SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Here's a screen shot, shows where the Labels are set. If you click on an empty box, it will popup a list of available labels....
You have developer access which we don't. When we submit a "defect from user", none of those fields show up (owner, status, labels). We only get a comments box.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

well that explains it.... then don't worry about assigning them to bmt i'll do it
Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless,

I really like version 2.0, but I have noticed a couple of things that have changed since the previous version:

1. the force command no longer existing. The overwrite command works similarly but will overwrite fanart as well as the metadata. The force command just overwrote the metadata.

2. The "/metadataUpdater/posterImageWidth" setting no longer exists. This was very useful to me because it limitted the file size of the posters making it take less time to browse on my extender.

3. The "/sageMetadata/rewriteTitle" setting still exists but no longer seems to have an effect on the renaming of the files when set to true.

Thanks for all the time you have put into this. I am looking forward to future updates.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
Stuckless,

I really like version 2.0, but I have noticed a couple of things that have changed since the previous version:

1. the force command no longer existing. The overwrite command works similarly but will overwrite fanart as well as the metadata. The force command just overwrote the metadata.
Because fanart was totally rewritten, some command line args were removed. I'll look at adding 2 extra overwrite args; --overwriteMetadata --overwriteFanart, and --overwrite will simply be a convenience method that set both of those to true.

Quote:
2. The "/metadataUpdater/posterImageWidth" setting no longer exists. This was very useful to me because it limitted the file size of the posters making it take less time to browse on my extender.
Same excuse as above, but i'll look add adding some sizing properties for posters and backgrounds.
[/quote]

Quote:
3. The "/sageMetadata/rewriteTitle" setting still exists but no longer seems to have an effect on the renaming of the files when set to true.
This was unintentional, i'll look into this as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Sage Icon

question regarding the plugin, is there a way to exclude an import folder or folders from being metadata searched by the plugin?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
question regarding the plugin, is there a way to exclude an import folder or folders from being metadata searched by the plugin?
I currently allow for this in the commandline tool, but the plugin works on a per file model, so the existing directory filter is applied at a directory and not at file level, but I'll add an ehancement/bug fix for it.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi.. Trying to import all my DVDs but I'm having a problem with "Batman Begins". BMT is finding "Batman Begins 2" and downloading all the fanart to "The Dark Knight" folder. For some reason its picking that instead of "Batman Begins". Then in Sage, no fanart is displayed for "Batman Begins". Here's an excerpt from the log when run from the command line:

Code:
1312 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - Looking for MetadataID for title: batman begins
 1312 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.configuration.ConfigurationManager - No MetadataID configured for title: batman begins
 1312 INFO  [main] org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor - Automatically Selecting Search Result: The Dark Knight (aka Batman Begins 2) ; Score: 1.0
Any thoughts? Thanks for your work on this.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

There appears to be a bug in the scoring system, since it assigns "batman begins 2" a score of 1.0 for "batman begins". I'll look into that. In the meantime, you can try,
Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar --auto=false --prompt YOUR_DVD_DIR
That will prompt you to select a match.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I got the app working but I can get it to run on any exisitng movies I have to run each manually?

I tried set force full index to true?

using sagemc
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I assume you are using the plugin and not the command line. I noticed an issue in the plugin where I was not refetching fanart/metadata if an existing property file existed for a movie. In the next release, it will always fetch new metadata/fanart.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I must be doing somethong wrong...
There are 4 mkv's in f:\temp. none of them is found by 2.0
ver 1.22 does find them. this is what i get:

Code:
P:\Install\SageTV\metadata-updater-2.0>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --fanartFolder="E:\Fanart" F:\TEMP
Batch MetaData Tools (2.0)
Updated: Temp ; file:/F:/TEMP/

MetaData Stats...
Auto Updated: 1; Auto Skipped: 0; Manual Updated:0; Manual Skipped: 0;

P:\Install\SageTV\metadata-updater-2.0>
Eventhough it says autoupdated 1, it does not do even that.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

from the looks of it... it thinks that Temp is the movie.... could you do a dir in f:\temp\ and send the output...., also, try the --recurse option to see if it's a bug in how the folder processing is working.

if --recurse doesn't fix the issue, then also check to see if you have any .vob files or a VIDEO_TS folder in the temp dir... if you do, then bmt will think the TEMP folder is actually a DVD folder.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Wierdest thing. It is downloading all the metadata and poster fine but is not downloading the fanart unless I manually do it?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Wierdest thing. It is downloading all the metadata and poster fine but is not downloading the fanart unless I manually do it?
Couple of questions....
Plugin or Commandline? And filenames, if you could? Thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
try adding

Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder=\\\\servername\\fanart
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartEnabled=true
to the sage.properties file
Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, have you run into any out of memory issues? I get that after a few movies if I run the command line app on a directory. Of course my DVD Profiler XML is >8MB.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Sean, have you run into any out of memory issues? I get that after a few movies if I run the command line app on a directory. Of course my DVD Profiler XML is >8MB.
I haven't personally, but I do recall someone else mentioning an issue with dvd profiler. I suspect it's because I took a lazy approach to parsing the xml (dom parser) which loads the entire document into memory. I've been meaning to address that, but it's a fairly big chore to rewrite it using sax. I'll add an enhancement request though to issues list... that way I won't forget about, like I did before

For now, you can try increasing your java memory settings by using -Xmx512M
Code:
# java -Xmx512M -jar MetadataTools.jar
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, well if you're using my code, that would explain why we both have the same problem I've got a start on a SAX parser floating around somewhere....
Old 04-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage Icon

I'm trying to run this with the plugin for Tru Calling. When I select the Metadata/Fanart button it returns with just a close button. I checked on thetvdb.com and there actually is fanart. Any suggestions?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Ah, well if you're using my code, that would explain why we both have the same problem I've got a start on a SAX parser floating around somewhere....
I currently parse the xml and build up a lucene index... i only store the title and dom element id in the index. I'm thinking that maybe the best approach is to parse and store all the data into a database (embedded). I could also use the same approach for mymovies as well (if I ever do that)