SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
If you have not customized properties (done by directly editing the sage.properties) file then you can ignore that step.
Well, I do have some customized properties, but I don't think that matters. I'm pretty sure upgrades sometimes muck with sage.properties files, but I don't think, in general, they change customized settings unless they need to because of changes in the new versions of Sage. So I think that people have have customized their sage.properties files are safe even when they don't add "customized properties" back into the file (because they should already be there anyway).

Thanks for the instructions, by the way. They're very helpful. I might ask for a couple more clarifications when I actually try to install and configure everything. I think I'm going to wait for the next release of SageMC, which I think is suppose to be pretty soon. Maybe I'll wait until the next version of SageTV is out too, but I haven't decided yet.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Nick, I can't confirm this, but might work....
Code:
TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi
The reason this MAY work is that the naming format will match a sage recording, which is by default a tv show, and when the sage recording format is used, then tv episode lookups are done using the title, ie, ChristmasSpecialPart1 and not the Season and Episode info.

To thest this, you can try to run a quick "offline" test such as...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --offline --tv --metadataOnly c:\temp\TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi
This will create 2 files in your C:\Temp area, TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi and TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi.properties. Then look in the properties to see if it found the correct data. If so, then it works... if not, then i'm not sure there's any way to fix it, unless i add a specific case.
Hi Sean,

Didn't work I'm afraid. Tried a few different names similar to above as well, but no luck.

I don't want you to add an exception though, it's not that important. Thanks for trying

Regards,

Nick.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi Sean,

Didn't work I'm afraid. Tried a few different names similar to above as well, but no luck.

I don't want you to add an exception though, it's not that important. Thanks for trying

Regards,

Nick.
Nick, try this...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --tv --metdadataOnly --offline --auto=false TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi
Then select, "The Office (UK)", and it shoudl work. I just did it and it pulled down the metadata for that show.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nick, try this...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --tv --metdadataOnly --offline --auto=false TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi
Then select, "The Office (UK)", and it shoudl work. I just did it and it pulled down the metadata for that show.
Hi Sean,

That worked for part 1, but it also got exactly the same data for part 2 (ie, part 1's data). This makes part 2 not show up at all as sage thinks it's the same file!

Also, I've noticed that if you EVER do a manual search for metadata from within Sage, the following happens:

Code:
#Sage Video Metadata for file:////NAS1/Video/TV/The%20Office%20(UK)/Specials/TheOffice-ChristmasSpecialPart1-000000-0.avi
#Fri May 08 12:53:11 BST 2009
Actor=Ricky Gervais -- David Brent;\nLucy Davis -- Dawn Tinsley;\nMartin Freeman -- Tim Canterbury;\nMackenzie Crook -- Gareth Keenan;\nRalph Ineson -- Chris 'Finchy' Finch;\nStacey Roca -- Rachel;\nEwen Macintosh -- Keith;\nPatrick Baladi -- Neil Godwin;\nAlexander Perkins -- Ralph;\nJamie Deeks -- Jamie;\nJoel Beckett -- Lee;\nJulie Fernandez -- Brenda;\nKiki Kendrick -- ;\nOliver Chris -- Ricky Howard;\nRachel Isaac -- Trudy;\nSally Bretton -- Donna;\nStirling Gallacher -- Jennifer Taylor-Clark;
Description=It's been three years since the BBC documentary crew first arrived at the office. Back for one last visit, they find Gareth Keenan now in charge and is running the office with a military precision. Since we last saw David Brent he has become a sales rep for a cleaning products company, released his own pop single and has acquired an agent to look after his celebrity appearances. He visits his old workplace regularly, despite him successfully suing Wernham Hogg for unfair dismissal. The big news for Tim is the imminent arrival of Dawn. The documentary crew has kindly offered to fly Dawn and boyfriend Lee from Florida back to Slough for the office Christmas party.\nUser Rating\: 9\n
Director=Ricky Gervais;Stephen Merchant;
EpisodeNumber=1
EpisodeTitle=Christmas Special, Part 1
Genre=Comedy
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:78107
MediaTitle=The Office (UK)
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2003-12-26
Rated=TV-14
RunningTime=1800000
SeasonNumber=0
Title=The Office (UK) - S00E01 - Christmas Special, Part 1
UserRating=9
Writer=Ricky Gervais;Stephen Merchant;
Year=2003
x-Fanart-BackgroundUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/78107-2.jpg
x-Fanart-BannerUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/78107-g7.jpg
x-Fanart-PosterUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/78107-2.jpg
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=78107;;;;EPISODE_TITLE\=Christmas+Special+Part1
x-MetadataProviderId=tvdb
x-ser-Cast=0|Ricky Gervais|David Brent|null;0|Lucy Davis|Dawn Tinsley|null;0|Martin Freeman|Tim Canterbury|null;0|Mackenzie Crook|Gareth Keenan|null;0|Ralph Ineson|Chris 'Finchy' Finch|null;0|Stacey Roca|Rachel|null;0|Ewen Macintosh|Keith|null;0|Patrick Baladi|Neil Godwin|null;0|Alexander Perkins|Ralph|null;0|Jamie Deeks|Jamie|null;0|Joel Beckett|Lee|null;0|Julie Fernandez|Brenda|null;0|Kiki Kendrick||null;0|Oliver Chris|Ricky Howard|null;0|Rachel Isaac|Trudy|null;0|Sally Bretton|Donna|null;0|Stirling Gallacher|Jennifer Taylor-Clark|null;1|Ricky Gervais|Writer|null;1|Stephen Merchant|Writer|null;2|Ricky Gervais|Director|null;2|Stephen Merchant|Director|null
x-ser-Description=It's been three years since the BBC documentary crew first arrived at the office. Back for one last visit, they find Gareth Keenan now in charge and is running the office with a military precision. Since we last saw David Brent he has become a sales rep for a cleaning products company, released his own pop single and has acquired an agent to look after his celebrity appearances. He visits his old workplace regularly, despite him successfully suing Wernham Hogg for unfair dismissal. The big news for Tim is the imminent arrival of Dawn. The documentary crew has kindly offered to fly Dawn and boyfriend Lee from Florida back to Slough for the office Christmas party.
x-ser-Genres=Comedy

MediaTitle=The Office (UK)

MediaType=TV

OriginalAirDate=2003-12-26

EpisodeTitle=Christmas Special, Part 1

EpisodeNumber=1

SeasonNumber=0

UserRating=9.0
Those 7 lines at the end are duplicated and double spaced.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Nick, the extra properties are there because i'm using the SetmediafileMetadata() api call. That's how sage updates the properties. It's harmless.

As for the Part2 getting picked up at Part1.... that's probably a flaw in the title detection code... i'll try to take a look at it and see.... it's proably tha the scores for part2 and part1 are the same... so it just picks the first one....
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Nick, the extra properties are there because i'm using the SetmediafileMetadata() api call. That's how sage updates the properties. It's harmless.

As for the Part2 getting picked up at Part1.... that's probably a flaw in the title detection code... i'll try to take a look at it and see.... it's proably tha the scores for part2 and part1 are the same... so it just picks the first one....
OK, that's great Sean. I'll just leave them out until you have chance to take a look.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed that from time to time the phoenix properties end up in the sage.properties and sageclient.properties at the top of the list with a slash in front, is this normal?

#Sage Preferences
#Fri May 08 09:50:36 EDT 2009
/phoenix/imageutil/cacheDir=cache/images/scaled
ConfigWiz/Enable=true
ConfigWiz/MCFullyConfigured=true
ConfigWiz/Remote=XUSBUIRT............

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

yeah... phoenix properites will end up in the sage.properties or the sageclient.properties. Phoenix ultimately relies on the SageTV configuration apis for setting/getting properties. BUT, bmt uses it's own properties configuration engine, so it's properties go to the metadata.properties file. In some future release of bmt, it will use the phoenix configuratino apis, which will mean the metadata.properties may go away and it will store it's properties in the sage.properties or sageclient.properties as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sean,
I'm running the latest BMT and SageMC, not the sage beta. I'm gonna wait for that to be RC before i go there. For some reason banners aren't downloaded when a manual search from within Sage happens.

At first I thought it was becasue i already had a folder with fanart for that show, so i deleted it, restarted sage then did a manual search and it still only downloaded the backgrounds and posters. Is there a setting i'm missing by chance?

Also, once I go to the Beta of Sage to get the metadata updated into the recordings, will that pull in season and eipsode info to populate the Group Recording Screen by Ben?

Regards,
Brian
Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not quite sure if you problems are caused because you are not running the sagetv beta or not. There are api calls in the sagetv beta that the bmt plugin relies on. Also, banners are only downloaded for TV shows.

But, yes, when you run the latest sagetv release, it will populate the season and episode fields, which may be used by ben's plugin. I dont' use GRS myself, so I can't say for sure.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Sage User

BMT Does not create folder

I installed the BMT (great tool!) and scanned all my files.
However for few movies no folder was created in the FanArt directory thus no picture is being presented.

For the file "The.Lord.Of.The.Rings - The.Return.Of.The.King.ExtEd.1080p.x246"
located in "The Lord Of The Rings (Extended Edition)" ->
"The Return of the King ExtEd" no folder was created.

The strange thing is, that to both movies "The Fellowship Of The Ring ExtEd"
and "The Two Towers ExtEd" witch are similar everything works ok.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage User

FanArt Showing Up Locally but Central Location is Specified

I have set a central fanart location in the BMT options screen; however, it is downloading and saving fanart locally for some reason...

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by superdodge; 05-09-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

@BigDragon - If bmt can't get a "good" hit on a search result, then it won't create the fanart and download the metadata. That's probably what is happening in your case, but I can't say why. Is this running from the command line? if so try to scane the file and use --auto=false, that will prompt you to make a selection

@superdodge - Are you running bmt from the command line, if so, you need to specify your fanart folder using --fanartFolder.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
@superdodge - Are you running bmt from the command line, if so, you need to specify your fanart folder using --fanartFolder.
I am running it as a plugin. I have set my fanart location in My Menu/Settings/SageMC/Extras/Batch Metadata Tools Options/Fanart Central Folder

I assumed that setting the central location here would be all that was needed when running as a plugin...is that correct?

And thanks so much for the quick response and the help!

--------------

Followup:

I restarted the computer and now fanart has also been downloaded in the central fanart folder.

I am confused as to how this SHOULD work. I installed two seasons worth of episodes for Chuck today...

In my central fanart TV folder I now have a folder named Chuck and the subfolders of that are Backgrounds, Banners, Posters and Season 1.

Why is there a folder called Season 1?

Last edited by superdodge; 05-09-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any way for BMT to get the hi-res cover art instead of the smaller 200x300 ones?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

BMT forces a resize on the poster images to 200px wide. You can change this in the metadata.properties. Setting -1 disables scaling, or you can side whatever width you want. 200 was choosen because it gave a good balance between performance on the extenders and visual quality.

Code:
# Description: Resize poster to scale using the specified max width
#        Type: int
/metadata/posterImageWidth=200
The complete list of properties are documented here.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
BMT forces a resize on the poster images to 200px wide. You can change this in the metadata.properties. Setting -1 disables scaling, or you can side whatever width you want. 200 was choosen because it gave a good balance between performance on the extenders and visual quality.

Code:
# Description: Resize poster to scale using the specified max width
#        Type: int
/metadata/posterImageWidth=200
The complete list of properties are documented here.
FWIW SageMC will scale the images to 200 for display so unless your doing something outside of the interface you're not really changing the end result.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Manual download

So, I can't get the BMI to automatically download the fan art for The Daily Show because my guide lists it as "The Daily Show With John Stewart" and thetvdb lists it as "The Daily Show".

In order to work around this issue, I tried manually creating the folders and placing all of the fan art into the proper places (banners, etc). This doesn't seem to have worked, is there a step that I am missing?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Forget it

Ok, ignore my post above, looks like I spelt the name wrong...nothing to see here...move along...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Sage User

Quote:
@BigDragon - If bmt can't get a "good" hit on a search result, then it won't create the fanart and download the metadata. That's probably what is happening in your case, but I can't say why. Is this running from the command line? if so try to scane the file and use --auto=false, that will prompt you to make a selection
It does not run from command line
It is strange, because there is a lot of information on the movie "The return of the king" in IMDB.

How can I add the Fanart manually?