SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
It is >8MB... any suggestion about how to upload?
stv files are text afaik, so zip it and it should compress mightily.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Just wanted to say THANKS for this! I've got it installed and working on my client PCs and am ready for when we finally pull the HD200 trigger. It works great on the clients!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psklenar View Post
I've done several searches of the forum and the linked sites and haven't seen any indication either way ... can YAC run on a WHS (Windows Home Server) box?
Does anyone know whether this SageInfoPopup (for extenders) will work with Andy VT's YacService? If so, then it looks like I should be able to go with a WHS build and still enjoy this plugin from my extenders. <fingers crossed>

Thanks,
pat----
Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
Hi briands,

The exception in the log file suggests that the plugin could not locate the proper widget ID to invoke and display the CallerID popup window. This type of error suggests that the shadeBlue Infopoup STVi was not imported (or not properly loaded) into the STV on the extender. Did you from the extender's STV GUI select and import the shadeBlue Infopoup STVi file?

Thanks, SB
Here is the stv file...

I thought I'd try it out on a client machine, but am confused as to what the steps are for installation the client. I read your comment about installing on the client instance of the server, but that would be the same IP... so I'm confused.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-18.zip (650.3 KB, 316 views)
Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does anyone know whether this SageInfoPopup (for extenders) will work with Andy VT's YacService? If so, then it looks like I should be able to go with a WHS build and still enjoy this plugin from my extenders. <fingers crossed>

Thanks,
pat----
I tested it briefly and yes it is working for me. Please note, this is just a service wrapper, so you still need to install the YAC software and configure YAC using the YAC GUI. This utility just creates an NT service that starts up the YAC software as a service. Nice addition!

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 12-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Here is the stv file...

I thought I'd try it out on a client machine, but am confused as to what the steps are for installation the client. I read your comment about installing on the client instance of the server, but that would be the same IP... so I'm confused.
I looked at the STV file you provided and sure enough the InfoPopup stuff is there. So, I'm not exactly sure why the exceptions are being thrown in the log file and it is not working? I agree, lets try to get it running for the client instance to get some baseline of success.

As for installing the plug-in for the client instance on the server machine, you make the changes to the SageClient.properties file rather than the sage.properties file and yes it is the same IP address, but if you are running the InfoPopup plugin in both the server and the client, then the client instance will need a different (unique) IP port to listen on. The client instance runs as a complete separate process requiring its own YAC listener on the server computer. The Nielm modified version of YAC is required to address different (unique) ports for YAC listeners.

If you remove the plugin from sage.properties (thus disabling it for all Sage extenders) and only have it configured in SageClient.properties for the client instance then you can use the existing default YAC port and are not required to run the modified version of YAC.

Thanks, SB
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Old 12-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster View Post
Just wanted to say THANKS for this! I've got it installed and working on my client PCs and am ready for when we finally pull the HD200 trigger. It works great on the clients!
ghostlobster,

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear it is working well for you. Please post back when and if you obtain the HD200 and can confirm that this plug-in is working fine on the HD200. I know it is working on the older HD100 model and it *should* work just the same on the HD200, but I have not seen any confirmed reports yet :-)

Thanks, SB
Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ghostlobster,

I know it is working on the older HD100 model and it *should* work just the same on the HD200, but I have not seen any confirmed reports yet :-)

Thanks, SB
I have 2 HD200 and a HD100 and I can say it works on all of them PURRRRRfectly.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I have 2 HD200 and a HD100 and I can say it works on all of them PURRRRRfectly.
Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I tested it briefly and yes it is working for me. Please note, this is just a service wrapper, so you still need to install the YAC software and configure YAC using the YAC GUI. This utility just creates an NT service that starts up the YAC software as a service. Nice addition!
SB,

Thank you very much. The last piece of my new system showed up today and I'll be assembling the computer this afternoon/evening. Since this works, I'm going to be going with WHS instead of XP Pro. This was the last bit I was waffling over; there may be other tools I'd like, later, that are incompatible with WHS but for now ...

pat----
Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
SB,

Thank you very much. The last piece of my new system showed up today and I'll be assembling the computer this afternoon/evening. Since this works, I'm going to be going with WHS instead of XP Pro. This was the last bit I was waffling over; there may be other tools I'd like, later, that are incompatible with WHS but for now ...

pat----
FYI, I tested this service wrapper utility on a Windows XP computer, I don't have WHS, so hopefully it works just the same. :-)

SB
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just have to give my heartfelt THANK YOU as well. I've been waiting for this since I got my HD100 when it first came out. I had YAC running on my old HTPC client for years actually and it was one of my favorite features that I had to give up when I went the extender route. The HD extender is great but losing caller ID almost made me want to go back to a pc client. This plugin is going to put the WAF through the roof again.

Oh and I can also confirm it works fine on an HD200 and with SageMC.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

So, are any of you with it working willing to post your STV file so I can narrow the problem I am having?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Here's mine
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-4.zip (497.9 KB, 323 views)
Old 12-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
So, are any of you with it working willing to post your STV file so I can narrow the problem I am having?
I looked at the error log again and one other thing you might check is to make sure the "gkusnick.sagetv.jar" is located in your "SageTV/JARs" folder. I am using the latest version 0.6 on my system which is working for InfoPopup. To check the version, you can open the JAR with WinZip (or WinRAR) and look for the "Version 0.x" file in the root path.

You can get the latest version of this JAR here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=128

Fingers crossed, SB
Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys. I just went back throught the whole installation process again and now it is working on the HD extenders.

Now... I will attempt to make it work on the hardware client but I am confused as to the set up for this.
I assume:
YAC is already installed on the server and I will need to add an additional listener into its configuration for the client machine. This will have the client's IP address and a port number that I will give it (say 10630).

On the client machine I will NOT need the YAC application. I will unpack this download onto the client machine and copy the files into the SAGE client installation directory. I will add the lines to the sageclient properties file. WHAT will the shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr= be set to( server IP?) I assume the port will be 10630 as above.

Wish me luck...
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks guys. I just went back throught the whole installation process again and now it is working on the HD extenders.

Now... I will attempt to make it work on the hardware client but I am confused as to the set up for this.
I assume:
YAC is already installed on the server and I will need to add an additional listener into its configuration for the client machine. This will have the client's IP address and a port number that I will give it (say 10630).

On the client machine I will NOT need the YAC application. I will unpack this download onto the client machine and copy the files into the SAGE client installation directory. I will add the lines to the sageclient properties file. WHAT will the shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr= be set to( server IP?) I assume the port will be 10630 as above.

Wish me luck...
Excellent!

If the SageTV client is on a dedicated computer and not on the SageTV server, then you can leave (I would reccommend) the YAC port at the default port of 10629. You only have to get into the alternate ports business if you are running the client on the same physical computer that already is running the SageTV server. In the YAC configuration you still will need to add the additional listener for the client computer's IP address, but you don't have to specify the port if using the default port.

On the client computer, you do not need to install YAC. You do need to install all the SageInfoPopup files and configuration just like you did on the server, except that you will be editing the SageClient.properties file instead of the Sage.properties file.

The property "shadeBlue/infopopup/bind_addr" can be set to a value of "0.0.0.0". This is the IP address that the YAC listener in the SageInfoPopup plugin will bind to/listen on. The value of "0.0.0.0" has a special meaning that binds to all IP addresses on the computer. Typically your computer will only have one IP address, but this option is provided for more complex multi-homed computers that may need to bind to a specific network interface card. (Note the value of "127.0.0.1" also has a special meaning that will limit all activity to the local computer, this setting will not work for clients trying to listen to YAC messages emitted by another computer on the network, it will only work if the YAC software is on the same computer.)

Good Luck
-SB
Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Wohoo... got the client (and placeshifter) working too...

Though I noticed that the popup does not seem to work during the photo slideshow on the extenders though it does on the placeshifter.

EDIT:
Also got Skype2YAK working from my laptop...

Now if my modem would just get here....

Last edited by briands; 12-31-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Wohoo... got the client (and placeshifter) working too...

Though I noticed that the popup does not seem to work during the photo slideshow on the extenders though it does on the placeshifter.

EDIT:
Also got Skype2YAK working from my laptop...

Now if my modem would just get here....
It's pretty cool when it all comes together :-)
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

This works great, thank you so much for making this plugin, I have been waiting for a plugin like this which will work with extenders! I am using it to send important home automation messages to all my SageTV extenders using nc.exe (netcat). Keep up the good work!