SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage User

I thought perhaps it was because I have 2 NICs and I was binding to 0.0.0.0, and using 127.0.0.1 for my YAC client. So I changed both to the IP address of the server, and it is still acting weird. When I test the YAC listener it only works every 3 or 4 times. When I was using 0.0.0.0/127.0.0.1 it seemed, reliable, but just popped up a million boxes. I am about to try installing it on a client pc instead of an extender and see how that goes.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Sage User

Well it works perfectly from a client pc, so it would appear to not be a YAC issue.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by swats View Post
I thought perhaps it was because I have 2 NICs and I was binding to 0.0.0.0, and using 127.0.0.1 for my YAC client. So I changed both to the IP address of the server, and it is still acting weird. When I test the YAC listener it only works every 3 or 4 times. When I was using 0.0.0.0/127.0.0.1 it seemed, reliable, but just popped up a million boxes. I am about to try installing it on a client pc instead of an extender and see how that goes.
I wonder if the 2 NIC are causing this issue. The binding address property is intended specifically for situations like this with multi-homed computers. Instead of using "0.0.0.0" in the Sage properties, use one of the actual IP addresses of the SageTV computer. Then in the YAC listener configuration, configure the same specific IP address instead of using "127.0.0.1". The "0.0.0.0" setting will bind to all NICs, so maybe that is causing the double message.

If this does not work, try to capture log message when the double message occurs and post those details.

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by swats View Post
Is it possible it is starting two instances?
No, it should not be running more that one instance, even if you installed the STVi multiple times that should not be a problem, that should just overwrite the previous version of widgets in the STV. The plug-in is instantiated in the Sage.properties startup property where you should only have one copy of the SageInfoPopup class defined.

Using the "0.0.0.0" binding IP address will bind to both of your NICs and listen for YAC messages on all IP addresses.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 01-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Couldnt find if it was already mentioned, but just noticed I get no caller ID pop ups when watching online content.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

When you are watching online content you have switched from SageMC to the default STV. The plug-in will not be active until you have exited online content and moved back into the SageMC environment.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Sage User

Smile SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
This may be because if the plug-in fails to bind to the configured listener socket upon startup, then it does not retry until the Sage program is restarted. So to properly test this, fully exit YAC, restart SageTV, and then start YAC in server mode and send out the test messages. Once the popup is confirmed to be working properly in Sage, you can exit YAC and you will not use the YAC software at all if valid YAC messages are being generated by your Asterisk server.
It is now working great. I did a stupid mistake, I put " in the starup line like this:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes="com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener"
When I removed the " everything is fine.
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener

There is one smaller problem left but I guess I need to fix that on the Asterisk server. The encoding of international characters are not seen right.

I get Hjertströ instead of Hjertström. When I view my call log in Asterisk it is showing up fine.

Anyway I am very happy now!

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Sage User

I would really like to get this working for both caller-id and my home automation messages. The YAC listeners get the test message but the extenders don't. Any insight would be appreciated. I am getting the following message in the sage log:

' to SageTV UI context: 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <WARN> WIDGET 'SBINFOPOPUP-1' NOT FOUND IN UI CONTEXT : 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <WARN> Unable to deliver YAC message to UI context: 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Processing message for SageTV UI context: 000dfe005a21
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Sending message 'Incoming Caller:

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsmith View Post
I would really like to get this working for both caller-id and my home automation messages. The YAC listeners get the test message but the extenders don't. Any insight would be appreciated. I am getting the following message in the sage log:

' to SageTV UI context: 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <WARN> WIDGET 'SBINFOPOPUP-1' NOT FOUND IN UI CONTEXT : 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <WARN> Unable to deliver YAC message to UI context: 000dfe00839c
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Processing message for SageTV UI context: 000dfe005a21
Tue 1/27 8:15:13.737 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <INFO> Sending message 'Incoming Caller:

Thanks.

Hi dcsmith,

This error typically means that the STVi (import file) has not been loaded (imported) into the extender. This is required for each extender instance.

Thanks, SB
Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Hi dcsmith,

This error typically means that the STVi (import file) has not been loaded (imported) into the extender. This is required for each extender instance.

Thanks, SB
SB,

Thanks for the response. I looked at the xml package for the extender and I see the 'shadeblue....' references so I assume it loaded properly. I have several extenders so I did the same for the others and got the same results.
Sorry to be thick here, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Sage User

OK. This just goes to show how well I follow directions. After spending hours attempting to get this to work, I re-read the directions. Clearly written under system requirements it says "SageTV 6.4+". Well, I was running under 6.3. Upgraded to 6.4 and it's works perfectly. Now I can play with my home automation system to send YAC message to my extenders... THANKS SB!!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

One question on adding this STVi/xml on an extender running SageMC.

On one of my extenders I added in the SageInfoPopup and it renamed the STV to something like SageMC_6_3_8b_12-1.stv. The "-1" was added when I added in Sage InfoPopup. When I go to add the popup into the other extenders can I just switch to this STV - I assume that it already includes SageInfoPopup, does it not?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

I have this working with the vonagesniff that KJake has created. The only problem I'm having is that the number isn't formatted in any way. It shows up as 15555551212 instead of (555) 555-1212. I'm assuming the format line is where I need to fix this, but I haven't found any documentation on the syntax. Could you provide some help?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey folks - Anyone know how to set the infopopup window so that it will stay up longer then the settings for the normal sage popup windows (such as appears when you press skip forward or such). I have the standard windows on a pretty short timer, but would like for the infopopup window to stay up longer (using it for caller id info). Maybe this is posted somewhere and I just haven't come across it.... Thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

I figured out that my problem is caused by the extra 1 at the beginning of the string being sent as the phone number. I can't change how vonage sends it, but could we add a check for 11 digits and strip the first one if it is a 1?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Shadeblue -
This plugin is awesome. I would like to propose a feature request for you consideration. I know that home automation was probably not what you had in mind when you put this together, but I can see many uses for it in the HA realm.

Would it be possible to add "classes" of messages? Have a default class, then user defined classes? I could see many uses for this in an HA realm. For alerts such as a doorbell, I would like to pause the TV. However, for an alert like the garage door opening I would like like a notification that didn't pause the playback and was in the lower right hand corner and only stayed on screen for 1 or 2 seconds.

The new messaging format would be
@call{caller_name}~{caller_number}~{description}~{image}~{ui_context}~{class}

The configuration would also have to be modified to support multiple class definitions and properties..

Probably a lot of work, but I think it would get used as well!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Sage User

Hey guys I'm having some problems trying to get this to work. I followed the install directions on the download page but i cant seen to get the telnet part to work. I'm using vista and i turned on the telnet client it says it can't connect. I am running yac in server mode. And my sage server and client are on the same machine and I set the port to 10630 in the sage client properties. Is there something else I need to set in vista to get this to connect. I also have UAC off. I anybody has any ideas that would be great. Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Shadeblue -
This plugin is awesome. I would like to propose a feature request for you consideration. I know that home automation was probably not what you had in mind when you put this together, but I can see many uses for it in the HA realm.

Would it be possible to add "classes" of messages? Have a default class, then user defined classes? I could see many uses for this in an HA realm. For alerts such as a doorbell, I would like to pause the TV. However, for an alert like the garage door opening I would like like a notification that didn't pause the playback and was in the lower right hand corner and only stayed on screen for 1 or 2 seconds.

The new messaging format would be
@call{caller_name}~{caller_number}~{description}~{image}~{ui_context}~{class}

The configuration would also have to be modified to support multiple class definitions and properties..

Probably a lot of work, but I think it would get used as well!
I like the idea of having multiple configurations for different message classes. My problem right now is time, and too little of it :-) I would be happy to open source it if somebody wants to take it on to improve it :-)

Thanks, SB
Old 03-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fatman View Post
Hey guys I'm having some problems trying to get this to work. I followed the install directions on the download page but i cant seen to get the telnet part to work. I'm using vista and i turned on the telnet client it says it can't connect. I am running yac in server mode. And my sage server and client are on the same machine and I set the port to 10630 in the sage client properties. Is there something else I need to set in vista to get this to connect. I also have UAC off. I anybody has any ideas that would be great. Thanks
You might need to check an see if Windows Firewall is running. If it is, you may need to stop it and then test. If Firewall is the problem you can add an exception port to it to allow the program to serve on that port.

I'm not running Vista, so this is somewhat of a guess, but Firewall has been a problem for others.

Thanks, SB
Old 03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

YAC shows up, Sage does nothing

I have followed all steps to the best of my ability. extract jars, change sage.proprties, import stvi (after changing it to .xml since am using sagemc).
YAC displays caller id in the lower right hand corner of screen but sage doesnt display anything.
what could i have done wrong, i have been trying to fx it for hours and i have exhausted everything i can think of.

I am using only one pc, no extenders, i have left the bind_addr at 0.0.0.0 (after trying 127.0.0.1 and the ip of the pc), i am using normal yac, not nielm's, so i left the port at 10629

thanks in advance for the help
Malibudave