SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Versions seem to be ok. If you want the 6.5.18 beta, then you can grab it by finding a post by Opus4 and looking for the link in his signature... that's what I do

As for the fanart folder, if the web ui is not allowing your set it correctly using the directory picker, then just manually type your folder location in the text box and click save.

As for the 3 modes of this tool...
commandline is pretty self explanatory... you run it from a command shell, passing parameters, and movies/folders to scan.

automatic is where it is registered as a metadata plugin for sagetv. When new movies as added to the library, this tool will handle the metadata/fanart lookups. Requires some configuration to get this working.

on-demand means that you are using it interactively. You need to import the metadata tools stvi/xml and then in the guide, tv, or media library, you can request an interactive scan for metadata/fanart.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I followed the all the instructions at the site to install and when I go to the web ui, i get the attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmt error.jpg (64.9 KB, 294 views)
Old 06-25-2009, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybio View Post
I followed the all the instructions at the site to install and when I go to the web ui, i get the attached.
You need to have jetty installed.... and you are hitting nielm's webserver. What port is Jetty installed on?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had it set to the same port as nielm's plugin. i changed it, but now i get this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmt2.jpg (71.3 KB, 275 views)
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I think that there is a bug in my jetty context file (jetty/contexts/bmt.xml). Edit the file and look for these lines and make sure both are set to true.

Code:
  <Set name="extractWAR">true</Set>
  <Set name="copyWebDir">true</Set>
Then in the jetty/webapps/ dir delete the bmt dir and restart sage server. That should extract the web application properly. Don't delete the bmt.war, just the bmt dir.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Success!

Thanks for helping me through that.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Success!

Thanks for helping me through that.
np... sorry I haven't released a fix for it yet.... it was brought to my attention in the first beta
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think that there is a bug in my jetty context file (jetty/contexts/bmt.xml). Edit the file and look for these lines and make sure both are set to true.

Code:
  <Set name="extractWAR">true</Set>
  <Set name="copyWebDir">true</Set>
Then in the jetty/webapps/ dir delete the bmt dir and restart sage server. That should extract the web application properly. Don't delete the bmt.war, just the bmt dir.
Just an FYI this appears to have corrected my issue as well. Thank you for the great app, and all the trouble shooting tips.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI, you may want to include the bit about conflicting port numbers with nielm's webserver in your instructions. For the less network inclined of us, it helps to know every detail that could go wrong.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Stuckless -

I reanabled the auto plugin as well as the parser, and now some really funky stuff is going on...

it has trippled my video count. it appears as though it mutli-indexed my movies so
i now have Wedding-Crashers (3 Videos) I also tried removing my import directory and reimporting everything....No Dice. Same problem as I originally had...which to refresh your memory is i was only getting about 1/3 of my movie collection showing up.

*EDIT*

Spoke to soon. i disabled the auto plugin, and then did a complete re-import and it appears as though my original issue was solved. Not sure why the auto plugin would cause both of the above issues.....

Last edited by PiX64; 06-26-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

That is odd... maybe I'll try re-importing my collection at some point to see if I can reproduce the problem. I don't see how the the bmt plugin would cause wedding crashers to show up 3 times... but if it only happens when my plugin is installed, then logic tells me it must be my plugin
Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

If it is your plugin, let me know if there is anything i can do to help weather it be coding, debuging, testing whatever.....
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Stuckless, if I remember correctly, you had mentioned back when I had the problem mentioned below in version 2.3, that version 3.0 would have a way to debug in greater detail for this kind of a problem if it is still happening in 3.0.

I'm wondering if you have any tips for finding out what's causing the automatic plugin to not understand how to use the fanart folder path setting defined in the properties file (using some kind of 3.0 logging); and, maybe comparing the results to the "On Demand" function which uses the same setting correctly. Also, it looks like ShortySeanbo has this identical behavior; even at the command-line.

We both cant save to the fanart folder; even when its defined correctly in the settings; however, it works when using On Demand (he already confirmed he has the same exact behavior for both On Demand and automatic functions via PM. It doesnt seem to matter if we use version 2.3 or 3.0 of BMI in respect to automatic verses on demand using the fanart folder path.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide,
MKANET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Currently, all the fanart is still being automatically downloaded to the same directory as where each respective mpg file is located. For example, fanart jpgs are being saved to the TV Recordings folder; and, also in each respective Video imports folder without creating the TV and movies folders (all files mixed together) in each separate folder that has mpg's (including TV recordings).

Webui fanart settings look correct as far as I can tell. If I manually do an on Demand save of the fanart/metadata, then the fanart will be copied to E:\fanart (which works correctly; and, always has).

The above-mentioned behavior has happened in both version 2.3.1 (although it happened only once) and consistently in version 3.0.

It looks like for whatever reason, the automatic feature can't read the fanart location setting defined in the properties file (which the same setting works correctly for manual On Demand saving.

Properties:
bmt/plugin/enabled=true
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder=E\:\\Fanart
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartEnabled=true

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Stuckless -

Was wondering if you might know why when i have in my .properties file for all my media RunTime=123 min (example) it would be showing up in your BMT gui as 1...

props were generated using EP's beta13....

Sage is showing the same thing...no movie runtimes, etc.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

@mkanet - I'm not sure what else to tell you. The only time that the fanart won't be written to the fanart dir, is if the fanart folder is not set. In your case it appears to be set, so I'm not sure what I can tell you. If you enable logging and then try the automatic plugin, the log will contain information about where it's trying to write the information.

@pix64 - I think there is bug in the web ui. RunTime should actually be a stored as a number (# of milliseconds, it think). I've noticed this myself, and I've been meaning to try and convert "123 min" to a # that sage can use. Maybe the next build... maybe later
Old 06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Regarding the moving of imported video to recorded tv.

1) The only way to do this is by going to individual video files, selecting options, selecting metadata/fanart. Right?

2) Once it is in the recorded tv section, it isn't possible for sage to group it by title? I moved two eps of Arrested Development to recorded tv and they show up individually while all of my other shows are grouped into folders. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Regarding the moving of imported video to recorded tv.

1) The only way to do this is by going to individual video files, selecting options, selecting metadata/fanart. Right?
For now, yes. Eventually I'll add an "automatic" import, and sit back and wait for the all support posts to roll in as people complain about how bmt messed up their media library

Quote:
2) Once it is in the recorded tv section, it isn't possible for sage to group it by title? I moved two eps of Arrested Development to recorded tv and they show up individually while all of my other shows are grouped into folders. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing.
You probably didn't change the TV title mask. The default TV Title mask is "SeriesName - S##E## - Episode Title", but you can change that. In 3.x just do a search in the configuration for "Mask" and then change the TV Title Mask to be just the Series Title.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hey Sean,

I eventually got around to installing the latest version (3.0-beta-3) last night and everything seems to be working great. I've copied a few tester films over and within five minutes its grabbed all the metadata and fanart automatically. Imported TV shows required a manual scan and didn't get added to Sage Recordings but I think I read thats not implemented yet so no big deal there.

The web UI is just pure genius.

Many thanks to you and all those that helped make the tool, very cool

Can't wait for the full release of version 3

Cheers

Ben
Old 06-28-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed everything this morning and BMI scans through my collection without a problem. I closed out of the web GUI and SageTV for a bit. Now it appears the Web GUI is not working. Instead of taking me directly to the web GUI is takes me to the directory. I then go into the html link and get "Failed To Get Status" error messages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (92.3 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (99.1 KB, 242 views)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I just installed everything this morning and BMI scans through my collection without a problem. I closed out of the web GUI and SageTV for a bit. Now it appears the Web GUI is not working. Instead of taking me directly to the web GUI is takes me to the directory. I then go into the html link and get "Failed To Get Status" error messages.
I had a similar problem after doing a full reindex when I installed BMI. I think you'll find its still doing the scan and as soon as its finished the scan everything will be back to normal. If your using the default SageTV UI you can check this as you'll have an image at the top of the screen indicating that a scan is still in process. It can take quite a long time to carry out a full reindex so be prepared for a long wait.