SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
Okay- from what others have posted, this looks like an issue with the mask value found under "Configuration->Metadata Tools->Sage Persistence->Sage Recording TV Title Mask".

In my 3.0 install, the value is simply "${Media Title}".
Is that a space in Media Title, it should just be ${MediaTitle}. The mask properties are simply SageTV properties. For sage recordings, ${MediaTitle} should be the correct default value, and you shouldn't need to change it, unless you want your display title to include more information, such as "${SeasonNumber}" or "${EpisodeNumber}"

Quote:
Looking at the names of recordings, the filenames look like this:
ShowName-EpisodeTitle-UnkownNumber-0.ts

I'm guessing that the field I labelled UnknownNumber is the Sage internal MediaID, but I'm not sure. I also don't know what the trailing "0" is- my guess is if the same show is recorded multiple times it would increment, but it's only a guess.
When a search for sage recording is done from within the sagetv environment, the filename is not important (at least it shouldn't be), but a bug has slipped through (apparently a few), and it appears the bmt, when running inside of sage, is using the filename instead of relying on the existing sagetv metadata.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Sean,

When I import into the default STV I notice -

Anything to be concerned about?

B
I wish I knew the answer to that... i suspect that it is not very important, since I think the stv is working in my environment, but I haven't rebuilt the stv since upgrading the 6.6 version. I'm hoping to do some work on the stv in a couple of weeks. For now, i've added a bug, so that I can remember to look at it.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean,
Thanks. I thought there was a space in ${MediaTitle}, but it appears not- was just the font appearing funny on my screen.

If it helps for purposes of tracking down the bug, I'm running Sage Server on top of Linux.

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

Not exactly sure what's happened, but I installed the 3.0 release version over the previous beta version, now I am getting this from sage in my mailcheck.log:

Code:
2009-08-20 14:10:04,156 ERROR [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin (MetadataUpdaterPlugin.java:184) - Failed while performing Automatic Metadata/Fanart lookup
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jdna.media.MovieResourceFilter
    at org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin.extractMetadata(MetadataUpdaterPlugin.java:101)
    at sage.media.format.g.a(Unknown Source)
    at sage.at.a(Unknown Source)
    at sage.ce.a(Unknown Source)
    at sage.ce.k1(Unknown Source)
    at sage.ce.access$400(Unknown Source)
    at sage.ce$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at sage.cs$a.run(Unknown Source)
And this in the GUI:

Code:
Version
Automatic Plugin Enabled (Server)
true
Custom Fields Configured
true
Last Scan Date
Thu Aug 20 14:10:04 EDT 2009
Total Scanned
Total Failed
(1) Failed MediaFile
No Name
(2) Failed MediaFile
No Name
(3) Failed MediaFile
No Name

It was working perfectly before copying over the new release, sage was shut down while I moved it over, and I've restarted the machine a few times since then. The movies are added to my system, but they aren't getting any metadata, nor fanart.

**EDIT** Ok, after trying again, I'm getting a slightly different error, and it appears to be the handling of UNC paths in the new plugin:

Code:
2009-08-20 14:28:52,734 ERROR [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin (MetadataUpdaterPlugin.java:184) - Failed while performing Automatic Metadata/Fanart lookup
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin.extractMetadata(MetadataUpdaterPlugin.java:101)
	at sage.at.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ce.k1(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ce.access$400(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ce$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at sage.cs$a.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Illegal/unsupported escape squence near index 10
\\media01\movies\videos
          ^
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.escape(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.atom(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
	at org.jdna.media.MovieResourceFilter.init(MovieResourceFilter.java:38)
	at org.jdna.media.MovieResourceFilter.<init>(MovieResourceFilter.java:25)
	at org.jdna.media.MovieResourceFilter.<clinit>(MovieResourceFilter.java:13)
	... 12 more
Looks like it thinks the \ after the server is an escape sequence and bombing out on it. The previous versions of BMT didn't have that problem. (Upon further review, it looks like that was a folder I had set up for BMT to ignore, but I'm still getting the first error when I try a scan).

Last edited by heffe2001; 08-20-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

@Ikarius - I'm running linux server as well....
@heffe2001 - Is your phoenix library at 1.42? Or, do you have multiple phoenix jar files in your Jars directory. A ClassNotFound error is most likely because of missing jars, incomplete jars, or duplicate jars.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
@Ikarius - I'm running linux server as well....
@heffe2001 - Is your phoenix library at 1.42? Or, do you have multiple phoenix jar files in your Jars directory. A ClassNotFound error is most likely because of missing jars, incomplete jars, or duplicate jars.
Phoenix v1.42 is what the GUI shows, and a visual inspection of the jars folder shows no duplicate .jar's.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just a quick question about upgrading. . .

After I've copied the new 3.0 files into their respective folders, do I have to go back and re-import the STVi?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
Just a quick question about upgrading. . .

After I've copied the new 3.0 files into their respective folders, do I have to go back and re-import the STVi?

Thanks,
Chris
The stvi hasn't changed, so you should not need to re-import it.

@heffe2001 - Can you check the logs for any exceptions before that point... or email the logs to metadatatools at gmail.com. I can't think of a reason why there would be a ClassNotFound in the log, if all the jars are correct.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Server sleeping?

Is anyone else noticing that their server is not sleeping post 3.0 install? I believe that mine was sleeping ok with the beta version.

Lynn

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Sage HD300 with Sony KDL40XBR9 and Sony HTCT100 Soundbar
Old 08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed the new version and now Sage starts and immediately dies. Any clues?

Edit: Never mind. Ended up being something else the timing was just coincidental.

Last edited by toricred; 08-20-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
Is anyone else noticing that their server is not sleeping post 3.0 install? I believe that mine was sleeping ok with the beta version.

Lynn
Lynn, I did check my server (linux), and my sage process spends most of its time sleeping... just like my cat actually
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

I just sent the logs I have to the address provided. If you need me to turn on debug logging in Sage I will.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
Regarding the masks for Episode and Season numbers
I have changed the mask to:
${Title} - S${SeasonNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle} - Ep${EpisodeNumber}

which seems to work when the shows record with an Episode title.
Some shows though (I'm via xmltv) come in as: Title-S6Ep7-878743-0.ts
and are not getting matched.

I presume this is because there is no Episode Title?
Is there any way around this?

Thanks for all your good work.
cheers
Chris
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Lynn, I did check my server (linux), and my sage process spends most of its time sleeping... just like my cat actually
Thanks Sean, you are running Linus (wisely!) are you not. I should have mentioned that I am using XP, and getting it to sleep is always a (huge) problem. Thanks for the response and, of course, all of you efforts.

Lynn

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Sage HD300 with Sony KDL40XBR9 and Sony HTCT100 Soundbar
Old 08-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just gave 3.0.1 a shot. The scanning for TV happens now, but no season or episode information is pulled down. I checked for several of my recorded shows and they were all in thetvdb.com, but the properties file had no season or episode info (along with a few other oddities).

In the logs, I see warnings like the following, which I think may be related.
Code:
2009-08-20 23:51:57,554  WARN [Thread-30] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.tvdb.TVDBItemParser (TVDBItemParser.java:96) - No Specific Episode Lookup for query: 79488
I have attached one of the properties files that was generated.

Thanks for the quick turn-around on 3.0.1. I hope the info above is helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Leverage-TheTopHatJob-4836543-0.ts.properties.txt (1.0 KB, 192 views)
Old 08-20-2009, 11:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I imported the 3.0.1 STVi for sageMC onto a setup that's never had BMT before with all the latest JARs in my JARs dir and no duplicates or old versions of any JARs. Latest Java, latest SageTV, latest SageMC. Immediately after importing and enabling fanart, and automatic fanart, I could do an OnDemand lookup for TV shows. However, as soon as I exited SageTV.exe and restarted sageTVservice.exe and restarted them back up, sageTVservice.exe crashes upon startup every time. I dont have the webtool installed. This is this is the first time Ive seen sageTVservice actually crash on this machine since Ive bought it 2 1/2 years ago. However, Ive seen it crash when I had XP on another machine when I had analog capture cards.

3.0.0 didnt crash sageTVservice.exe, but it didnt work at all either; except for on demand fanart movies.

Any idea what could cause 3.0.1 to crash and 3.0.0 not to crash? In both cases, I reverted to my sageTV image that's never had BMT before installing BMT.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 08-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
I just gave 3.0.1 a shot. The scanning for TV happens now, but no season or episode information is pulled down. I checked for several of my recorded shows and they were all in thetvdb.com, but the properties file had no season or episode info (along with a few other oddities).
I'm also seeing this with the latest 3.0.1 version. No Season or Episode data is present in the .properties files.

Also, on demand lookup is working but auto lookup doesn't seem to be at the moment for TV shows although I can't be 100% sure of that at the moment.

Cheers

Ben
Old 08-21-2009, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Hi,
Regarding the masks for Episode and Season numbers
I have changed the mask to:
${Title} - S${SeasonNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle} - Ep${EpisodeNumber}

which seems to work when the shows record with an Episode title.
Some shows though (I'm via xmltv) come in as: Title-S6Ep7-878743-0.ts
and are not getting matched.

I presume this is because there is no Episode Title?
Is there any way around this?

Thanks for all your good work.
cheers
Chris
I've added an enhancement request for this. This seems pretty easy to do, especially since xmltv is providing the season and episiode in the filename.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I imported the 3.0.1 STVi for sageMC onto a setup that's never had BMT before with all the latest JARs in my JARs dir and no duplicates or old versions of any JARs. Latest Java, latest SageTV, latest SageMC. Immediately after importing and enabling fanart, and automatic fanart, I could do an OnDemand lookup for TV shows. However, as soon as I exited SageTV.exe and restarted sageTVservice.exe and restarted them back up, sageTVservice.exe crashes upon startup every time. I dont have the webtool installed. This is this is the first time Ive seen sageTVservice actually crash on this machine since Ive bought it 2 1/2 years ago. However, Ive seen it crash when I had XP on another machine when I had analog capture cards.

3.0.0 didnt crash sageTVservice.exe, but it didnt work at all either; except for on demand fanart movies.

Any idea what could cause 3.0.1 to crash and 3.0.0 not to crash? In both cases, I reverted to my sageTV image that's never had BMT before installing BMT.
you should zip up all the logs (mailcheck, sagetv, etc) and email them to metadatatools at gmail.com and i'll look them over when I get back from vacation. Another user did send me his logs, and I was able to fairly quickly find a bug in the initialization code. i tend to write a lot of information to the logs because it's really the only tool I have to help troubleshoot issues.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage Icon

I'm having the same issue with immediate crashing. I'm going back to version 3.0.0 for now. I'll do some more testing and grabbing log files later today and get them to you. What logs other than mailcheck and sagetv do you need?