SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Cool. I do have about 10 folders and the ones I looked at (most of them) all have zero byte.

Stuckless, where can I find documentation on getting this setup correctly? I have found this: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dff28jvm_13f4rf57f6 Still reading and re-reading to come up to speed.
That's probably the most up2date document so far. When I complete the 3.x release, I'll go ahead and update the wiki to match.

Quote:
I trying to setup BMT by pointing to a exported .xml (my moves file) but don't know if it actually doing anything. Need to play around some more, I know I don't have it setup correctly.

Anyhow, MyMovies 2.55 has "option to store meta-data for SageTV" Anyone know what that's about?
You should be able to set your xml file in the mymovies configuration screen, and then you'll need to add mymovies to the provider list. If you are using the web ui, then goto "configure" and search for "provider", then edit the "Metadata Provider(s)" setting and add mymovies or mymovies-2 to the start of the list. mymovies-2 is a special provider that will use your mymovies xml file for metadata and covers, but it will also pull fanart from TheMovieDB.org if possible.

I don't know anything about the sagetv format for mymovies, but it's probably an export that will create .properties files and thumbnail icons in a format that sage will recognize.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

The latest RC for Sage (6.5.18) seems to have fixed my issues with the EpisodeTitle not being populated and therefore my not getting Episode and Season Numbers.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Stuckless -

Im not sure if this is where I should post this or not, but the problem started after installing the BMT 3.x. What is happening is when I setup my video import directory for all of my DVD Sage now only sees roughly half of them. I cannot get the other half to show up in Sage or BMT web at all. The properties files exist for all DVD's and are the new format created with mediascraper13.

Any ideas?

*Opus if this post is in the wrong spot i apologize
Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Hey Stuckless -

Im not sure if this is where I should post this or not, but the problem started after installing the BMT 3.x. What is happening is when I setup my video import directory for all of my DVD Sage now only sees roughly half of them. I cannot get the other half to show up in Sage or BMT web at all. The properties files exist for all DVD's and are the new format created with mediascraper13.

Any ideas?
You can try a couple of things....
* Check the logging in the bmt web ui, and enable debug logging
* Using the bmt web ui or sage ui, tell sage to refresh your collection. keep in mind that re-scanning will take time...

One the scan is complete, check the logs for errors, also the web ui will report some errors/successes on the status screen. (the web ui status screen will tell if the library import scanner is currently running, but you will need to refresh the page for the status to be updated)

You can try disabling the automatic metadata plugin from the web ui. (uncheck Configure -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin Configuration -> Enabled)
Then you can refresh your library again. BMT will still be called, but it will do nothing in terms of lookups, etc.

Lastly, you can try uninstalling the bmt plugin all together... Unfortunately I don't have an easy way for this to happen (yet), but you can partially do it from the web ui.... (Configure -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings -> Metadata Parsers) and remove "org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin" from the list. You'll need to restart sagetv server for this to take effect.

Once the bmt plugin has been removed, you can try refreshing your library again... and see if sage will pick up your media. If sage still doesn't pick up the media, then I'd request more sage specific help
Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage User

I just got this installed and it seems to be a great addition to sage but there are a couple of things that I either missed or suggestions that I would like to throw out there. I am using this with the whs versions sage and mymovies. The mymovies.xml is not necessarily on the c: drive so being able to select a different drive or network path would be great. Also, the c: partition of the system is pretty small on WHS; it would be nice if we could define a network path for the fanart folder.

BMT is still scanning my collection so maybe I missed something and if so please point me in the right direction. Thanks for a great plug in
Old 06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

I will try all three of those suggestions, and then report back.

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Is it just me or are the links dead on the notification thread to download?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

scratch that didn't see beta 3.0 3.

Also jetty is only required for the web plugin correct?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
scratch that didn't see beta 3.0 3.

Also jetty is only required for the web plugin correct?
Jetty is required for configuring the plugin via the web interface and for providing some troublshooting info. So, if you are not going to install it, and you ask for help, my first question will be... "what does xxx say in the web ui" or "check to see if yyy is enabled in the web ui". It is not required for the operation of the plugin/tool, but it will help in configuring all the options that are available.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy22382 View Post
I just got this installed and it seems to be a great addition to sage but there are a couple of things that I either missed or suggestions that I would like to throw out there. I am using this with the whs versions sage and mymovies. The mymovies.xml is not necessarily on the c: drive so being able to select a different drive or network path would be great. Also, the c: partition of the system is pretty small on WHS; it would be nice if we could define a network path for the fanart folder.

BMT is still scanning my collection so maybe I missed something and if so please point me in the right direction. Thanks for a great plug in
you can specify UNC paths or other drive paths, but the popup filemanager does not yet support UNC file paths or listing the file roots. But, if you copy and paste the path in the textbox, it should work.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

I couldn't get the automatic plugin to disable. Only after i removed the metadta parser did it show up on the UI that the auto plugin was disabled.

So everything works now, and i am able to access all of my DVD's / TV Show DVD's.

Any ideas on how to further debug this and fix the issue? I would like to continue using your tools as they truly are AWESOME

Also as a side question do you know how to get fanart and properties files for DVD TV Series?

I have for example Simpsons -> Simpsons Season 1 -> Simpsons Season 1 - 1, Simpsons Season 1 - 2, etc.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

After installing Jetty alongside BMI, if I try to use the web UI I get an error as depicted below:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...webuierror.png

I also get a few other pop up errors, stating the inability get the status of BMI etc.. It worked at first, but after one try, either locally, or on a networked pc, no joy.

I am sure I have something misconfigured, but I cannot find it.

Last edited by Opus4; 06-24-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Image is too wide to be inline; changed to link.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I couldn't get the automatic plugin to disable. Only after i removed the metadta parser did it show up on the UI that the auto plugin was disabled.
The UI should probably be updated to reflect the 2 "enabled" states of the plugin. The UI only reports that the plugin is actually installed and doesn't report when it is actually installed but disabled. That's something I should try to fix.

Quote:
So everything works now, and i am able to access all of my DVD's / TV Show DVD's.
This is an odd issue, and I know others have resported this as well. It must be something to do with how sagetv and the plugin interact. I think that perhaps, when the plugin is failing for some reason, it is either throwing an exception that sage can't handle, or it's return "null" data that sage doesn't like. I'll try to get more information on this.

Quote:
Any ideas on how to further debug this and fix the issue? I would like to continue using your tools as they truly are AWESOME
Since you have you collection scanned, you can probably, re-enable the automatic plugin, and just take note if you start finding that new movies are not showing up in your collection.

Quote:
Also as a side question do you know how to get fanart and properties files for DVD TV Series?

I have for example Simpsons -> Simpsons Season 1 -> Simpsons Season 1 - 1, Simpsons Season 1 - 2, etc.
I think the only supported tv dvd format (out of the box), is "SeriesName S##D##", so "Simpson S01D01" should work (i think).
Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
After installing Jetty alongside BMI, if I try to use the web UI I get an error as depicted below:

I also get a few other pop up errors, stating the inability get the status of BMI etc.. It worked at first, but after one try, either locally, or on a networked pc, no joy.

I am sure I have something misconfigured, but I cannot find it.
Are you running the bmt web ui as part of the jetty plugin embedded with the sagetv process? Normally, I see this in development, from time to time, because I tend to run my dev environment outside of the sagetv process, and as such, the remote apis are required to talk with sage. But I've never seen this when running in the same jvm as the sage server process. You can check the log files (sagetv_0.txt) and maybe mailcheck.log to see if there are any errors.

If you are running this outside the sagetv server process, then you'll need to have the remote apis installed on the sagetv server, so that it can communicate.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Its funny you mention the Null because i do recall seeing a nullpointer exception in the log4j.log file after you suggest i enable that bad boy....
Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Its funny you mention the Null because i do recall seeing a nullpointer exception in the log4j.log file after you suggest i enable that bad boy....
One thing that was brought to my attention, is that if the plugin failed to initialize for some reason, then it may cause the side effects that you had noticed. Apparently the latest 6.5.18 rc build has a fix this. The plugin may still fail to load for whatever reason, but it should not have a negative side effect on sagetv library scanning.

I don't know what would cause the plugin to fail to initialize, other than incorrect java version. I use java1.6.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

I am also running java 1.6.....After i get my little DVD TV Series issue figured out, then i will try re-enabling th parser and auto plugin to test it out.

Ill let ya know.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Sage User

Hi All

New to the forums and SageTV for that matter.

I have just installed all software as per instructions on this page:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dff28jvm_13f4rf57f6

I seem to have every thing working except for the cover art, it is bringing
all the DVD Metadata but no covers at all.

Not knowing the product very well at this point I am finding hard to even know where to start looking

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,

Paul
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

plnewton - a couple of questions....
what stv version (6.5.18)?
what bmt version (2.x or 3.x)?
what providers (defaults, or did you configure others)
How are you using it? (command line, automatic plugin, stv on demand plugin)
Is your central fanart folder set?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

SageTV version 6.5.17.213
Which was on the link from the instructions page to install BMT
Where do I find 6.5.18?

BMT Version 3.0-beta-3

Providers are set to defaults, I have not done anything with this yet

I think I am using it as automatic plugin but to be honest I found this all a little confusing as to how to set up each and what the differences are between them, I have not had a chance to read through this thread in great detail but if you can point me to a description of each that would be great.

I have the Fanart Folder set but to c:\Program Files\SageTV\Fanart and I have selected this but when I close it and BMT webpage it shows the path as c:\Program Files\SageTV and seems to loose the Fanart off the end of the path??

Cheers,

Paul