SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
mayhewda... the bmt server code is generating errors... the mailcheck log will probably have more information as to what the exceptions are. It almost seems as if you don't have all the correct jars installed. You should check your JARs folder and see if you have any duplicate jars with different versions. If you do, then that could be your issue.
everything looks installed fine to me and there is no duplicate jars. From the mailcheck log the main error is :

2009-08-14 08:08:04,344 ERROR [4147745@qtp-32879825-7] org.jdna.bmt.web.server.PreferencesServiceImpl (PreferencesServiceImpl.java:59) - getPreferences failed!
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class phoenix.api

i can attach the rest of the log file if needed. Whats required to have bmt initialize phoenix? A configuration or install issue?

Thanks again for assistance.
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

The rest of the log file might help... but a NoClassDefFoundError generally means that it can't find the class (in this case phoenix.api), which is odd, since it is bundled with bmt.

Are you running vista with UAC enabled? If so, when you extracted the bmt plugin, did you do it as the same user as the sagetv user? What java version are you running?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The rest of the log file might help... but a NoClassDefFoundError generally means that it can't find the class (in this case phoenix.api), which is odd, since it is bundled with bmt.

Are you running vista with UAC enabled? If so, when you extracted the bmt plugin, did you do it as the same user as the sagetv user? What java version are you running?
wasnt sure how to tell what java version but went to this site http://www.javatester.org/version.html and its saying java version 1.6.0_12 from Sun Microsystems

The system is XP SP3 (not sure what UAC is (user access control)?)mailcheck.txt
1 x Sage TV server
Sony S550 Blueray

Last edited by mayhewda; 08-14-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Excuse me if this has been asked but I just started messing with BMT on the tv side of things. Does BMT no fetch season and episode information for recorded tv like it does none recorded/imported shows? It appears to have on a couple of shows (friends) but most when I get fanart/metadata for it it does not. Not sure if it is suppose to or not. I figured it could by using episode name.

cheers
Old 08-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

In my case it gets the season/episode some (maybe most) of the time.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's what Plucky is asking, why does it get it sometimes and not all the time? Why for only some shows and not all? Can the episode title be used?

I'm looking at my recorded shows and it's about 50/50 for season and episode data.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

media scraping is not an exact science... finding the show is half the battle, and then, you have to match the episode title with an episode title that is on tvdb.... several things can happen. 1. the tvdb may not be updated with the latest title... 2. the titles not not match... or something else (who knows??). The best thing to do, is when it happens, note the episode, and see if tvdb has been updated with that information.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean yes the episodes are listed on tvdb do I need to have the import into sagetvdb database checked for it to work with tv files recorded? It appears to on fetch fanart in my current settings
Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Sean yes the episodes are listed on tvdb do I need to have the import into sagetvdb database checked for it to work with tv files recorded? It appears to on fetch fanart in my current settings
You do not need to have the "import as sagetv recording" checked. If you have a specific show/episode in mind, then send me the filename of the show so that I can test it.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You do not need to have the "import as sagetv recording" checked. If you have a specific show/episode in mind, then send me the filename of the show so that I can test it.
Okay got it working one issue it doesn't seem to download the season folders(fanart) like it does for non imported tv files.

cheers
Old 08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

How did you get it working?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to make BMT not download IMDB posters and only download posters from themoviedb but still download the metadata from IMDB? I am using BMT pretty much out of the box and it downloads great images from themoviedb but also downloads a poor image from IMDB that I have to go and manually delete.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theringnebula View Post
Is there a way to make BMT not download IMDB posters and only download posters from themoviedb but still download the metadata from IMDB? I am using BMT pretty much out of the box and it downloads great images from themoviedb but also downloads a poor image from IMDB that I have to go and manually delete.
I believe that is the imdb/moviedb setting.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
How did you get it working?
Installed the correct version of BMT on my client
Old 08-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Which version are you running?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
wasnt sure how to tell what java version but went to this site http://www.javatester.org/version.html and its saying java version 1.6.0_12 from Sun Microsystems

The system is XP SP3 (not sure what UAC is (user access control)?)Attachment 8904
fixed my issue - wrong phoenix.jar version - thanks
1 x Sage TV server
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-16-2009, 09:12 PM

Auto-download?

Hi all. Thanks for the great tool you've made here.

I just got this running this evening, but I think there's something I'm missing here. I did a full 'Refresh Library' from the web ui, and that very nicely scraped and generated properties files for my recorded TV (finds the correct episodes, etc). Now, while the properties files contain URLs to fanart, that art wasn't actually downloaded. I have fanart enabled and a central folder set, and I can manually download fanart using the 'Metadata/Fanart' button within Sage, but it doesn't seem to download automatically. Is there another setting that I should be changing, or am I misunderstanding how this is to be used?

Thanks!

(Beta 9, SageTV 6.6, Java 1.6, SageMC 6.3.9a, phoenix 1.38, jetty 1.6)
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theringnebula View Post
Hi,

Configure > Metadata Tools > Metatdata Configuration > Metadata Provider(s)

Remove imdb from the above section. Alternatively move IMDB to the end of the line, then it will use MovieDB first and if no match IMDB.

I also dislike IMDB posters

HTH,

Nick.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Great tool, thank you so much! This is some high caliber effort!

Question, can I use the web based interface to assign metadata? For something that is let's say called "40YearOldVirgin.mkv", nothing comes up, but when I click on the "Find Metadata" link on the web based interface, I can select the "The 40 Year Old Virgin". How do i make that selection stick and save it?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Great tool, thank you so much! This is some high caliber effort!

Question, can I use the web based interface to assign metadata? For something that is let's say called "40YearOldVirgin.mkv", nothing comes up, but when I click on the "Find Metadata" link on the web based interface, I can select the "The 40 Year Old Virgin". How do i make that selection stick and save it?

Thanks!
the 3.0 betas are incomplete in functionality. I have a 3.0 release build that I'm hoping to roll out this week, that will include the ability to save metadata, if I don't get it to a full build stage, then I'll probably release it as a beta10, since I'm on vacation next week.