SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I tried to rescan my entire library, and I got a boatload of errors. It seems to be rescanning properly, but it fails on the 5th or 6th movie, and then on every movie after it. I tried moving the failing movie to the end (by prepending a "z"), but it still craps out.

Any thoughts? Thanks...
There is a bug in the cache. If you remove the cache directory, the problem should go away... i'll try to do a minor release tomorrow with a couple of small fixes.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There is a bug in the cache. If you remove the cache directory, the problem should go away... i'll try to do a minor release tomorrow with a couple of small fixes.
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi Sean,

BMT Operation: Plugin (Release 2.1)
File Name: X-Men 2 (AKA X2);Robocop;Tarzan (just a few that I've tried)
File Type: AVI, MKV, DVD
Client OS: Windows Vista Business
Server OS: Windows Home Server
Fanart Storage: UNC paths \\Server\Fanart\
SageTV: 6.5.13
SageMC: v6.3.9a_7
Java: 6 update 12

I'm having trouble getting the metadata to download/display when refreshing via the plugin metadata/fanart tool. Adding a file automatically works great and adds metadata/fanart. Running a forcefull re-index works great and gets most of my collection but not as much as previous builds. I see their is a bug with the cache so I guess thats why it didn't work as well as before, but that not a problem ;-)

So now I'm left with a few files that have no metadata and whenever I try to update this metadata using your SageMC UI tool it grabs images Ok but no metadata.

I've tested with:

/metadataUpdater/automaticUpdate=ture
/metadataUpdater/automaticUpdate=false
/metadataUpdater/overwrite=true

Also,

/metadata/enableDefaultSTVPosterCompatibility=false

Still places a poster image in the movie folder while automaticUpdate=false and I use the tool manually via SageMC.

SageMC > Settings > Extras > Batch MetaData Tools Options > Automatic Metadata/Fanart disable/enable seems to have no effect on the metadata. properties file.

I have a very small video file which is my tester file that I rename to different movies, move into the movie folder & rescan media files.

I'm pretty sure its something that I'm doing wrong as you and someone else who posted above gets these to work, I just can't figure out what. Its strange that it will get everything using the auto update but wont when manually hitting the fanart/metadata button.

Anyway, I'll keep trying and look forward to any ideas that you might have about how to get this to work. If you need any logs just ask and I'll enable them again.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 04-06-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Updated details
Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this a sagemc setting? or the enable metadata plugin setting that I added to sagemc and the default stv?

The metadata plugin should not prevent movies from showing up in the media center. When new movies are added, sage have to be told to "rescan" and then they get picked up, and after Sage imports the video, it calls my plugin to fetch the coverart or other missing metadata.

sorry using latest version of mc and the plugin. Once I enable the plugin it stops movies from showing up (new ones) if i disable the plugin and rescan again they show up. It is somehow preventing new movies from showing up when rescanned. The interesting thing is I am able to reproduce this on 2 computers but one 1 it works as should.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are you using the latest beta of sage that supports GetMediaFileMetadata()? And have you added the extra metadata fields for MediaTitle, MediaType, etc? Phoenix uses the MediaTitle field,if set, and then falls back to the DisplayTitle if MediaTitle does not exist.

I think the only fix for this right now would be to use the latest beta and ensure that you have the extra metadata fields configured, or disable title rewriting.

I'll look to see if there something I can do in the phoenix library to help with this as well.
Installing the latest beta enabled the fanart without renaming the folders.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
Installing the latest beta enabled the fanart without renaming the folders.
I'm not sure what that means If it's not working, then I guess, for now, I would turn off the title rewriting. Feel free to send me your log files as well... I'll happily sort through them and try to figure it out.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release 2.1-1 (minor update)

Download | Issues

I decided to push this out for 2 reasons...
1. The cache bug was annoying, if you experienced it.
2. I'm going to be taking it easy for a few days as I spend some time rebuilding my Sage Server.

So the bug list is.....
64 Problem with scoring titles with ', like "She's The One" BMT
67 URL Cache bug
Old 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Hey All,

This looks like a great plug in and will probably help move me away from XBMC (I need my auto meta data updates). However, I'm curious as to where I should be installing it.

I have a WHS running sage server and I have a PC running the Sage Client with SageMC installed. Should this go on the server or the client?

Ideally, I'd like the meta data and fan art to be available to any future clients so I was thinking the server but I might be misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

Comitizer
Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
onlydarksets, is the movie title, "When Harry Met Sally..." with the 3 dots? If so then that will do it.... I don't think we remove a "." as invalid character, but maybe we should... or at least remove any dots at either the beginning or ending of a title.

I'll record a bug for this.
I misread the error - the name of the movie folder is "When Harry Met Sally", but tmdb has it as "When Harry Met Sally..." (with the ellipses). So, dropping any "." at the end should do the trick.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Hey All,

This looks like a great plug in and will probably help move me away from XBMC (I need my auto meta data updates). However, I'm curious as to where I should be installing it.

I have a WHS running sage server and I have a PC running the Sage Client with SageMC installed. Should this go on the server or the client?

Ideally, I'd like the meta data and fan art to be available to any future clients so I was thinking the server but I might be misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

Comitizer
If you want to use the automatic metadata updater, then you'll need to run this on the server, since that where the plugin gets triggerred when new media is added to the library.

The central fanart directory is usually specified as a UNC so that both the server and client can reference the same location (not sure if that was your question or not)
Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I misread the error - the name of the movie folder is "When Harry Met Sally", but tmdb has it as "When Harry Met Sally..." (with the ellipses). So, dropping any "." at the end should do the trick.
When I initially ran a test for this movie, I couldn't reproduce the problem, both my title and my folder had the ..., which seemed to work fine. So, I held off on the bug for a bit, but I will take another stab at it.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

At what point will fanart be downloaded for movies? I'm getting .properties for my movies just fine, but its not "auto" downloading fanart. It will DL manually... I have everything enabled (I think?).

It is suppose to download fanart, right?
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30 View Post
At what point will fanart be downloaded for movies? I'm getting .properties for my movies just fine, but its not "auto" downloading fanart. It will DL manually... I have everything enabled (I think?).

It is suppose to download fanart, right?
Fanart is downloaded at the some the properties are created. you may want to post your log file so that I can take a look. I can't think of a reason that fanart would NOT be downloaded, except if it couldn't actually write to your fanart location. (that would be in the log)
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you want to use the automatic metadata updater, then you'll need to run this on the server, since that where the plugin gets triggerred when new media is added to the library.

The central fanart directory is usually specified as a UNC so that both the server and client can reference the same location (not sure if that was your question or not)
That answers all of my (current) questions. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to get this to pull metadata & covers from DVD Profiler if they exist there, and fall back on the other searchers (imdb, themoviedb, etc) if it doesn't exist in my DVD Profiler .xml file, but pull the background fanart from themoviedb/tvdb?

Basically I'm wanting it to search my local dvd profiler first, if the movies there, grab the metadata and cover art, then go to themoviedb for backgrounds. If the movie's not in my dvd profiler list, fall back to imdb (and go down the standard list one at a time until it finds it), pull the cover from where ever if finds it, and the backgrounds from themoviedb if they are there (or TVdb if it happens to be TV), same for banners.

I also tried the example composite provider listed in the latest release, but it appears to crash whenever I try to use the profile (I'll get the error as soon as it's done processing another folder).

Last edited by heffe2001; 04-08-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Is there a way to get this to pull metadata & covers from DVD Profiler if they exist there, and fall back on the other searchers (imdb, themoviedb, etc) if it doesn't exist in my DVD Profiler .xml file, but pull the background fanart from themoviedb/tvdb?

Basically I'm wanting it to search my local dvd profiler first, if the movies there, grab the metadata and cover art, then go to themoviedb for backgrounds. If the movie's not in my dvd profiler list, fall back to imdb (and go down the standard list one at a time until it finds it), pull the cover from where ever if finds it, and the backgrounds from themoviedb if they are there (or TVdb if it happens to be TV), same for banners.

I also tried the example composite provider listed in the latest release, but it appears to crash whenever I try to use the profile (I'll get the error as soon as it's done processing another folder).
I think what you are looking for, was added in 2.1, as issue #43.

I even gave an example of a configuration that would use dvdprofiler for metadata and then use themoviedb for fanart.

This is the configuration as pulled from the issue (need to go in your metadata.properties, restart required)
Code:
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/name=DVD Profiler + TheMovieDB
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=DVD Profiler, but get fanart and missing details from TheMovieDB
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/iconUrl=
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/detailProviderId=themoviedb.org
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/compositeMode=1
Just make this the first provider in your list, and then if this fails, it will still use other other providers.

Last edited by stuckless; 04-08-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

I tried adding that Composite search, and then calling it manually (with a --provider=dvdprof2), and it bombed out (I just tried it again, and it worked that time). Will it still pull the CD covers from the dvdprofiler local storage, or is it going to pull that from themoviedb.org (I guess it wouldn't matter either way, but I prefer the higher-resolution ones that are local).

I'm also getting this fairly frequently (when I'm trying to pull fanart manually that is): [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
I'm going to try clearing the cache folder, and see if that helps any.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

are you running the 2.1.1 release... i fixed a minor bug in that release for the "premature end of file"....

also delete your cache directory.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

I'm runing the latest 2.1-1, but whenever I try to pull down fanart only with that provider in the defaults list, I get the following in my log:

Code:
2009-04-08 14:41:12,786 ERROR [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory (MediaMetadataFactory.java:47) - Failed to register new Metadata Provider: org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb/DbFailureException
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.<init>(MediaMetadataFactory.java:44)
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.getInstance(MediaMetadataFactory.java:28)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.initConfiguration(MetadataUpdater.java:374)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:83)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.DbFailureException
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	... 6 more
2009-04-08 14:41:32,146 ERROR [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory (MediaMetadataFactory.java:47) - Failed to register new Metadata Provider: org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.nielm.NielmIMDBMetaDataProvider
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sageimdb/DbFailureException
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.<init>(MediaMetadataFactory.java:44)
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory.getInstance(MediaMetadataFactory.java:28)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.initConfiguration(MetadataUpdater.java:374)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:83)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.DbFailureException
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	... 6 more
I'm using this as the command line:

Code:
java -Xmx512m -jar MetadataTool.jar --forceThumbnail --recurse --fanartOnly --overwriteFanart --provider=dvdprof2 m:\drama
And I also get a screen-full of this:

Code:
ch(CompositeMetadataProvider.java:90)
        at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.composite.CompositeMetadataProvider.sear
I've cleared my cache, and if I use the non-composite provider for themoviedb.org, it pulls the fanart..
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

ok.... i'll try to take a look at it tonight.