SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Glad the plugin finally works.... SageTV isn't my day job... but there are days/nights that it feels like it
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't been able to get the plugin to resolve metadata for video_ts (log below) folders; works great for standalone files.

Thanks

728670 INFO [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageVideoMetaDataPersistence - No Metadata for file: \\server\dvd\Meet_The_Robinsons\VIDEO_TS.properties
728675 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.util.FileNameUtils - Loaded Filename Scraper: title-s00e00
728678 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.util.FileNameUtils - Using Scrapers to find a query for: file:////server/dvd/Meet_The_Robinsons/VIDEO_TS/
728681 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.persistence.PropertiesPersistence - Attempting to load a map for: /xbmcScraper/Title-s00e00.xml/settings
728683 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.composite.CompositeMetadataProvider - Searching using composite provider: themoviedb.org-2
728684 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider - Search Query: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE:VIDEO;
728690 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider - IMDB Search Url: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=VIDEO&x=0&y=0
728811 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor - Searched for: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE:VIDEO;; Good: false
728811 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor - Not very sucessful with the search for: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE:VIDEO;
728811 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.composite.CompositeMetadataProvider - Searching using composite provider: themoviedb.org-2
728812 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider - Search Query: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE:VIDEO;
728812 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.imdb.IMDBMetaDataProvider - IMDB Search Url: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=VIDEO&x=0&y=0
728822 DEBUG [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor - Searched for: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE:VIDEO;; Good: false
728824 INFO [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageVideoMetaDataPersistence - No Metadata for file: \\server\dvd\Meet_The_Robinsons\VIDEO_TS.properties
Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

This is clearly a bug.... I thought that I had fixed this in an earlier build. I'll try to take a look at this tonight.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

Disabling Backdrops
Use the --backdropsNever to prevent backdrops from being downloaded. Or set this property in your metadata.properties
Code:
/sageMetadata/ignoreBackdrop=true
Where should the metadata.properties file go when using the plugin? I tried putting it in %ProgramFiles%\SageTV\SageTV, but it still downloading the backdrops.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

metadata.properties gets loaded from the current working directory. Under linux, this is the SageTV root directory.... I'm not sure where it is under windows, but I think the log files spits out an error/warning telling you that it cannot open the metadata.properties file... it should give the full path to where it is trying to load it in that message.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

It goes where ever you run BMT from (same directory as MetadataTool.jar), unless you run vista with UAC...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
metadata.properties gets loaded from the current working directory. Under linux, this is the SageTV root directory.... I'm not sure where it is under windows, but I think the log files spits out an error/warning telling you that it cannot open the metadata.properties file... it should give the full path to where it is trying to load it in that message.
Figured out the problem ignoreBackdrops is a property of metadataUpdater (thanks for publishing the code).

so adding

/metadataUpdater/ignoreBackdrops=true

to the properties file sorted my problem
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation

I am confused what I need to do to get this tool installed?

I went to the download area and I see an updater, updater-plugin, sage-api, etc.

Can someone please point me to simple instructions needed to get this installed?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Which part? I only use the updater, not the plugin and not the webserver api.

To install it you just extract it to the directory of your choice and run the commands listed...
Old 02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

This "tool" has 2 flavours... if you simply click the download link from the download page (listed on the first post), then you'll get the command line tool. (The first post also has a direct link to the documentation as well)

But, there is also a "plugin" version of this tool that can run within sagetv. the plugin is non visual, and simply just sits there waiting for new content to be added, and then automatically fetches metadata once new content is added.

Personally, i'd try out the command line tool first... play with it, and if it's doing what you like, then maybe move onto the plugin.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

I like it, I'm just too lazy to install the plugin. I can run the manual version once in a while, I don't add ripped movies that often now that I've got most of them done.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
I like it, I'm just too lazy to install the plugin. I can run the manual version once in a while, I don't add ripped movies that often now that I've got most of them done.
The plugin is the part of this tool that makes it powerful.

I wrote a tool that does pretty much the same thing as the BMT CLI; but I'm not working on it anymore because even if it keeps parity from the CLI real time meta data resolution has so much more potential.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
I wrote a tool that does pretty much the same thing as the BMT CLI; but I'm not working on it anymore because even if it keeps parity from the CLI real time meta data resolution has so much more potential.

But I liked your tool.

(Ok wait-that doesn't even sound right.)

But I liked the software you wrote. I still use it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The plugin is the part of this tool that makes it powerful.

There's no doubt that it would help for people that add a lot of media but I've found running the manual version doesn't get the false hits that I used to get (mostly due to my naming format I'm sure), if ran with the right options. If I ran the plugin I'd still have to fix the bad data manually so I might as well stick with the manual version now that I've got it figured out.

Bottom line is, I still like BMT.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

But I liked your tool.

(Ok wait-that doesn't even sound right.)

But I liked the software you wrote. I still use it.

Gerry
Until BMT puts it in the "right" place (trying to fix that) I'll still use it download the fanart; just not adding the properties files, etc that I was going to.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah-I have it grabbing the fanart. Works great.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

New Release 1.22 - The babgvant Release :)

Many thanks to babgvant for adding a new feature and fixing a bug.

babgvant got tired of me not showing interest in providing a central/alternate location for downloaded backdrops, so he went ahead and added it himself

You can set the central/alternate location for backdrops using the following property
Code:
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation
This property accepts a standard File location. The default behaviour, if this property is not set, is to simply write the back drop in the same directory as the video file (as it did previously)

He also provided a regex for the characters that get removed in the title. If you find that it's not sufficient you can change it using the following property.
Code:
/sageMetadata/safeTitleReplaceRegex=:|/|\\|\*|\?|<|>|\|
He also went ahead a fixed a bug that he reported related to how the plugin handled video_ts folders.

So you can thank babgvant for this release
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

I think backslashes need to be doubled up if using on Windows.

e.g.
Code:
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation=\\\\server\\fanart
btw, I like the release name
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think backslashes need to be doubled up if using on Windows.
e.g.
Code:
/sageMetadata/alternateBackdropLocation=\\\\server\\fanart
Java can be a little forgiving here as well... you can for neatness, use forward slashes

Code:
//server/fanart
or
Code:
c:/videos/fanart
Quote:
btw, I like the release name
Credit, where credit is due
Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Question GUI anyone?

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in the last couple of releases, a --gui option was added.

I started to work on a simple gui front-end for this, but I basically I gave up (GUI is not my thing). The current gui will scan/update, but it doesn't provide a means (yet) to actually allow the user the search/view metadata.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in contributing to the project by taking on the task of enhancing the Swing GUI that I started.

If you are interested, then PM me.

I've attached a screenshot of the current UI.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png BMTUI.png (25.3 KB, 244 views)