SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
I tried this. I do get a list of many of my movies now, but when I select one, I get the "failed to load metadata" error.

Does the fact I can access the WebUI indicate that Jetty is installed correctly? How else can I test the Jetty install?
If you can access the Web UI, then everything is installed correctly. When you navigate to the web ui main page, then press shift + reload/refresh button on your browser. That should should force your browser to reload bmt web ui application. In the pass, i have had similar issues that you are describing, and I've been able to resolve it by forcing the browser reload.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Got It!

I had to delete the BMT files from the Jetty folder, re-download the 3.02 zip and re-install, but it is now working. I guess something was goofy with my first install. Thanks for you help, Stuckless.

Steve
Old 09-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Ok, I'm a newb who is rather dense. I've downloaded Jetty and dragged and dropped the files into sagetv directory. All were new and no overwrites. Modified the sage.properties file as shown. All of this was done with sagetvservice shutdown. The part I'm messing up on is testing jetty. In the jettystart.properties file, do I have to remove the # infront of the port? It looks like that is the default it will use unless I change it to something else. I did a ipconfig /all command at the dos level to get my IP address. I restarted sagetvservice and tried to open a url for jetty http://my IP address/Bishop-Office:8080 and it times out not allowing a connection. Could this be a port forwarding issue in my router setup? I'm issuing the command at the computer where sage server is installed.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB50 View Post
Ok, I'm a newb who is rather dense. I've downloaded Jetty and dragged and dropped the files into sagetv directory. All were new and no overwrites. Modified the sage.properties file as shown. All of this was done with sagetvservice shutdown. The part I'm messing up on is testing jetty. In the jettystart.properties file, do I have to remove the # infront of the port? It looks like that is the default it will use unless I change it to something else. I did a ipconfig /all command at the dos level to get my IP address. I restarted sagetvservice and tried to open a url for jetty http://my IP address/Bishop-Office:8080 and it times out not allowing a connection. Could this be a port forwarding issue in my router setup? I'm issuing the command at the computer where sage server is installed.

Dan
Port forwarding only relates to forwarding ports outside of your local network. Unless you are forwarding out and want offsite access, you will not have to do any port forwarding. This sounds like a config issue with jetty.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Thanks Peter_h,
I tried the command without the what I thought was hostname part of the front end and here is what I get.

Error 404 - Not Found.
No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:

* / ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@1a05bdb{/,file:/C:/Program%20Files/SageTV/SageTV/jetty/static}

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

It's just http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8080

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Sage User

Hi Gerry,
I think I tried what you mean in the post just above yours. I'm assuming I replace the xxx's in your post with my IP numbers that IPconfig gave me.

Maybe I"m not understanding where I try to run this (assuming a browser screen) or was I supposed to actually go back into SageTV and run something first. I haven't done any setup in there other than modifying the .properties files with sagetvservice shut down.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure the changes you made in the .properties file actually stuck. I know you said you shutdown the service but check again. If it doesn't work with port 8080 maybe you have something else using that port. Do you have remote management enabled on your router?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Sage User

Gerry,
I shut down sagetvservice again and opened sage.properties and the load at startup has the jetty info in it. It was the only startup file that is loading. I don't remember setting anything about remote access in my router but I guess anything is possible. My router is a Belkin with wireless access that I use with our laptop. My son's Ipod and Wii will both also sometimes connect wirelessly. Other items on the network is a HD200 for use on the main widescreen upstairs and a HDHomerun that serves up our over the air connection to sage. I noticed there is a sageclient.properties file in the /sagetv/sagetv directory where most of this resides. I didn't modify any settings in that file. So bottom line, the settings I made did stick and I'll need to figure out how to determine what the router is setup as.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Ok,
I got into the router screen and althou remote management is not checked it does show port 8080 as it's default. I'll try to change it to 8085 in the jetty properties file and see if that fixes it.

Dan

Edit: Nope....still errors out.

Last edited by DanB50; 09-08-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Ok,
Here are the exact instructions I'm trying to follow..

Installing the Jetty Plugin ¶

Thanks to Brent on the SageTV forums for initially consolidating these instructions.

These instructions are only for installing the Jetty server. Applications must be installed separately.

1. Download the Jetty plugin from the Download Page on the SageTV forums, or from SourceForge.
2. Shut Down SageTV and SageTV Services (if you run as service)
3. Unzip the jettystarter_x_x.zip file into the SageTV installation directory (e.g. Program Files\SageTV\SageTV), so that (for example) the ZIP's /JARs/ directory is merged into SageTV's /JARs/ directory.
4. Open up Sage.properties file and the following line (note: If the key has multiple values, they need to be separated by a semicolon)

sagex.jetty.starter.Main

should be added to this line:

load_at_startup_runnable_classes

Note: in version 1.4, this value changed from net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main to sagex.jetty.starter.Main
5. Decide what port you want to use for the mobile web app (default is 8080). Use a different, unused port (not the same port as neilms webadmin). If you want to change the port, change it in JettyStarter.properties. Assuming you wanted to change the port to 8500, you would change

#jetty.port=8080

To

jetty.port=8500

Notice that you have to remove the # from that line or it won't work
NOTE: You will have to port forward this port to access outside your network
6. The default username and password is sage/frey. This can be changed in SAGE_HOME/jetty/etc/realm.properties. NOTE: Currently there is no way to specify security for URLs like there is in nielm's webserver
7. Run SageTV

I'm obviously stuck at step 5. The jettystartup.properties file in it's original form is simply a notational file? The entire file structure starts with #'s. Therefore until I changed the line to jetty.port=8085, I"m assuming that nothing is actually being performed by this file.

These notations ...
These instructions are only for installing the Jetty server. Applications must be installed separately.

Doesn't that mean that so far, I've only installed the jetty server? So am I trying to goto the web interface too soon?

The BMT installation instructions show this

To access the UI, you will use the following URL

http://JETTY_SERVER:JETTY_PORT/bmt/

Where JETTY_SERVER is the ip address/hostname of your SageTV Server and the JETTY_PORT is the port that you used to install Jetty.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

You're closer than you think - find the line that says #jetty.port=8080 and change the port to the one that you want.. then REMOVE the "#" from the line. All of the "#" indicate comment lines, and are not processed. It sounds like you found the jetty.port line, so once you remove the "#" and restart your SageTV service, you should be good to go with BMT (once it's unzipped, naturally).

And yes - the URL will contain the address (IP or name) of your Sage server, and the port that you entered in the jetty.port line.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
You're closer than you think - find the line that says #jetty.port=8080 and change the port to the one that you want.. then REMOVE the "#" from the line. All of the "#" indicate comment lines, and are not processed. It sounds like you found the jetty.port line, so once you remove the "#" and restart your SageTV service, you should be good to go with BMT (once it's unzipped, naturally).

And yes - the URL will contain the address (IP or name) of your Sage server, and the port that you entered in the jetty.port line.
I actually tried modifying the line #jetty.port=8080 to jetty.port=8085 earlier. I changed the port to 8085 since my router had a 8080 port listed in the remote management area. I think that was a default value for my router as the checkbox to allow remote management was not checked. I changed the port value for jetty to be on the safe side. I can go back in and after some things tape and change that setting to 8080 and see if that works instead.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Peter_h,
I tried the command without the what I thought was hostname part of the front end and here is what I get.

Error 404 - Not Found.

* / ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@1a05bdb{/,file:/C:/Program%20Files/SageTV/SageTV/jetty/static}

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, Are you still getting the above result? If that is the case. then you are connecting to Jetty just fine (this is the default result for jetty if you dn't specify a context). If you are navigating to http://server:port/ you will see that screen, which will actually list all installed jetty contexts. If you are only seeing the "* / ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler" context listed, than you don't have BMT installed in there properly. If you did, you would see it listed as a context as such:

Code:
Error 404 - Not Found.
/bmt ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@8e8a46{/bmt,C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty/webapps/bmt.war} 
/ ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@1899472{/,file:/C:/Program%20Files/SageTV/SageTV/jetty/static}
Try redownloading BMT and extracting it into your Sage directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV) with the service shutdown. Then restart the service, and try navigating to http://server:port/bmt and see if that works.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Sage User

Hi Fuzzy,
I think I"m still getting that. I've got a couple of things recording, so I don't want to mess with anything sage at the moment until I get non scheduled time. I haven't installed BMT, because I thought according to the instructions I was supposed to test that jetty was working properly first. I'll check that I get the posted error and then if that is still happening, I'll install BMT and see where that gets me. I guess it was just a misunderstanding on my part as to the proper way to go about it.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Fuzzy,
I think I"m still getting that. I've got a couple of things recording, so I don't want to mess with anything sage at the moment until I get non scheduled time. I haven't installed BMT, because I thought according to the instructions I was supposed to test that jetty was working properly first. I'll check that I get the posted error and then if that is still happening, I'll install BMT and see where that gets me. I guess it was just a misunderstanding on my part as to the proper way to go about it.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, you are correct. If you want to access the webui, then you need to make sure that you have jetty installed and working first. That being said, this topic is really specific to bmt, and not really about troubleshooting jetty.

Based on your first error, it would seem that jetty is installed, since the error returned was a jetty server error, and could only be returned by jetty, if jetty was installed

Also, once you install bmt, and restart the sagetv server, you can check the sagetv_0.txt log and see if jetty started and if it deployed the bmt application. it will also tell you which port the jetty server is listening on. Sometimes, on sage startup, then jetty startup can take a few extra seconds, if start sage, and then try to access the web server right away, it may not have the webapps deployed yet.

My suggestion is to wait a few seconds after startup before accessing the server. Then once you access server, access the bmt url directly, since I don't know if there is a jetty root (/) context.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Sage User

Thanks for that info. I guess it wasn't obvious from my original post I was trying to get BMT installed, and therefore why I posted here. Looks like I'll be able to do that after prime time tonight. Sage is our only source for guide data unless I go to a site and look it up on laptop. My endgame is to eventually add SMW and TVE for the fanart. I'm trying to go slowly and understand what I'm doing rather than all at once. I think you guys have me straightened out now. I'll post back once I get farther or if I hit any other spots I don't understand. You guys are tremendous with your support, one of the favorite things I like about Sage.

Dan
Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Just been playing with the new version of BMT (3.1) and so far so good. I've got the automatic part turned off at the moment but I'll try that soon enough.

Also love the new browse link.....very sweet and makes much more sense than the old method.

Thankyou

Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Sage User

I ran out of energy last night before I got back into working with this. Installed BMT 3.1 this morning and I'm now looking at the Metadata Tools page in my webbrowser. Now I just need to figure how I want to approach using this for my first scan. Just looking around the configuration screen, it looks like it will scan my video directory in /mydocuments. I doubt I have anything in there I'd want to get metadata for.

Thanks for help guys

Dan
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Just been playing with the new version of BMT (3.1) and so far so good. I've got the automatic part turned off at the moment but I'll try that soon enough.

Also love the new browse link.....very sweet and makes much more sense than the old method.
I'm glad to hear that I spent about week doing nothing but testing this release. Normally I let you guys do the testing, this time I figured I'd try something different

As for the browse, I always intended on having a browse, but the browse that is there, is not the screen that I had originally intended. That's why initially I just added a check box to the scan dialog. Eventually, I may build the browse screen that i originally wanted, but for now, this should work.