SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Homeseer integration

MBowling,

As a fellow Homeseer user I'd be greatly appreciative if you can elaborate on how you have Homeseer ->Yac->Sage working together to display messages with this plugin.

Thanks,

HittR
Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi HittR,

I have Homeseer and SageTV running on the same PC in my home office. My only other computer is a SageTV PC client that resides in the living room where we watch TV.

To send a message from the Homeseer/SageTV PC to the client PC I create an event in Homeseer that runs a script which executes YACTextSend.exe. YACTextSend.exe sends a message to all YAC listeners (SageInfoPopup) on the network.

This is a sample script called from an event that runs when the garage door opens. It is called garage_door.txt and resides in the Homeseer scripts directory.

sub main()

hs.launch "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\YACTextSend.exe", "Garage Door is Opening"

end sub

If you have other questions feel free to send me a PM so we don't pollute the Sage board with our home automation fun.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage User

Sounds good

MBowling,

Will do on the PM...although I disagree and think everyone can benefit from our Homeseer / Home Automation fun

HittR
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittr View Post
MBowling,

Will do on the PM...although I disagree and think everyone can benefit from our Homeseer / Home Automation fun

HittR
I plan on setting up for home automation when the money is right. Please share with everyone. Start a new thread!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Sage User

Not working

hi all,

Great application. I have really waited long for this. My problem is now that is not working here:-(. Hopefully it is just me who have done something wrong and somebody can help me out.

I have a SageTV server and one HD100 Extender. I have put the files on the server and modified the Sage.properties per instructions. On the extender I have loaded the STVi file.

I have a Trixbox (Asterisk) server elsewhere which I have configured to send the correct YAC string. The message is received by the server.

BUT I am not sure on the instructions when it comes to YAC. Do I need to have YAC listener running on the server or is the plugin supposed to act like one? If I do not run the the listener I can not telnet locally otherwise it is fine.

I have tried with both SageMC and the default STV. One thing that might be different to you all is that I am running the latest beta 6.5.6. Has anyone tried?

Any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixi View Post
hi all,

Great application. I have really waited long for this. My problem is now that is not working here:-(. Hopefully it is just me who have done something wrong and somebody can help me out.

I have a SageTV server and one HD100 Extender. I have put the files on the server and modified the Sage.properties per instructions. On the extender I have loaded the STVi file.

I have a Trixbox (Asterisk) server elsewhere which I have configured to send the correct YAC string. The message is received by the server.

BUT I am not sure on the instructions when it comes to YAC. Do I need to have YAC listener running on the server or is the plugin supposed to act like one? If I do not run the the listener I can not telnet locally otherwise it is fine.

I have tried with both SageMC and the default STV. One thing that might be different to you all is that I am running the latest beta 6.5.6. Has anyone tried?

Any suggestions?
You have to have YAC.exe running and set the listeners (right click on the phone icon next to your clock then listeners) try 0.0.0.0

Then you can test listeners through the yak program to see if you see if you have a popup in sage.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Nope it is not working. When I run YAC in "server" mode I can test the listener and it pops up on the windows screen but nothing on the extender. Also my external YAC string will not be possible in this way. In listener mode I get the call on the windows server.

More ideas?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

see post 90

Last edited by QueOnda; 01-06-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: posted again instead of edit.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
hi all,

Any suggestions?
I'm not running the latest beta, but since you have your pbx sending the YAC details, you don't need anything on the sage server if you're just trying to get pop-ups on the extenders. The STV plugin acts as a listener, so you just need to configure the address binding and port for that (0.0.0.0 and 16029 should IIRC). Then on your PBX have it open a socket to your sage server at that port and send the @Call message.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

on the server do you get popup on sagetv? Also try 127.0.0.1.

If you get popup on sagetv server but not the extenders, then you need to find out which stv or stvi and match the same on thextenders OR you need to also load the STV import:sageinfopopup on the extenders as well.

Are you using the Yak.exe which allows you to enter ports?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've Killed My YAC!

It was a trusty critter for a few days and now it seems to have died.

I'll describe the symptoms and maybe someone can tell me where I've gone wrong. I have a PC server where YAC is running. I have a client PC where SageInfoPopup is imported into SageMC and was working fine for a few days.

To help troubleshoot the problem I installed the YAC listener on the PC client and sent a test message from the server. No message was displayed on the client. I then closed SageTV on the client and sent another message from the server. This message was displayed in the YAC Listener on the client.

So it seems that the plug-in is intercepting the message but not displaying a message. I went through the SageClient.properties file and everything is configured per the instructions. I'm using 0.0.0.0 as the bind_addr on the client. I can still telnet to the PC client using port 10629.

In the past I had the nielm infopopup installed. I'm not sure how to remove it so I removed the nielm lines from the SageClient.properties file.

I've even reimported SageInfoPopup and power cycled the client with no luck. Please help me bring my YAC back to life!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
It was a trusty critter for a few days and now it seems to have died.
You can enable Sage debug logging in the SageClient.properties file and then capture the log file while a YAC caller ID message is received by the plug-in. Hopefully this will have some more detailed information as to what has gone awry. You can post the info from your log file to this thread.

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
hi all,

Any suggestions?
Hi nixi, if you are running the YAC program in listener mode on your SageTV server machine, this it may be conflicting with the SageInfoPopup which is also trying to run as a YAC listener, they may both be competing for the same IP port if not specifically configured on separate ports. While not running the YAC listener program, restart your SageTV client and you should be able to perform the telnet test connection. If you are not able to connect, there may be a configuration program or some other issue that is preventing the plugin from properly loading and starting it's own internal socket listener. If still no success, please post your current SageInfoPopup setting here and try enabling the Sage debug logging and capturing some additional diagnostics logging data.

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nope it is not working. When I run YAC in "server" mode I can test the listener and it pops up on the windows screen but nothing on the extender. Also my external YAC string will not be possible in this way. In listener mode I get the call on the windows server.

More ideas?
This may be because if the plug-in fails to bind to the configured listener socket upon startup, then it does not retry until the Sage program is restarted. So to properly test this, fully exit YAC, restart SageTV, and then start YAC in server mode and send out the test messages. Once the popup is confirmed to be working properly in Sage, you can exit YAC and you will not use the YAC software at all if valid YAC messages are being generated by your Asterisk server.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittr View Post
MBowling,

HittR
I am not using Homeseer, but integration of Sage with home automation is of interest to me as well. A new independent thread would be appropriate :-)

Thanks, SB
Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
You can enable Sage debug logging in the SageClient.properties file and then capture the log file while a YAC caller ID message is received by the plug-in.
Hi SB,

I enabled debugging on the client and sent a message to the plug-in. I looked at the log file and saw the problem.

Wed 1/7 18:04:44.867 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.YACMessageHandler) <ERROR> Exception Encountered
Wed 1/7 18:04:44.867 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: gkusnick.sagetv.api.WidgetAPI.FindWidgetBySymbol(Ljava/lang/String; )Lgkusnick/sagetv/api/WidgetAPI$Widget;

I installed the Netflix plug-in recently and it over-wrote the gkusnick.sagetv.jar file with a different version. I copied the jar file from your installation files and the popup messages are working normally again.

I'm not sure if this has broken the Netflix plug-in, but it's no big deal because I was unable to make it work with the Silverlight player anyway.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Sage User

So I got this plugin working-- thanks so much for making it. But I have one issue-- when I get a call I get an opaque popup on the HD100. When I OK it, I then get a transparent one, so every call requires 2 OKs to clear it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swats View Post
So I got this plugin working-- thanks so much for making it. But I have one issue-- when I get a call I get an opaque popup on the HD100. When I OK it, I then get a transparent one, so every call requires 2 OKs to clear it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Are you putting more than one IPaddress or ports in your Yak Listener settings? If so, only use one.

Either 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by swats View Post
I think QueOnda is right, it sounds like the plug-in is receiving multiple copies of the YAC message, possibly from one or more YAC instances or from multiple listener entries in the YAC listeners configuration that both get directed to the SageTV server. For more detailed information to debug this issue, you will need to enable Sage logging and capture the log file while receiving an incoming call.

Thanks, SB
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Sage User

Thank you both for your ideas. I checked, and there is only one instance of yac.exe running. I did install the STVi twice, but I reverted to the STV version after the first install.

I checked the log file, and here is an excerpt:

Thu 1/8 17:27:27.244 Loading startup runnable:com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.245 Loaded startup runnable:com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.247 StorageDeviceDetector started...
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.253 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.StartListener) <INFO> attempting to start 'InfoPopupListener'
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.257 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.InfoPopupListener) <INFO> starting...shadeBlue InfoPopup Listener Version: 1.0.6 (BETA)
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.268 Starting UPnP NAT Manager...
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.320 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.InfoPopupListener) <INFO> creating SageTV API & Configuration objects
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.344 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.InfoPopupListener) <INFO> configured listener address: 0.0.0.0
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.345 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.InfoPopupListener) <INFO> configured listener port: 10629
Thu 1/8 17:27:27.345 (com.shadeblue.sage.InfoPopup.InfoPopupListener) <INFO> <<< STARTING YAC SOCKET LISTENER (binding to all IP interfaces) >>>

Is it possible it is starting two instances?