SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Great tool. I tired it with your imdb provider and it worked like a champ.

I then tried nielm_imdb provider to see what the detail differences are, unfortunately I ran into a problem. The tool finds the list properly with a bunch of "?" matches (like it is suppose to). When I select the number i want (like "00") the tools runs an IMDB query with "00" instead of using the first result.

(BTW, I will be a very happy man when I get this tool working. My win.biz file was recently corrupted. For some reason my back was also corrupted. So, I lost all the IMDB lookups I did by hand. There is no way I am going re-run those again...)
Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Works like a charm... thanks. I guess somehow I had the old jar in place with the new one and the tool used the old one. Perhaps one of the future versions could output the current version number to the .log file and us users could catch these things without bother you

Both issues I had found (touch of time stamp and DVDProfiler issue) are fixed. I will continue to test but so far so good.

Question: is there anyway to use the TitleMask to remove a portion of the title returned by DVD Profiler? I noticed the online url list appends 2 fields together to make up the title. For example - After the Sunset comes back as "After the Sunset: Widescreen New Line Platinum Series" which is the <Title> field and the <DistTrait> concatenated together. I can not find any options on the online view to change it to only show title. Don't worry too much about this as I can edit the title in the .properties file or wait till you get the XML DVD Profiler version done which has these fields seperately.

Thanks again for the great tool.
Ken
Old 07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Released 1.4

This release adds support for local dvd profiler xml and images.

It aslo fixed a bug when using the nielm_imdb provider. The bug was around the fact that I can't get director or writer information from this plugin, so the exporter was failing. I don't recommend using this plugin since it is missing some information (although it provides more information for things like actors). See the wiki for more information.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I still haven't tried this yet (hope to soon), but wondering if there was any chance this could be somehow integrated into the SageMC UI? So you could do some of these functions using the "10-foot interface"?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I still haven't tried this yet (hope to soon), but wondering if there was any chance this could be somehow integrated into the SageMC UI? So you could do some of these functions using the "10-foot interface"?
There is no reason that it can't be put into a UI. I didn't do it because I don't know the Sage STV well enough to do anything with it.

This tool is not tied to a command line, a command line simply drives the tool. It could be inserted into another UI by simply calling the engine with the parameters needed.

At the very minimum, a person would have to create a IMetadataUpdaterScreen implementation. The Screen is simply a way for the tool/engine to communicate information and get user input. If someone is looking at implementing this in the Sage UI, then feel free to contact me. I can help, I just can't do any STV work. I have no problems creating the necessary bridge code, which won't be much.

Personally, I'd like it implemented in the default STV, but I'd still help someone put it in SageMC if needed.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Personally, I'd like it implemented in the default STV, but I'd still help someone put it in SageMC if needed.
Forgot that your a default STV guy
Thanks for the info - hopefully we'll find someone with the skills to get it in both the stock STV and SageMC - its useful enough to be included in both.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I have tested the DVD Profiler Local provider and so far so good. I am running into some kind of issue when using this in combination with --offline where it seems to treat the last directory in the path as a movie title rather than as a directory, and therefore it doesn't find the real movies in the path. But I will do more testing later tonight to see if I can narrow down the issue.

I have attached the log for when this occurs (taking the --offline out solves this but of course only for files that exist)

Ken
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadataupdater.zip (971 Bytes, 349 views)
Old 07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have tested the DVD Profiler Local provider and so far so good. I am running into some kind of issue when using this in combination with --offline where it seems to treat the last directory in the path as a movie title rather than as a directory, and therefore it doesn't find the real movies in the path. But I will do more testing later tonight to see if I can narrow down the issue.
I'll explain a bit about how the --offline is implemented. When --offline is passed, it assumes that you are passing a single filename, and not a directory. The reason for this, is so that the tool will know what file to create when it doesn't exist. You can pass more than one filename, but never a directory to --offline.

I could potentially check if the --offline file being passed is a directory and if so, then either treat it like a normal directory, or throw an exception.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry about the misunderstanding... I thought about what I wrote after I sent it and then went out for awhile. Obviously the --offline flag shouldn't be used with a directory.

You mentioned passing in multiple files names... how does that work?

Also, I had another suggestion. I thought about your caching capability in conjunction with the --offline capability and the DVD Profiler functions and thought... why not have the ability to process an entire collection (--collection), similar to processing a full directory. This obviously wouldn't work with the IMDB provider (as the collection is massive), but it would be great for us DVD Profiler users to have the tool process the entire collection of movies in the collection.xml (or perhaps from the url) in an offline mode so it creates .jpg, .properties and .avi files for the entire offline movie collection. Now that would be a handy function.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Ken
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You mentioned passing in multiple files names... how does that work?
Basically the commanline simply passes all files/directories that are passed on the commandline to the engine. So, if you have 2 offline movies, you could use...
Code:
# java MetadataTool --offline "moviedir/batman returns.avi" moviedir/alien.avi
So, if you were on linux, you could make your entire collection offline by
Code:
# java MetadataTool --offline `cat Collection.xml | grep "<Title>" | egrep -v "<Title>True|False</Title>" | sed "s/<Title>/MyMovieDir\//g" | sed "s/<\/Title>/.avi/g"`

The same is true for regular directory processing. If you have 2 movie locations, moviesa/ and moviesb/, then you can process both dirs by

Code:
# java MetadataTool moviesa/ moviesb/
Old 07-26-2008, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow... now I just need to figure if there is a Windows equivelent to that linux command line to process my xml... I'll do some research.

Thanks
Ken
Old 07-27-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Research pays off....

I found a plugin for DVD Profiler that lets you run a batch file for each movie in the database. I created a batch file that basically creates an empty .avi file per title from the database. I then had the batch file call the metadatatool on that directory which then built the .properties and copied the .jpg. This makes rebuilding my offline library a breeze
Old 07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Sage User

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this wonderful add on. It saved me a bunch of time.

I have always thought no batch processing on IMDB lookups was major omission. Now it is here...

(I also love that I can re-run it over a processed directory and it will only lookup things that it has not already processed. Plus having the property file makes it easier to move things around when I get a new drive. I am very happy. )
Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Maybe there will be a way to integrate

http://nicecovers.com/

some nicecovers into this project?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Sage User

I need to read the first time around.

I ran the tool, it worked. But created about 150 new Genres!

OMG...

screams...

Action/comdey/thirllers

I just want normal one's like action, comdey, horror
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I ran the tool, it worked. But created about 150 new Genres!
create a local metadatupdater.properties in the root of the metatdata updater tool dir, and put in this line

Code:
# Set to true|false to enable/disable single or multiple genre entries per line
org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageVideoMetaData.singleGenreField=true
You can then re-run the tool with --force. It will rebuild all properties. If you run this within 24hrs of your last run, it will also run using cached results, so it should be faily quick even on a several hundred movies.

I'll make a note so change this so that the default is true, until sage provides support for multiple genres.

I also made a note to include additional covers support. The biggest problem that I see, is that I intended this tool to be mostly automated and command line driven, so prompting for imdb search results, then cover results (which you wouldn't see) could be a bit tedious.

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks (starting friday), but when I get back i'll look into some ideas on how to implement different cover providers, in case someone wants to put this into a Sage ui.

And yeah.... always good to read the documentation before you run the tool You can check out the full documentation here http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...tadataImporter

You may want to pay close attention to the properties section. It will contain some brief description about what each property does.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Sage User

Great I'll have to try that tonight, yah I was a bit freaked when I saw like 150 different Genre's

My wife made a scream to, it worked almost a little to good there for a moment.

I understand the need for the tool to be automated, but the cover images we currently pull down from IMDB is very limited.

There also is:

http://www.impawards.com/
http://movie-xml.com/
http://nicecovers.com/

Has the best resources, cause with a HD TV having 2-bit posters rather sucks :P
Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

i just hope that sage will remove the unused genres after the scan... if not, then that would really suck.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Sage User

Crap..

I hope so to
Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Sage User

No luck sage kept everything