SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

That worked! I could have sworn I tried them all. Thanks for the great work!

Dave
Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2 View Post
That worked! I could have sworn I tried them all. Thanks for the great work!

Dave
no problem... the 2.0 release is going have all providers enabled by default... so hopefully that should reduce some of the confusion.

Sean.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
no problem... the 2.0 release is going have all providers enabled by default... so hopefully that should reduce some of the confusion.

Sean.
Sean,

Any idea on the ETA for version 2?

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

Any idea on the ETA for version 2?

Tom
That's a good question.... it will be soon, but i don't know exactly when. I'm trying to coordinate the release with the phoenix fanart apis.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I have this great app working it is getting movie info and jpegs.

It is not downloading fanart or movie run time is it suppose to?

I am runnning the plugin not the manual

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 03-28-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

the current release version 1.x will download a single background. The 2.0 release is scheduled to be released really soon, and it supports a broader range of fanart, ie, multiple posters, multiple backgrounds, etc.

As for the run time, it should pull it down, if it exists.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Where does it download the fanart I can't seem to find it but it is downloading the covers and information.

is there a switch i need to add to the properties file?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

The plugin is called when media is imported into Sage. If the media was imported previously the manual method is the way to go.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

No they are all blank files. (by blank i mean no folder.jpeg or movie info just standard video_ts folders_

The plugin is being called correctly as when I refresh my import directories all the movies have cover art and information suddenly but no fanart.

I can see in the log it is finding it but can't find where it is saving it too.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

pluckyhd, if you can wait for a day (maybe 2), then the new version will be out. The new version will allow you to configure your fanart folder using a new stvi plugin that will be shipped in the new build. The new build will also share the same central fanart folder property that sagemc uses (since will all will be using the common phoenix libs for fanart).

If you can't wait then you'll have to manually set the central fanart folder location in the metadata.properties file. When running as a plugin, this file should be in the root of your sage installation directory. ie, at the same level, as JARs, STVs, Sage.properties, etc.

The property that you need to set is explained here.

The server will need to be restarted in order to pick up changes to the property file.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

stuckless thanks I will wait
Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Version 2.0 is complete

It took some time, but here's the 2.0 release. The 2.0 release contained some major updates in order that it could be used along side of the phoenix apis. For those of you that don't know, the phoenix apis are a set of apis dealing with metadata and fanart that can be reused by multiple projects. Currently SageMC and and BMT are both using the same apis to ensure that we are all storing and looking for fanart in the same locations. As well, Jaminben is also using those apis for his tv and movie info screens.

Issues/Enhancements
  • 5 Need to update BMT to use the Updated Central Fanart model
  • 6 Updated BMT Properties to use the New Properties as agreed upon with Evilpenguin
  • 7 Update Plugin to use the GetFanartCentralFolder() location if it is set
  • 10 Update Plugin to Set New properties (SeasonNumber, EpisodeNumber, MediaType, etc)
  • 11 Add Install STVi for SageMC and Default STV
  • 13 Add Banner Support to BMT
  • 15 Change themoviedb.org provider to also compare alternative_title for match quality
  • 16 Add Intelligent Reindex support for DVDProfiler
  • 19 Changed default settings so that BMT ships fully loaded.
  • 22 Remember last selected TV title when searching...
  • 23 Sort Properties
  • 28 Add support for blu-ray folders
  • 30 Fix the "Year" in themoviedb.org

Issues 5,6,10,11,13 are all directly related to the new central fanart locations proposed by evilpenguin. BMT now use the phoenix apis for determining where to download the fanart.

Issue 7 means that when bmt is running as a STV plugin it will use the same central fanart location as that sagemc uses. (again because of the pheonix apis)

Enhancement 11 adds a STVi for the default STV and SageMC that allows you to configure some aspects of bmt from within sage. You can enable fanart and set the fanart central dir. You can also enable / disable which providers you want to use, and set the order that they should be used. In the default STV, there will be a "Metadata/Fanart" button added to the "Detailed Setup" menu. In SageMC there will be a Metadata/Fanart button added to the "Extras" menu in it's SageMC setup menu. (thanks to meinmaui for helping with this part)

Enhancement 11 also adds a very basic fanart search / selection feature to both the default STV and SageMC. For the Default STV, when you select an item, a "Metadata/Fanart" button will appear in the options menu for that item. When you select it, it will perform a fanart search for this selected item, and present you with a selection list. If you select an item, it will download the fanart to the central fanart location. In SageMC, in the "Edit Video Info" screen, there will be a new "Metadata/Fanart" button that will do the same as the default stv; search and download fanart for the movie item.

Enhancement 13 allows for banners to be downloaded, BUT, to my knowledge, banners have not been implemented in my xmbc tvdb.xml scraper. But this basically allows for the infrastructure to be there, when I finally get around to updating the scapers.

Enhancement 15 will test search titles against the alternate tile for the themoviedb org provider. The alternate title is like an aka title. Sometimes it may be the english title for non-english films.

Issue 16 removes the need for you to force a reindex when using the dvdprofiler provider. It can now automatically detect if it needs to reindex based on whether or not the collection file has changed. An important note about the dvd profiler support. The web scraper for dvd profiler has been removed and only local dvd profiler support remains. The provider id for dvdprofiler is now dvdprofiler and NOT dvdprofiler_local.

Enhancement 19 was a decision to ship the base tool/plugin fully loaded so that without specifying any providers, it could be used to fetch metadata/fanart for movies and tv. This was mainly so that less technical people didn't have to "fiddle" with it in order to get it to work. More technical people can still specify which providers you want to use, etc, if you don't want to use the "defaults".

Enhancement 22 is something new that I added to keep track of which move/tv you selected when prompted for a search reasult. There is a new file, metadata-titles.properties, that contains a mapping of a search title to metadata id. When you are prompted for a title, such as "The Office", your selection will be stored in that file. Later if the tool is running in automated mode, and it encounters the same search title, it will check to see if you've already provided a selection, and if so, then it will use that selection, without prompting you again.

Enhancement 23 basically means that all property files will be stored with their keys in alphabetical order. This is mainly for ease of reading and finding stuff. Normally property keys are stored in a seemingly random order (not really, but it appears that way).

Enhancement 28 just adds the "blu ray" check. If it sees a folder with a BDMV child folder, then it will assume the folder is a DVD/Blu-ray folder.

Issue 30 simply fixes an issue in themovedb.org search results with the year is shown as "01-01-2009" instead of "2009".

Notes
I've also updated the wiki, so take a look there for more information.

In this 2.0 release I have also merged the plugin and the command line tool, since they were virtually identical with the exception of a single jar file. So now when you download it, you can extract it into the SageTV root folder and it can run from there as a plugin or as a commandline tool. If you don't want to use the plugin, then extract it anywhere, and run it as you always did.

If you are installing it in the SageTV root folder, as a plugin, then shutdown sage first, then extract the files. But before you start sage, run the tool once from the command line.
Code:
# java -jar MetadataTool.jar
This will "clean" the JARs directory and remove any duplicate jars. In this release, the metadata-updater.jar and the sagex-api.jar be be distributed without a version in it's filename. I'm doing this to minimize work in future upgrades. Using jar versions is a good visual que, but I've come to realize that it a PITA for must users to deal with. So, for this release, just run the command line tool once and it will report and remove any duplicate jars for you.

Caution
Since this is a 2.0 release, I would use it with caution, since there are bound to be bugs. I'm currently using, and a number of other people are also using it, and so far I've been happy with it... but you may still encounter some issues. (thanks meinmaui and jaminben for helping with the testing)

Since this release is dependant on a UI that can utilize the new central fanart system, you'll have to wait until SageMC is released (tonight perhaps) before you can really utilize it.

Enjoy,
Sean.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Sage Icon

Sean -

thanks for the new version. Looks great.

I just ran it, and noticed one thing. I may have missed it in the discussion of the new folder structure.

I have this DVD rip:
Code:
R:\Movies\The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
when the tool writes out a new folder for the central fan art, it skips the year "(2005)":
Code:
D:\Fanart\Movies\The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Matt
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Matt,

Based on the discussions of the central fanart folder, the fanart folder name is the "MediaTitle" of the movie, which for movies, it will the movie title without the year.

Sean.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Before I download and install this can you tell me if I can adjust to format of the Fanart folder structure so it works with Tiki's STVi? Alternatively, do you know if Tiki is altering his folder structure to comply with yours?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I am confused and excuse the ignorance but is pheonix's api already present in the latest beta build?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

tmiranda,

This build follows the guidelines set out in the fanart/metadata discussions. The output format for bmt is pluggable, but currently i'm only providing support the common layout as used in the phoenix apis. I can't say if Tiki will use the new apis, but they were created so that both sagemc and the default stv developers could utililize fanart/metadata as produced by this tool and evilpenguin's media scraper. If tiki does not want to use the new shared apis, then he can still write a java plugin for BMT that will download metadata to the locations that he wants. I won't be doing that myself, since I'd rather that everone use the same common apis for accessing fanart so that as new features are added or bugs are fixed, then everyone can benefit.

If you disable fanart, ie, --fanartEnabled=false, then only the posters and metadata will be downloaded.

If you enable fanart (enabled by default) but you don't set the fanartFolder (--fanartFolder), then it will default to the local fanart mode where the background is downloaded as the same name as the local media file with a _background.jpg appended to it.

pluckyhd,
the phoenix apis are distributed with this download and with next release of sagemc, which is due to be released very soon. If you are using SageMC, then i'd wait until that is released before you use this version.

if you are using the default stv, then you can still use this tool and disable fanart.

I'd recommend to everyone that you wait until sagemc is released, and that you wait unilt evilpenguins tools are released as well, especially if you are using his tools for tv. while these tools will do tv, his tools will do a much better job at grabbing the banners, bacgrounds, etc for tv. This is really a limitation on the xbmc scrapers that i'm using to fulfill tv support.

The goal is to provide a set of consistent set of fanart/metadata apis via phoenix. At some point in time, phoenix will use both bmt and ep tools for downloading metadta/fanart transparently to the end users.

I hope this answers your questions and helps to clarify the direction of the projects.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Music

Does this Importer look for a music Fan Art?

Technazz
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Does this Importer look for a music Fan Art?

Technazz
The short answer is no.

But, given that base phoenix apis do support music, it only makes sense the that metadata/fanart tools also support music as well.

I've started to look at how music fanart could be downloaded using this tool, but it's a little complicated. Some future version of this tool will support music as well.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The short answer is no.

But, given that base phoenix apis do support music, it only makes sense the that metadata/fanart tools also support music as well.

I've started to look at how music fanart could be downloaded using this tool, but it's a little complicated. Some future version of this tool will support music as well.
Cool thanks for your work. I'll be loading this up with Sage MC tonight!

technazz