SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

.sagemc files are the files that restore your SageMC settings in the property file. That file sets up my extenders to work the way I like them. I don't know that anyone would want to use my preferences for everything, but it's a starting point if someone doesn't have a hard opinion about the way things should look.....

EDIT - I think the .sagemc files usually go in the BACKUPs folder.

Last edited by bialio; 04-06-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Do these .sagemc file get automatically generated when you start using the sagemc stv and a new theme when you start making sagemc configuration changes? I'm curious where my HD200's .sagemc file is stored for the theme I just started using. I'm not sure where the BACKUPs folder is.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
.sagemc files are the files that restore your SageMC settings in the property file. That file sets up my extenders to work the way I like them. I don't know that anyone would want to use my preferences for everything, but it's a starting point if someone doesn't have a hard opinion about the way things should look.....

EDIT - I think the .sagemc files usually go in the BACKUPs folder.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Sage User

The download for nBlue seems to be busted. Is there a new link, I would love to try it out?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

make sure you have FTP enabled in any firewall software you are running. I just tried the download linke and it worked for me....

btl.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bialo,

First off - I love the theme. I have one question after importing the icons and the weather in the lower right corner do not show up. I opened the nblue_menu.xml file and edited it since my sage is installed on a d:\Program Files\SageTV....... drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you have the weather location configured in the normal SageTV setup. That's the only thing you should have to do - basically enter in your zip code.....

btl.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bialo - Thanks - This was set at one point - I must have reinstalled and forgotten to reset it. What about the MY TV, MY Video, ..etc icons not showing up?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I think step 4 from the instructions on the download page are what you probably need.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Posted version 1.1 in the download section now. It's not any big changes, just a few items I wanted to clean up.

* Weather - on the main menu the weather highlighted effect doesn't obscure the text anymore.
Thanks for the update. I'm still having big problems reading the text in the weather menus. The highlighted color is a very light off-white, while the text is white. So, I can just barely make out the text if I look very carefully, but it's quite hard. I'm not sure what is and isn't possible, but it would be nice if the weather screen took some ideas from the main menu screen. The My Weather box could have a translucent gray background, and the text could have a shadow effect. I think the shadow really helps you read the text on the main menu items (e.g., TV, Videos, Music, etc.).

I know you said you made some changes so the weather text should be easier to read. But, I didn't notice a change. Is it possible that something went wrong when I overwrote the old nBlue files with the new ones? Or is that just how the theme is set up?

Also, to everyone else, does anyone have a good suggested background? The default blue planets/star background makes text difficult to read on some screens. The background_3 with the tree seems to be a bit friendlier when it comes to that, but I'm curious if people have come across better backgrounds.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

It's the weather on the main menu itself that isn't obscured. Once you are into the actual weather screen, the problem you are describing definitely exists. There's not an easy way to fix that with just a theme change. You'd have to get in there and mess with the actual SageMC STV code.

btl.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage User

How to Revert Back?

I tried out the nBlue theme but wanted to revert back to the default MC themes and menu but I seem to have missed something. I managed to get the Main Menu back, but the "My Menu" sections is still the nBlue (with no icons). How can I change the entire theme and menus back to the defaults?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (113.0 KB, 343 views)
Old 02-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Sage User

very nice indeed.

When extracting, do I replace the existing STV folder? I cannot seem to get nBlue to show up in the list of themes. Im also suffering from the black background issue and can't seem to resolve that either.

Im using an upgrade from v4 to v6.6

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks