SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you are seeing fanart showing up in the recordings dir, then the most likely cause is that the command line tool does not know about the central fanart folder.
I'm at work, so I don't have the exact version with me, but I believe it's whatever was the newest beta as of last weekend.

When I run the command line I get a folder.jpg in the recording directory, as well as full fanart in the central fanart directory. I'll try the newest version from 4/27/09 when I have a chance and let you know if it still does it.

Matt
Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I'm at work, so I don't have the exact version with me, but I believe it's whatever was the newest beta as of last weekend.

When I run the command line I get a folder.jpg in the recording directory, as well as full fanart in the central fanart directory. I'll try the newest version from 4/27/09 when I have a chance and let you know if it still does it.

Matt
I would make sure that the folder.jpg isn't a residual file from a previous build/run. In the current builds (2.1+), folder.jpg should not be created unless the fanart folder is not specified, OR, if you have enableDefaultSTVCompatibiliy turned on (off by default)
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I would make sure that the folder.jpg isn't a residual file from a previous build/run. In the current builds (2.1+), folder.jpg should not be created unless the fanart folder is not specified, OR, if you have enableDefaultSTVCompatibiliy turned on (off by default)
Yeah, I'll double check everything, but I believe I noticed this on a new DVD that I had just ripped (so no older stuff around.)

I believe that it's the Release 2.2 that I was using. I've not tinkered with the properties, and certainly not anything for the default STV.

Again, I'll check tonight if I can to ensure that I'm not just blowing smoke here.

Matt
Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I reloaded the STVi for the default STV and now it is working properly. I must have borked it up somehow the last time

I can select a show and have it manually find and download the fanart, but how do I tell it to search for all the fanart for the existing (recorded) shows?

I have enabled the automatic download option and have stopped/restarted Sage. I also tried rescanning.

Thanks,

Tom

Edit: I think "reindex" is what I am looking for. Correct?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 04-30-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So here is what I got tonight:
Code:
[C:\metadatatool]dir "\\Naslite-2\Disk-2\Videos\Song of the South"

Directory of  \\Naslite-2\Disk-2\Videos\Song of the South\*

4/29/2009  19:38         <DIR>    .
 4/29/2009  19:38         <DIR>    ..
 4/29/2009  19:38         <DIR>    AUDIO_TS
 4/29/2009  19:40         <DIR>    VIDEO_TS
              0 bytes in 0 files and 4 dirs
 53,787,754,496 bytes free

[C:\metadatatool]java -jar metadatatool.jar "\\Naslite-2\Disk-2\Videos\Song of t
he South"
Batch MetaData Tools (2.1-beta2)
Updated: Song of the South; file:////Naslite-2/Disk-2/Videos/Song%20of%20the%20S
outh/

MetaData Stats...
Auto Updated: 1; Auto Skipped: 0; Manual Updated:0; Manual Skipped: 0;

[C:\metadatatool]dir "\\Naslite-2\Disk-2\Videos\Song of the South"

Directory of  \\Naslite-2\Disk-2\Videos\Song of the South\*

4/29/2009  19:42         <DIR>    .
 4/29/2009  19:42         <DIR>    ..
 4/29/2009  19:38         <DIR>    AUDIO_TS
 4/29/2009  19:40         <DIR>    VIDEO_TS
 4/29/2009  19:42          16,423  folder.jpg
         16,423 bytes in 1 file and 4 dirs
 53,175,386,112 bytes free

[C:\metadatatool]
It correctly created and downloaded fanart to my central fanart folder.

I try the newest version now and see if it creates the folder.jpg too.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You'll need to be using at least Sage 6.5.13 and have the custom metadata fields added to the server's sage.properties.

As for the fanart, you'll need to set your fanart location using SageMC and specify it from the command line (or put it in the metadata.properties). If you are seeing fanart showing up in the recordings dir, then the most likely cause is that the command line tool does not know about the central fanart folder.

if you re-run the tool, you may way to clean out all the jpgs/properties files and re-run with the central fanart location set using --fanartFolder or set the folder location in the metadata properties.... (use --showProperties and search for fanart to find th property)
I'm already running 6.5.13 and I figured out the fanart stuff on the command-line just before reading your reply. (I already have it working in the GUI.) I thought I already had the settings in the server's sage.properties file, but I'll double-check. Thanks.

edit: I do have custom_metadata defined in my sage.properties file. Do I need to do something else to enable the reading of those fields? One other thought is that I'm doing this for files I recorded in Sage. Is the problem maybe that it's not updating the metadata?

Last edited by toricred; 04-29-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I try the newest version now and see if it creates the folder.jpg too.
Newest version doesn't create the folder.jpg. So I'm all set now.

thanks!
Matt
Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I still can't get the plugin to automatically download the fanart. The manual download works great but after several attempts (and restarts) no fanart is automatically being downloaded. Suggestions?

Also, is there someplace in this thread where all of the properties that are recognized in the metadata.properties file are listed? I've searched....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

I still can't get the plugin to automatically download the fanart. The manual download works great but after several attempts (and restarts) no fanart is automatically being downloaded. Suggestions?

Also, is there someplace in this thread where all of the properties that are recognized in the metadata.properties file are listed? I've searched....
The automatic plugin will only automatically download metadata for media files as they are added to the library and sage scans for new media. Or, if you set the refresh/rescan flag in the sage properties and rescan your collection, then the automatic updater will work then as well. If you have a scheduled recording and new recording is created, I'm unsure if the metadata plugin gets called on those files. Also, the automatic plugin requires that it get a "good" match on a media/tv file. If it can't determine that the search result is a good match, then it will be skipped. When files are skipped, they are logged in either the sagetv_0.txt log file or the mailcheck.log (depending on how log4j is configured)

Perhaps you can pm me with your mailcheck.log and sagetv_0.txt log after you have done an automatic scan.

My process for invoking the automatic plugin is simply to copy a movie/show to the video library, and then either wait for sage to do it's timed scan, or I force a scan for new media by using the metadata tool --refreshSageTV or I use nielm's webserver and the rescan/refresh link.

EDIT: the complete list of Sage properties can found by looking at a .properties file. In there, anything that doesn not start x- is a Sage property.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm already running 6.5.13 and I figured out the fanart stuff on the command-line just before reading your reply. (I already have it working in the GUI.) I thought I already had the settings in the server's sage.properties file, but I'll double-check. Thanks.

edit: I do have custom_metadata defined in my sage.properties file. Do I need to do something else to enable the reading of those fields? One other thought is that I'm doing this for files I recorded in Sage. Is the problem maybe that it's not updating the metadata?
Using the latest bmt (2.3.1) and Sage 6.5.14, I would do a manual scan on a Sage Recording, and see if it works. NOTE: 6.5.14 is required. If not, then check the .properties for that file and see if SeasonNumber and EpisodeNumber are in there.

And if all else fails, then send me your log file (mailcheck.log).
Old 04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI... if you are going to send me log files (i don't mind), then be sure you have configured the logging as per this post.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

The Season and Episode information are both in the .properties file. I am using 6.5.14. I guess the problem can't be BMT because it is doing its job and getting the information. I'm not sure where else to look, but I guess I'd have to check with the author of the Group Recording Screen as to why it's not showing there. Any other ideas where to look to see if Sage knows about it?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I'll setup the logging and see what that shows. I'll also try rescanning the Sage library again.

Quote:
If you have a scheduled recording and new recording is created, I'm unsure if the metadata plugin gets called on those files.
That would be a bummer if it's not called as this is my main motivation for using the plugin. I'm thinking Tiki is going to update his Fanart STVi to use the phoenix APIs so using your plugin to automatically get the fanart for recorded TV shows would be ideal.

Quote:
EDIT: the complete list of Sage properties can found by looking at a .properties file. In there, anything that doesn not start x- is a Sage property.
My question about the properties file was regarding the metadata.properties file, not the sage.properties file. I've been using the command line version of your tool for a while and I was trying to see how I can pass some of the command line arguments to the plugin. Specifically, I want to tell the plugin to only get the fanart, not the .properties. Using the command line tool I just used the "--fanartOnly" argument but I do not see how to do this with the plugin.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My question about the properties file was regarding the metadata.properties file, not the sage.properties file. I've been using the command line version of your tool for a while and I was trying to see how I can pass some of the command line arguments to the plugin. Specifically, I want to tell the plugin to only get the fanart, not the .properties. Using the command line tool I just used the "--fanartOnly" argument but I do not see how to do this with the plugin.
the easiest way to create the files is by running --showProperties >> metadata.properties all the valid properties and their default values will get written to the file then tweak as needed.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The Season and Episode information are both in the .properties file. I am using 6.5.14. I guess the problem can't be BMT because it is doing its job and getting the information. I'm not sure where else to look, but I guess I'd have to check with the author of the Group Recording Screen as to why it's not showing there. Any other ideas where to look to see if Sage knows about it?
If you enable the logging, then send me log once you view the screen where you expect the Season and Episode information to show. I can tell if the metadata has been imported into sage or not. Or it may be something with the GRS.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That would be a bummer if it's not called as this is my main motivation for using the plugin. I'm thinking Tiki is going to update his Fanart STVi to use the phoenix APIs so using your plugin to automatically get the fanart for recorded TV shows would be ideal.
I'll have to do some tests to see if the plugin is call for Sage Recordings when they are first created.

Quote:
As babgvant noted, then --showProperties from the commandline will dump all properties along with a description.

--fanartOnly is not implmented for the plugin/ondemand functinality. I can look at adding an option for that if you want.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a problem with using the BMT to download my fanart from the command line. I spent a good 15 minutes messing with a few, such as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Jackass 2.5. As soon as I removed the periods in both the titles in SageTV, and in the folder name in my central fanart directory, the fanart would show up. I also noticed that it will always remove &'s from titles after using the BMT from the command line to download fanart. Meaning, you have to go into SageTV and manually add the ampersand to the title under the Edit Video Info dialog. I posted this in the AMIS thread, but jaminben said this was probably a core SageTV, or BMT bug.

Anyone else noticing this behavior?

-Tony
Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll do some testing.... I've added bug for it, for now, so that I don't forget about it.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean,

Sorry if I've missed this, but should the options still be there under SageMC>Extras?

Mine are no longer there, but the automatic fetching is still working great! Have you removed them, or is it me?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Sean,

Sorry if I've missed this, but should the options still be there under SageMC>Extras?

Mine are no longer there, but the automatic fetching is still working great! Have you removed them, or is it me?

TIA,

Nick.
I've not tried the latest version yet but did you re-import the tool, thats if you've just upgraded to the latest SageMC.