these instances in the InfoPopup settings. This also means that you need the Nielm custom version of YAC to send to two different listener ports on the SageTV server. Any of this make sense?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks that took care of it. I just couldn't remember how the different .properties files related to what I was doing. I just had to make sure that the SageClient.properties file had the listening address set to 0.0.0.0 (for the external YAC server and the litening port to 10629 I was using port 10631 for the extenders.

Thanks again. I'm golden now.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Just a quick question. Is it possible to easily change the popup size and shape? I read earlier in this thread on how to move the popup around the screen, but I would really like to make it very long and narrow.

What I am trying to do is change the popup to be as wide as the screen and only 1 line tall. I will then have my automation software (CQC) populate the popup with severe weather alerts. I would also like to be able to leave the pop up in place until the alert expires. Since our family rarely watches live TV anymore, we don't see the weather alerts that might be issued.

Any idea if these things (size, shape, and getting the pop up to be more permanent) are easily modified?

Thanks,

EDIT - actually I bet this idea will not work as well as I had hoped. I assume the popup has the focus and therefore you cannot use any other Sage buttons or menus until the popup is removed. Is this correct? As you can see, I haven't actually installed this yet on my system.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all

Last edited by sic0048; 05-21-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

I've been trying to get MisterHouse to send some notifications to SageTV with some success. But I've been trying to target some notifications to only one of my MVP extenders instead of all UI contexts and can't seem to get it to work. On the server, if I run the following Perl script:
Code:
#!C:\wamp\apps\perl\perl.exe

use Net::Telnet;

$telnet = new Net::Telnet ( Timeout=>10, Errmode=>'die', Port=> 10629);
$telnet->open('127.0.0.1');
$telnet->print('@messageHello~info.png');
It works and I get the popup Hello message on all running UI contexts. But if I run this script:
Code:

$telnet->print('@messageHello~warning.png~000dfe0c3d84');
Targeting the 000dfe0c3d84 MVP UI context, I get nothing. And the log for the failed popup is:
Code:
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.118 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] CREATED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.119 (org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter) <DEBUG> Launching thread for /127.0.0.1:4341
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] OPENED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] RECEIVED: HeapBuffer[pos=0 lim=40 cap=1024: 40 6D 65 73 73 61 67 65 48 65 6C 6C 6F 7E 77 61 72 6E 69 6E 67 2E 70 6E 67 7E 30 30 30 64 66 65 30 63 33 64 38 34 0D 0A]
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] CLOSED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.123 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> YAC protocol encoded message received: @messageHello~warning.png~000dfe0c3d84

Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> creating SageTV API and Global objects...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> updating InfoPopup global context variables...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> querying SageTV for list of UI contexts...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Processing message for SageTV UI context: 000dfe0c5ee6
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Skipping SageTV UI context: 000dfe0c5ee6; this message is bound to context: 000dfe0c3d84
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.154 (org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter) <DEBUG> Exiting since queue is empty for /127.0.0.1:4341
From the log, I can see the non-targeted MVP is properly being skipped, but then the targeted MVP never gets the message.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Sage User

ok what am I doing wrong? I can't get this to work ...

I know the filemate usb modem that I just purchased does support caller id. I've tested it using hyper terminal and saw the caller id info come up. I have also updated to the latest modem drivers. I installed the stvi into the default stv exactly as instructed. The latest version of yac is installed, and I set up the listener field as described. A pop up even displays on the extender when I telnet, send a text message in yac or send a test call from yac. The problem is when I try and call the house from my cell phone nothing happens. Yac doesn't display it's own pop-up on the server machine and nothing appears on the extender.

Personally I think the problem is that yac isn't getting the signal that a call is coming in from my modem ... but I don't know how to fix this or if this is even the problem.

I'm using the latest beta versions of sagetv and the hd200 firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-sean
Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean977 View Post
ok what am I doing wrong? I can't get this to work ...

I know the filemate usb modem that I just purchased does support caller id. I've tested it using hyper terminal and saw the caller id info come up. I have also updated to the latest modem drivers. I installed the stvi into the default stv exactly as instructed. The latest version of yac is installed, and I set up the listener field as described. A pop up even displays on the extender when I telnet, send a text message in yac or send a test call from yac. The problem is when I try and call the house from my cell phone nothing happens. Yac doesn't display it's own pop-up on the server machine and nothing appears on the extender.

Personally I think the problem is that yac isn't getting the signal that a call is coming in from my modem ... but I don't know how to fix this or if this is even the problem.

I'm using the latest beta versions of sagetv and the hd200 firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-sean
Sean -

Go back to page 2 of this thread and read posts #27 and #28 (and perhaps the few following). I had symptoms similar to yours (questioning my modem) and Blade and Shadeblue's tests fixed my problem. It took some testing in Hyperterminal until I found a setting that worked, but it turns out that this was exactly the issue.

Good luck.

P.S. Remember that this plug-in (without some tweaking) is only meant to work on extenders, not on the server. All you will see on the server is the YAC pop-up bubble from the system tray.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Just a quick question. Is it possible to easily change the popup size and shape? I read earlier in this thread on how to move the popup around the screen, but I would really like to make it very long and narrow.

What I am trying to do is change the popup to be as wide as the screen and only 1 line tall. I will then have my automation software (CQC) populate the popup with severe weather alerts. I would also like to be able to leave the pop up in place until the alert expires. Since our family rarely watches live TV anymore, we don't see the weather alerts that might be issued.

Any idea if these things (size, shape, and getting the pop up to be more permanent) are easily modified?

Thanks,

EDIT - actually I bet this idea will not work as well as I had hoped. I assume the popup has the focus and therefore you cannot use any other Sage buttons or menus until the popup is removed. Is this correct? As you can see, I haven't actually installed this yet on my system.

First, yes the popup does have modal focus. I think the popup dynamically sized to the message, there is not a configurable parameter for the size, but you can tweak the size or any other GUI aspects using SageTV Studio.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
I've been trying to get MisterHouse to send some notifications to SageTV with some success. But I've been trying to target some notifications to only one of my MVP extenders instead of all UI contexts and can't seem to get it to work. On the server, if I run the following Perl script:
Code:

$telnet->print('@messageHello~info.png');
It works and I get the popup Hello message on all running UI contexts. But if I run this script:
Code:

$telnet->print('@messageHello~warning.png~000dfe0c3d84');
Targeting the 000dfe0c3d84 MVP UI context, I get nothing. And the log for the failed popup is:
Code:
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.118 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] CREATED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.119 (org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter) <DEBUG> Launching thread for /127.0.0.1:4341
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] OPENED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] RECEIVED: HeapBuffer[pos=0 lim=40 cap=1024: 40 6D 65 73 73 61 67 65 48 65 6C 6C 6F 7E 77 61 72 6E 69 6E 67 2E 70 6E 67 7E 30 30 30 64 66 65 30 63 33 64 38 34 0D 0A]
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.122 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> [/127.0.0.1:4341] CLOSED
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.123 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> YAC protocol encoded message received: @messageHello~warning.png~000dfe0c3d84

Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> creating SageTV API and Global objects...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> updating InfoPopup global context variables...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> querying SageTV for list of UI contexts...
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Processing message for SageTV UI context: 000dfe0c5ee6
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.153 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Skipping SageTV UI context: 000dfe0c5ee6; this message is bound to context: 000dfe0c3d84
Mon 5/25 12:58:20.154 (org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter) <DEBUG> Exiting since queue is empty for /127.0.0.1:4341
From the log, I can see the non-targeted MVP is properly being skipped, but then the targeted MVP never gets the message.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

It looks right to me .... it looks like when the plugin is looping over the UI contexts, it does not see the second context. Can you verify that Sage does report both UI contexts? You can do this by looking at the home page on Nielm's Web server ... does the extender context show up here as an extender?
Old 06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
It looks right to me .... it looks like when the plugin is looping over the UI contexts, it does not see the second context. Can you verify that Sage does report both UI contexts? You can do this by looking at the home page on Nielm's Web server ... does the extender context show up here as an extender?
Yes, I can confirm that both MVPs show as extenders in Nielm's Web Server. On another note, if I turn off the first MVP and then send a targeted message to the second MVP, it works.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quick question, when I send a personal message to the extender and it times out, the message text disappears, but the buttons usually stay on the screen. Sometimes it is just one button, other times more buttons (stop, play, etc). The extender will unpause itself and start playing again like it is suppose to, but a small popup box with the button(s) still is on the screen.

Any idea why the box is not closing out completely by itself?
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all

Last edited by sic0048; 06-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.