SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Create a file called metadata.properties in the BMD directory.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Sage User

Probably a stupid question

What is the BMD directory? I don't have a directory labeled this...
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

if you're using the plugin it should be in the sage tv folder (c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv)
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsochia View Post
What is the BMD directory? I don't have a directory labeled this...
Whatever directory the Batch metadata importer executable is located in if you are using the standalone version.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Thx, I will give it a try
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Sage User

One more question...

Is this what I am putting in the metadata.properties file:

provider=themoviedb.org-2,imdb.xml,imdb,tvdb.xml

???
Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are running a plugin, then create/edit the metadata.properties in the root of the sagetv folder (ie, the folder that also contains, JARs, STVs, etc).

In the metadata.properties, add the following line
Code:
/metadata/defaultProviderId=themoviedb.org-2,imdb.xml,imdb,tvdb.xml
That should cover you for fanart/posters for movies and some tv.

You can get a full list of the provider ids and properties from the wiki page.

As I mentioned before, I'l ltry to ship the next release, "fully loaded", so that it will by default try all providers, unless you specify a custom list.

EDIT:
You'll also want to restart sage for the properties to get picked up.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage User

Thx again
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Question DVD Profiler Support

Given that BMT has Local DVD Profiler support, I was going to remove the DVD Profiler Remote url support in the next build, provided no one has any real objections.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Given that BMT has Local DVD Profiler support, I was going to remove the DVD Profiler Remote url support in the next build, provided no one has any real objections.
I keep and run my DVD Profiler on another machine on the network. I haven't set this up yet with your tool. Will the removal affect me or is a UNC workable for the config?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

basically my first implementation for dvd profiler support was "screen scaping" a configured remote http:// url. Later, I added "Local" support where local mean that process the xml file directly (either on the same machine or another machine via a mapped driver or UNC).

So UNC will still work, since I consider that to be "local".
Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
basically my first implementation for dvd profiler support was "screen scaping" a configured remote http:// url. Later, I added "Local" support where local mean that process the xml file directly (either on the same machine or another machine via a mapped driver or UNC).

So UNC will still work, since I consider that to be "local".
Great. That's what I thought.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

html-like tags coming from DVDProfiler

Is there a way to hide, or use, the html-like tags coming from DVDProfiler?

I get this tag in the SageMC movie's description: <i></i>

When I look in DVDProfiler, sure enough, that part is italicized.

(Or is there a way in DVDProfiler to not allow HTML-like tags in the description?)

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Chris, I'll remove html tags from dvd profiler data as it's processed by the metadata tools. I'll try to get this into the next release, which should be comming out soon.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVD Profiler Local help

Quote:
Chris, I'll remove html tags from dvd profiler data as it's processed by the metadata tools. I'll try to get this into the next release, which should be comming out soon.
Great, thanks!

Looks like I jumped the gun though. I can't even get DVD Profiler Local to find a movie...
(In DVD Profiler: I exported the data to the XML file, and yes, Barnyard is in there.)

Here's the output when I run the bat file: (I also tried entering in a command line and got the same message.)
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris Hallowell>cd \BatchMetadata

C:\BatchMetadata>java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=dvdprofiler_local "E:\Encoded DVDs\Barnyard.mkv"
Batch MetaData Tools (1.23)

Search Results: Barnyard

[q=quit, n=next (default), ##=use result ##, TITLE=Search TITLE]
>
Here's my bat file:
Quote:
cd \BatchMetadata
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --provider=dvdprofiler_local %1
pause
Here's my metadata.properties:
Code:
/sageMetadata/genreLevels=2
/metadata/defaultProviderId=dvdprofiler_local
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation=C:\\Fanart
/dvdprofilerLocal/forceRebuild=true
/dvdprofilerLocal/imageDir=C:\\Documents and Settings\\Chris Hallowell\\My Documents\\DVD Profiler\\Databases\\Default\\Images\\Thumbnails
/dvdprofilerLocal/xmlFile=C:\\Collection.xml
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/name=DVD Profiler and themoviedb.com Provider
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/description=Composite provider that uses DVD profiler for searching and supplements with the themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/iconUrl=
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/searchProviderId=dvdprofiler_local
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/detailProviderId=themoviedb.com
/compositeMetadataProviders/dvdprof2/fieldsFromSearchProvider=GenreList;PosterArt;AspectRatio;Description;Duration;MPAARating;ReleaseDate;RunningTime
Also, my log file is attached.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: txt metadataupdater.txt (8.4 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by chrishallowell; 03-17-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Chris... here's a couple of things to try for testing...

add --reindex --auto=false --prompt=true to the command line... this will force a reindex of the dvd profiler xml and make you select an item from the list, instead of automatically selecting an item.

Then could you send me your log file and your dvd profiler xml? you can PM the xml file if you want... If I have the xml, then I can test on my side as well.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sean,
I added the below options and retried Barnyard and it gave me the choice of 1 movie, Barnyard, and everything worked fine.

Options added:
--reindex --auto=false --prompt=true

Attached is my zipped DVD Profiler XML file and log file for your review.
Attached Files
File Type: txt metadataupdater.txt (24.1 KB, 261 views)
File Type: zip Collection.zip (181.0 KB, 1454 views)
Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a feeling that the --reindex is probably the fix there... the dvd profiler xml is never reindexed unless --reindex is passed... this will be changed in the 2.0 release. In the 2.0 release it will auto detect that the xml has changed, and rebuild the indexes as needed.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have a feeling that the --reindex is probably the fix there... the dvd profiler xml is never reindexed unless --reindex is passed... this will be changed in the 2.0 release. In the 2.0 release it will auto detect that the xml has changed, and rebuild the indexes as needed.
That would make sense. I'll try again tonight without the reindex and see if it works.

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I am looking for a way to automatically download fanart (backgrounds and banners) for recorded TV shows so that they can be used with Tiki's Fanart STVi for the default STV. There are three tools that I can use but none of them seem to be perfect:

- There is the BMT tool by babgvant. This is what I am using now but it does not support downloading banners. It also needs to be run manually.

- There is evilpenguin's mediascraper tool but that does not support recorded TV (I think) and does not name the banner and background files they way Tiki's STVi requires.

- Then there is this tool which does not seem to support banners.

All of these tools have long forum threads so I may have missed something obvious. Is there a way to use any of these tools to get banners and backgrounds suitable for Tiki's import? I am not really interested in the .my or .properties metadata. (Tiki's import requires that banners are stored in one central folder, backgrounds are stored in another central folder, and the art files themselves are named the same as the show with a .jpg extension.)

Ideally I would also like the tool to automatically get banners for all of the shows in the Program Guide (so the banners could be displayed while browsing the guide) but that is probably another discussion.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.