SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Will BMT plugin ever support recorded shows (at least the fanart) in an automatic way? I can get it to download the fanart with the manual process, but that's kind of a pain.
Ditto.... +1 here as well. I don't understand why it would be disabled to not work for recorded TV (which should inherently have good metadata pulled from the EPG) vs. working only for imported media. Any chance that can be added to the next release too? I think the goal of this plugin should be to grab fanart for all video media, regardless of where/how it's stored in Sage. Great work on the plugin so far.... looking forward to the next rev!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Sorry I should learn to read It's getting late... your problem is that the property needs to be set using an =
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --fanartFolder="g:\media\Fanart" g:\Media\Movies
Riiiight...my inability to follow directions was definitely your fault

Thanks - "problem" solved!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Interesting non-fatal error: I forgot I had "archived" a background.jpg in a subfolder of a DVD. I got the following error:
Quote:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: f:\media\Fanart\Movies\When Harry Met Sally...\Backgrounds\harry_sally.jpg (The system ca
nnot find the path specified)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.spi.FileImageOutputStreamSpi.createOutputStreamInstance(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageOutputStream(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(Unknown Source)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataUtils.writeImageFromUrl(MediaMetadataUtils.java:37)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.downloadAndSaveFanart(FanartStorage.java:99)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.saveCentralFanart(FanartStorage.java:129)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.saveFanart(FanartStorage.java:33)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.downloadFanart(FanartStorage.java:159)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVWithCentralFanartFolderPersistence.save(SageTVWithCentralFanartFolder
Persistence.java:309)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVWithCentralFanartFolderPersistence.storeMetaData(SageTVWithCentralFan
artFolderPersistence.java:204)
at org.jdna.media.impl.AbstractMediaResource.updateMetadata(AbstractMediaResource.java:164)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.fetchMetaData(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:108)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.fetchMetaData(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:59)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.visit(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:44)
at org.jdna.media.util.MissingMetadataVisitor.visit(MissingMetadataVisitor.java:46)
at org.jdna.media.impl.AbstractMediaResource.accept(AbstractMediaResource.java:124)
at org.jdna.media.impl.MediaFolder.accept(MediaFolder.java:174)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.process(MetadataUpdater.java:301)
at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:101)
It continued processing fine, though. Just thought you might want to know.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Ditto.... +1 here as well. I don't understand why it would be disabled to not work for recorded TV (which should inherently have good metadata pulled from the EPG) vs. working only for imported media. Any chance that can be added to the next release too? I think the goal of this plugin should be to grab fanart for all video media, regardless of where/how it's stored in Sage. Great work on the plugin so far.... looking forward to the next rev!
It's not that it's disabled, it's the bmt plugin expects that you are importing "new" content, so when it sees a TV file, like SomeCamelCaseName-AIRINGID.mpg, then it still does the same searches, just it doesn't find any results. TV support in the plugin will happen, if it's possible... but perhaps not in the next revision. Keep in mind that BMT was written as a command line plugin that knows nothing about sage.... now it's being integrated into the sage system, but there are still some kinks to work out. It will get there

Last edited by stuckless; 03-31-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It's not that it's disabled, it's the bmt plugin expects that you are importing "new" content, so when it sees a TV file, like SomeCamelCaseName-AIRINGID.mpg, then it still does the same searches, just it doesn't find any results. TV support in the plugin will happen, if it's possible... but perhaps not in the next revision. Keep in mind that BMT was written as a command line plugin that knows nothing about sage.... now it's being integrated into the sage system, but there are still some kinks to work out. It will get there
Makes total sense... was just giving a friendly nudge to get it in there some day
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

onlydarksets, is the movie title, "When Harry Met Sally..." with the 3 dots? If so then that will do it.... I don't think we remove a "." as invalid character, but maybe we should... or at least remove any dots at either the beginning or ending of a title.

I'll record a bug for this.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
onlydarksets, is the movie title, "When Harry Met Sally..." with the 3 dots? If so then that will do it.... I don't think we remove a "." as invalid character, but maybe we should... or at least remove any dots at either the beginning or ending of a title.

No, it doesn't. I believe it processed the root folder fine, but I think it was trying to find the subfolder when it choked.

And, of course, it had to fail on "When Harry Met Sally" as opposed to "Home Videos of Me Saving Family from Mountain Lion with my Bare Hands".

Last edited by onlydarksets; 03-31-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I processed my DVDs last night and anything beginning with "Dr." ended up getting the same metadata for a foreign film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057011/).

Another issue I had was that FanArt is being put in directories based on the title found in the searches, not the actual media file; so FanArt doesn't work for those. For example, "Ghost in the Shell" was called "Kôkaku kidôtai" in Japan, where it originated, but the FanArt is being stored in "Kôkaku kidôtai" rather than "Ghost In the Shell", the title of my DVD.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
I processed my DVDs last night and anything beginning with "Dr." ended up getting the same metadata for a foreign film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057011/).
That's an interesting one... I'll take a look and see what's going on there. Can you provide some filenames?

Quote:
Another issue I had was that FanArt is being put in directories based on the title found in the searches, not the actual media file; so FanArt doesn't work for those. For example, "Ghost in the Shell" was called "Kôkaku kidôtai" in Japan, where it originated, but the FanArt is being stored in "Kôkaku kidôtai" rather than "Ghost In the Shell", the title of my DVD.
This may be related to the aka search stuff that was added... I'll look into this as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's an interesting one... I'll take a look and see what's going on there. Can you provide some filenames?
Gladly! The three in my collection are:
Dr. No
Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Each of these end up with the metadata for 'Dr' and didn't prompt me.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

A question/feature suggestion:
I'm using the DVD Profiler source as my first source because I like that I can rely on it being nicely formatted, correct, and only has to search my local XML (which is fast); however, when metadata is found in the DVD Profiler source, I would like the BMT to still look up the FanArt Backgrounds. It does correctly pull the DVD Cover image from DVD Profiler and place it in the Posters folder for the movie. Is there a way to make BMT do this currently?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
A question/feature suggestion:
I'm using the DVD Profiler source as my first source because I like that I can rely on it being nicely formatted, correct, and only has to search my local XML (which is fast); however, when metadata is found in the DVD Profiler source, I would like the BMT to still look up the FanArt Backgrounds. It does correctly pull the DVD Cover image from DVD Profiler and place it in the Posters folder for the movie. Is there a way to make BMT do this currently?
Similar to Stranger's request, it is possible to do this today, using a Composite Provider configuration in the metadata.properties, but it would require a lot of configuration to pull it off. I'll add an enhancement request to simply the composite provider creation for purposes of using primary provider and a secondary fanart provider.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI, you can continue to report bugs / enhancements here, but you can also, if you want, submit issues directly. Or if you want to see the list of open issues, or simply get an idea of might be worked on, you can check the issue list.

If you submit an issue, try to remember to "tag" it with the BMT label, that way, I'll can separate it from the other projects. If you forget, I'll do it anyways
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
FYI, you can continue to report bugs / enhancements here, but you can also, if you want, submit issues directly. Or if you want to see the list of open issues, or simply get an idea of might be worked on, you can check the issue list.

If you submit an issue, try to remember to "tag" it with the BMT label, that way, I'll can separate it from the other projects. If you forget, I'll do it anyways
FYI I just added the issue around handling files that have 1080p or 720p in filename. I can't figure out how to tag the issue though... see issue #45.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 AM
SageTVaholic

thanks... to "tag" it, the tracker calls is "Labels". If you click in an empty label box it will drop down the complete list of lables... BMT is near the bottom. I've updated the issue, this is just for future reference.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Cool! I added some comments so you have examples right there and don't have to come back to the forum.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Expert

After digging around around the forums, I can't seem to find any info, but I'm curious on what the "best" way is to name my DVD folders such that this tool can pick up the name of the Movie easily.

The biggest question is for my multiple Entourage discs. For example, since each season spans multiple discs, I name each folder "Entourage Season 2 Disc 1" but this plugin doesn't recognize that.

How should I name DVDs that have multiple discs? Also, how does BMT figure out that Entourage, while in my DVDs folder, is really a TV show and not a movie?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I think that the only recognized format that I have so far for TV season episode/disc names is,

/Entourage S02 D01/

But, if you know a little bit about regular expressions, then you can add support for a more verbose format, such as your case of "Season 2 Disc 1", by adding another tv filename scraper in the scrapers/tvfilenames/ folder.

The general rule of thumb for bmt when it's processing files, is that if the filename can be identified to have a season in it, then it's a tv file.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
thanks... to "tag" it, the tracker calls is "Labels". If you click in an empty label box it will drop down the complete list of lables... BMT is near the bottom. I've updated the issue, this is just for future reference.
I don't see a way to set a label, sorry!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's a screen shot, shows where the Labels are set. If you click on an empty box, it will popup a list of available labels....
Attached Images
File Type: png labels.png (50.4 KB, 210 views)