SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Have you guys tried
Code:
svn checkout http://sagetvxbmcscript.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sagetvxbmcscript-read-only
Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cheers.

Had a play with it and it's looking mighty fine, one step closer to my dream setup of XBMC front end, sage back end.

Sorry if this seems OT, but have you guys seen the unified front end thread at the xbmc forums: http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28918

Looks promising. If you want to use XBMC for TV purposes you may also be interested the burgeoning VDR integration: http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45314
Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Had a play and I must be missing something.

Installed Babylon 9.04.1 of XBMC onto Windows 7 beta.
Installed tortoise SVN and checked out read ony per the link into XBMC scripts folder.
When I launch the script I get Bluetwo theme but no data populates.

I edited the xml. This PC (running XBMC) has both of my recording directorys mapped to drive letters. So I set the XML as follows....
Code:
System RecordingPath="x:,v:" 
XBMCPath="smb://HTPC/My Recordings/,smb://HTPC/My Recordings2/" /
The Sage box is indeed called HTPC on my network and is at 192.168.1.103.

Neilm's web server is installed and at version....

Code:
Sage Webserver version 2.23
I edited the connection area to include this IP and the port number, and the PW and the user.

I am also intrigued by the possibility of an XBMC wrapper for my sage.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

So I read the wiki on the google code site.

Looks like I need to install the remote API server into Neilm's web server. Right?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Yes you do.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK I got this working, at least I think I did. I can watch content from my Sage server on my PC using XBMC.

Few questions / observations

Seems I can 'break' the script pretty easily. If I stop playback of a show and try and play another show it seems to fail - sometimes locks up XBMC.

If I relaunch XBMC and re-start the script and select a different show - the previously selected show starts playing.

Is this normal? Anything I can do to improve this?

If I select 'Recorded TV' eventually a list will be populated - but it includes everything from the media import directories. Any way to restrict this to just TV?

Guide and Grid guide never seems to paint.

Hope work on this will procede because it seems like a great script.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

I myself am waiting for the PVR branch of XBMC to come further along. It supposedly will be a front end that can work with many different backend PVR solutions such as Sage. The only thing is it may be many months away if not longer.

When I last used this script I can't remember the playback issue you describe, but XBMC has had many revisions since then and this script may be out of sync. Currently I just switch back anf forth between the applications.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Currently I just switch back anf forth between the applications.
hm - thought you'd be using my plugin

I'm waiting for the PVR bit in XBMC as well - if it supports python plugins to talk to Sage I'd be willing to put in some effort in coding.

jhh
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I myself am waiting for the PVR branch of XBMC to come further along.
Guess we'll wait and see.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
hm - thought you'd be using my plugin

I'm waiting for the PVR bit in XBMC as well - if it supports python plugins to talk to Sage I'd be willing to put in some effort in coding.

jhh
I was...the switching was an experiment and once I got it working good, I never looked back.

I do believe the PVR branch is all about python plugins talking directly to PVR backends such as myth, sage, gbpvr, for the record, and others.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage User

Can't watch recorded shows

I just started playing with XBMC to see how it works with my SageTV setup. The scripts (both the xml and non-xml ones) read the data from the webserver just fine--I can see all my recordings, upcoming shows, series, etc. Looks GREAT, but whenever I select "Watch" the shows don't play.

When I run the xml version of the script, absolutely nothing happens--it's as if I didn't hit "Watch" at all. When I run the non-xml version, when I hit "Watch" I get a blank "Info" pop-up box.

I've installed XMBC and the SageTV script on both a Windows 7 machine and my SageTV server itself with the same results. Stupid question--do I have to do anything in particular to the server to make sure the smb connection works correctly?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdave View Post
I just started playing with XBMC to see how it works with my SageTV setup. The scripts (both the xml and non-xml ones) read the data from the webserver just fine--I can see all my recordings, upcoming shows, series, etc. Looks GREAT, but whenever I select "Watch" the shows don't play.

When I run the xml version of the script, absolutely nothing happens--it's as if I didn't hit "Watch" at all. When I run the non-xml version, when I hit "Watch" I get a blank "Info" pop-up box.

I've installed XMBC and the SageTV script on both a Windows 7 machine and my SageTV server itself with the same results. Stupid question--do I have to do anything in particular to the server to make sure the smb connection works correctly?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Dave
gtdave, I had the same problem. See this post in this same thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=72
Old 04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Laggy HD on XBMC

How is the video quality for everyone? Over the local network HD video shows laggy on the XBOX. It's not this script because the same is observed when I play the SageTV recordings directly from the XBOX. I'm using the last stable build of XBMC for the XBOX, which is 2009-06-01 9.04.1.What is everyone else's experience?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I believe that the original Xbox doesn't have the processing power to play back HD video. This was part of the reason for pprting it to windows and linux. XBMC on my ion powered pc is able to play HD video just fine.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Yeah I think you're right. I just tried running the video from the harddrive and it too was laggy. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone complain about it, but maybe it's just a well known limitation.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeaulieu View Post
How is the video quality for everyone? Over the local network HD video shows laggy on the XBOX.
That's normal - check the xbmc wiki. It has a table which says which video formats the old xbox can handle. HD won't go very well on the XBOX but then again you can XBMC on nearly any platform nowadays.

Jhh