SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

One more thing I've noticed is that it only crashes for me on .ts recordings not .mpg. That may be just a fluke.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
One more thing I've noticed is that it only crashes for me on .ts recordings not .mpg. That may be just a fluke.
Sorry guys.... I guess it's back the drawing board with 3.x release Obviously there are some fundamental issues going on here, and i can't troubleshoot this for at least a week
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Sorry guys.... I guess it's back the drawing board with 3.x release Obviously there are some fundamental issues going on here, and i can't troubleshoot this for at least a week
Given the problems with Sage crashing (3.0 is killing the Sage Service when installed / active) would it not be possible to have an alternate version of BMT that works as a standalone app? I'm specifically thinking of the simple model used by Showanalyzer / Dirmon where the BMT would look at the recording / media dirs', perform lookups and then download the fanart?

I generally prefer apps that run along side Sage as opposed to integrated with it for stability reasons just like this. I love the fact that even when Showanalyzer DOES crash it doesn't take SageTV down with it, but maybe thats just me.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

It crashes for me on .mpg too.

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Well, like I said it could be a fluke the way it worked out for me. Does it seem to take a few minutes after starting a recording before crashing?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred View Post
Given the problems with Sage crashing (3.0 is killing the Sage Service when installed / active) would it not be possible to have an alternate version of BMT that works as a standalone app? I'm specifically thinking of the simple model used by Showanalyzer / Dirmon where the BMT would look at the recording / media dirs', perform lookups and then download the fanart?

I generally prefer apps that run along side Sage as opposed to integrated with it for stability reasons just like this. I love the fact that even when Showanalyzer DOES crash it doesn't take SageTV down with it, but maybe thats just me.
bmt is a command line application... always has been... it's just that it can run inline as well.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, like I said it could be a fluke the way it worked out for me. Does it seem to take a few minutes after starting a recording before crashing?
Could you check the logs (or send them to me) to see if there are any errors. For a java application to totally kill the JVM, is very rare. ie, something in the java code could trigger a bug in the jvm, which would cause the jvm to exit (usually producing a dump file), and sometimes if an out of memory error happens, it may shut shutdown, but even in those cases, it usually doesn't shut down the jvm. The other thing that can cause the jvm to exit is by issuing a System.exit() command, which bmt does not do.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just emailed you one of the JVM crash dumps.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean-
Let me know if there's anything you would like me to test or send you.
I'll give 3.01 a try tonight on linux, to see if that crashes- it sounds as if most of the folks having crash issues are running windows servers. I'll let you know if something different happens on linux.

Thank you for your work on this, and ... wow- sending out a fix attempt while you're on vacation- that's dedication!

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
I just emailed you one of the JVM crash dumps.
Thanks... I just reviewed the logs.... It appears that the the metadata plugin is recursively calling itself until it crashes. BMT doesn't explicitly call the plugin, but what I think is happening is that the plugin starts to handle a file. As the file is handled, it gets the sage mediafile object, and it called GetMediaFileMetadata to get the MediaTitle, Season, etc, and these calls are triggering sage to call the metadata plugin since the object doesn't yet have metadata, and the cycle continues.. until a stack overflow causes the jvm to exit.

My recommendation for now is to disable the automatic plugin, until I can publish a fix. I may be able to get a "quick hack" work around out before I leave, but don't hold your breath

@Ikarius - I run it under linux and I haven't encountered this issue (yet).
Old 08-21-2009, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
Sean-
Thank you for your work on this, and ... wow- sending out a fix attempt while you're on vacation- that's dedication!
Technically, my vacation starts in 1hr And then i won't have access to a computer
Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

I actually have been getting hs_err_pid files when the crash happens. Aren't those Java errors?

I also just updated to 1.6 update 15 of Java after giving up on 3.0.1 until you get back. What version of Java are you running?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I actually have been getting hs_err_pid files when the crash happens. Aren't those Java errors?

I also just updated to 1.6 update 15 of Java after giving up on 3.0.1 until you get back. What version of Java are you running?
hs_err_pid is a jvm crash report. I run java 1.6.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

The new patch seems to have fixed it for me. Thank you so much for working on this while getting ready to leave.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Thanks for the new patch, it seems to have fixed my missing season and episode data issue.

Have a good holiday.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay... where is the new patch? The last thing to download I could try was 3.0.1; which is completely broken (crashes sageTV). The last thing I saw Sean say about it was, "I may be able to get a "quick hack" work around out before I leave, but don't hold your breath ". Did you get it via PM?

@Sean have a great vacation! I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to enjoy your plugin to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Thanks for the new patch, it seems to have fixed my missing season and episode data issue.

Have a good holiday.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

In the Announcements thread the last entry has a version 3.0.2.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Sage User

http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...q=#makechanges

-pischke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Okay... where is the new patch? The last thing to download I could try was 3.0.1; which is completely broken (crashes sageTV). The last thing I saw Sean say about it was, "I may be able to get a "quick hack" work around out before I leave, but don't hold your breath ". Did you get it via PM?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by pischke View Post
Thats where I got mine from.

Anyone else having a very minor issue with titles and " " For example "Fantastic Four" or "Batman Begins". How do you get rid of the " ", I've tried editing via the WebUI and altering the .properties.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, thats pretty nice. I missed that. I'll definitely try it! Thanks!!!

***RIP SageTV***