SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Really? Are you sure? mpogr mentioned that he has to change the card back into the Sky box occasionally, and I think he's using NDSCAM.

As far as I'm aware, only the DreamCrypt will update the EMM. Every other hardware CAM out there like Dragon will not do the EMMs, so you still need the original Sky box plugged in for updates. I'd have throught if someone has managed it in NDSCAM it would be more widespread in all the other receivers/CAMs.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyl View Post
Really? Are you sure? mpogr mentioned that he has to change the card back into the Sky box occasionally, and I think he's using NDSCAM.

As far as I'm aware, only the DreamCrypt will update the EMM. Every other hardware CAM out there like Dragon will not do the EMMs, so you still need the original Sky box plugged in for updates. I'd have throught if someone has managed it in NDSCAM it would be more widespread in all the other receivers/CAMs.
mpogr not using Sky UK. in general as i know, with DVBViewer NDSCAM will update card. i beliave that DVBE4Sage also will update - but nobody checked.

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkiller View Post
mpogr not using Sky UK. in general as i know, with DVBViewer NDSCAM will update card. i beliave that DVBE4Sage also will update - but nobody checked.
NDSCam won't update sky UK, I tried and it blanked my card. Luckily 5mins in my digibox and it came back.

Whitey
Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
NDSCam won't update sky UK, I tried and it blanked my card. Luckily 5mins in my digibox and it came back.

Whitey
next time when card will be blanked, try to use dvbviewer with ndscam, possible this issue of dvbe4sage (nobody tested this case).

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I know that some of the plugins natively supporting NDS also support EMM updates for major NDS-based providers (Sky UK and Sky Italia). Neither of them support YES Israel though.
As for Whitey's experience with DVBE4SAGE, I wouldn't necessairly attribute it to NDSCAM. It might be rather DVBE4SAGE's fault instead. As bjkiller suggested, I'd try to work with other DVB software (e.g. DVBViewer) for a while to see if NDSCAM is capable of updating EMM or not.
The tricky part here is to determine if EMM update really happened or not. This is because it might take a long time (in case of YES it's 7 weeks) for the card to cease working without updates. For all this period it's impossible to tell whether the update happened or not, because even if the log (NDSCAM's) says it did, you still can't be 100% sure. I'd bet the same goes for other plugins.

elyl, please, update us on your experience with DVBE4SAGE and CCcam etc. This is important, because so far there was no evidence whether the EMM updating code in DVBE4SAGE worked or not. If you manage to prove you got your card updated with DVBE4SAGE and CCcam, this would prove it works (and the other way around).
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 1 (living room): HD300 on FHD 55' Samsung 3D LCD TV
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
elyl, please, update us on your experience with DVBE4SAGE and CCcam etc. This is important, because so far there was no evidence whether the EMM updating code in DVBE4SAGE worked or not. If you manage to prove you got your card updated with DVBE4SAGE and CCcam, this would prove it works (and the other way around).
My subscription card is in my Dreambox, which will update the EMMs anyway. The HTPC is really just working as a client for the Dreambox, so I don't think CCcam deals with EMMs when it's working as a client.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Sage User

My question if DVB Enhancer also works for cccam using emubox. Is it so that that if running the dvb enhancer different plugins normally used in mdapi can be used also for watching scrambled tv signals? I would like to have more info about that. Great job anyway!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone got dvbesage working with a valid SKY subscription, NDSCam verion 0.0.0.7 and a USB infinity unlimited card reader software version 2.76?

What settings are you using in the dvbesage.ini, NDSCam and VCP mode?

Should be voltage be 3.3v or 5v?

Cheers

Last edited by zzmystique; 05-22-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmystique View Post
Has anyone got dvbesage working with a valid SKY subscription, NDSCam verion 0.0.0.7 and a USB infinity unlimited card reader software version 2.76?

What settings are you using in the dvbesage.ini, NDSCam and VCP mode?

Should be voltage be 3.3v or 5v?

Cheers
Don't think it's possible mate. I tried along time ago and gave up and bought a smartbee. The infinity couldn't work fast enough surprisingly to prevent picture break-up.

Whitey
Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Sage User

Anyone had any luck with the new white Sky UK card? My testing of DVBE4sage has been cut short as my old blue card has expired, and the new white one is not being read in the Dreambox.
Does anyone know if NDSCam is reading the new white cards?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

FF/REW not working properly

I seem to be having a problem with fast forward and rewind on the ts files generated by dvbe4sage. It happens with both sagemc and the default STV with Nielm's Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW plugin installed. mpg files from pvr500 work fine

Tried re-installing the plugins and updating the sagemc. Still no joy.

Anne
Old 06-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Does anyone know if Michael is still developing this plugin?

I think this is a brilliant plugin but I've not received any updates or info for a while.

Ta,

David
Old 06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still here, have just taken a short break Will continue working on it, don't worry
Server: Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 6TB recording storage, Windows 2008 R2, 6xDVB-C with DVBE4SAGE on Foxtel Cable (7 virtual tuners) - currently dormant, pending Orange card decryption problem resolution...
Client 2 (child's room): Regular desktop computer, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 26' Sharp LCD TV
Client 3 (bedroom): Intel T7200 C2D (2.13GHz), NVIDIA GeForce 430, Silverstone Multimedia Chassis, Win 7 x32 on HD-Ready 32' Sharp LCD TV
Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Michael,

Good one and great news, I didn't mean to hassel you.

Ta,

David
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmystique View Post
I seem to be having a problem with fast forward and rewind on the ts files generated by dvbe4sage. It happens with both sagemc and the default STV with Nielm's Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW plugin installed. mpg files from pvr500 work fine

Tried re-installing the plugins and updating the sagemc. Still no joy.

Anne
Anne,

FF/Rew inconsistency is a known issue with Sage and digital recordings, I and other Israeli users are experiencing it already for a while. We tried reporting it back to Sage but they didn't really want to take care of it as soon as they heard the files have been created not by Sage itself. It's clearly an issue with Sage Demux, as replacing it with 3rd party one solves the problems completely. Unfortunately, these 3rd party demuxes can't be used with live programs, so we're stuck with the one provided by Sage.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Sage User

guys

I'm not quite following this - will this allow me use my valid Sky card in my FloppyDTV tuner for SageTv?

Right now I have sageTV, 2x FloppyDTV and SageTV server and am receiving freesat.

What more would be required in terms of hardware/software?

Thanks

Peter
Old 06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

What DVB-S card?

All,

just a quick question: what DVB-S card are you guys using with dvbe4sage? Reason I'm asking is that I tested it with an SS2 (skystar2) with its BDA driver which looks crap and can't tune high band channels (unable to drive the 22kHz tone) therefore I was planning to buy a working one. Is anyone having any luck with this?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
All,

just a quick question: what DVB-S card are you guys using with dvbe4sage? Reason I'm asking is that I tested it with an SS2 (skystar2) with its BDA driver which looks crap and can't tune high band channels (unable to drive the 22kHz tone) therefore I was planning to buy a working one. Is anyone having any luck with this?

Thanks!
I use technotrend DVB-S2 both PCI and USB (i prefer USB).

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Guys,

I have a x64 Win2008 server installed as a test box, with 2 FireDTV S2 cards bound to Sky, and a fresh install of Sage with 2 hd200's connected to use as a dev environment.

The production system is working fine on its own, and i dont want to break it until i get this working. So the plan is to try out the DVB Enhancer as the next logical step.

I downloaded the SVN code from sourceforge but have issues with the compile due to the headers from the Windows SDK not resolving i assume.

if anyone has a compile of build 93 or newer for x86 or x64 (prefeered) i would appericate so i can validate the installation is ok.

Then I want to offer this to Michael as a test bed for additional development, in the hope of building the perfect soultion.

cheers
Damian
Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a x64 Win2008 server installed as a test box, with 2 FireDTV S2 cards bound to Sky, and a fresh install of Sage with 2 hd200's connected to use as a dev environment.

The production system is working fine on its own, and i dont want to break it until i get this working. So the plan is to try out the DVB Enhancer as the next logical step.

I downloaded the SVN code from sourceforge but have issues with the compile due to the headers from the Windows SDK not resolving i assume.

if anyone has a compile of build 93 or newer for x86 or x64 (prefeered) i would appericate so i can validate the installation is ok.

Then I want to offer this to Michael as a test bed for additional development, in the hope of building the perfect soultion.

cheers
Damian
Hopefully Michael will get some time soon to fault find. I love his software, I just wish it was more stable

Whitey