SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but their is too many pages to search through and the search egine isn't the greatest. Basically I want to use BMT just for my TV shows as I use MyMovies for all of my dvds/bluray. How if possible can I configure BMT to do this? Thanks.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

If your movies are in a "Movies" folder, then you could use the ignore folder option in bmt to ignore the "Movies" folder. from the web ui, under configration , search for "ignore". Then add your Movies folder name there. don't use the full path, only the folder name, ie, "Movies".

BTW.. i've added an enhancement req for 4.0 to allow users to configure which media types on which bmt will act.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do I just add the parent folder or do I put the full UNC path? How do I add more than one location?

Edit: I just noticed that either after adding BMT or TVE that in my videos under File System view nothing is showing up.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Memory leak

I'm trying to track down a memory leak and I was wondering:

Will I break BMT if I install the latest phoenix.jar and sagexapi.jar? If it makes any difference I'm running SMW and TVExplorer (in addition to BMT).

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Do I just add the parent folder or do I put the full UNC path? How do I add more than one location?
This is a case where less is better. This field is basically a regular expression that is run again the uri of your media item. So, if you have to folders, c:\movies1\ and d:\mymovies\, and you wanted to exclude them, then you'd enter something like movies1|mymovies. you could try to enter a complete uri, but, you'd have to make sure that it is escaped properly (and the web ui doesn't help much here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
I'm trying to track down a memory leak and I was wondering:

Will I break BMT if I install the latest phoenix.jar and sagexapi.jar? If it makes any difference I'm running SMW and TVExplorer (in addition to BMT).

Thanks!
I don't think there is any issue with using the latest sagex api or the latest pheonix api with the 3.1 build of bmt. I could be wrong, but I don't recall changing anything that would break 3.1.... but i also have a really short memory
Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK thanks. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works out.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Sage User

I want BMT to automatically search all new recordings and overwrite the EPG Metadata so that I have Season and Episode information right away.

Is this possible? I feel like I have everything configured properly, but I still have to manually search for metadata for each new recording using the web UI.

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
I want BMT to automatically search all new recordings and overwrite the EPG Metadata so that I have Season and Episode information right away.

Is this possible? I feel like I have everything configured properly, but I still have to manually search for metadata for each new recording using the web UI.
This should happen automatically, if the Automatic Plugin is enabled. You can see if thee automatic plugin is enabled from the status screen of the web ui. If it's not enabled, then you can enable it under "configure->metadata tools->automatic plugin configuration"

If it's enabled but it's not working then check the log files (mailcheck and/or sagetv_0.txt). If you can't decipher the log files, then email them to metadatatools at gmail dot com and be sure to send me the filename of the recording so that I can easily find it.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless,

I'm seeing that you are not far from a beta. Will this be the signal that I can update the source code to look at the new architecture of BMTv4?

I was also reading previous post and I was wondering about the wiz.bin and .properties files. Right now, is BMT modifying the wiz.bin at all for metadata? I would be one of those that prefer to never touch the wiz.bin (to keep original information coming from EPG) and to put more emphasis on .properties file (or any other database that could ease management). Assuming .properties has to stay because it is what has been "standardized", maybe we should look at something similar as what have been done for fanart. Some kind of central repository where all .properties would reside. This would solve the case for DVD and it would also help to find the files. Right now, for those that have numerous folders to save the recordings... it is quickly becoming a mess when moving files around.

Coming back to the .properties file itself, right now, what would be the impact of removing one? Do which metadata SageMC/SageTV would revert to? This may be closely related to my first question about wiz.bin modification.

Thank you for these bits of information.

ehfortin
Old 01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
I'm seeing that you are not far from a beta. Will this be the signal that I can update the source code to look at the new architecture of BMTv4?
I did do a mass checkin of bmt and phoenix code. It's getting close, but it's still not there. Most of the large changes and restructuring have been done, now I'm just trying to iron out a few issues and update the web ui before I release a beta. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a lot of time lately... (my wife has me painting the house )

Quote:
I was also reading previous post and I was wondering about the wiz.bin and .properties files. Right now, is BMT modifying the wiz.bin at all for metadata?
Currently, if you do a web ui scan/on demand, then it does modify the wiz.bin. If you use the commandline/automatic plugin, then it will only modify the .properties file.

Quote:
I would be one of those that prefer to never touch the wiz.bin (to keep original information coming from EPG) and to put more emphasis on .properties file (or any other database that could ease management).
In 4.0, i've added a couple of new scanning options. I've added an Update Wiz.bin flag that can be turned off so that the wiz.bin is never updated. I'm also looking at adding a flag that will instruct the updater to not overwrite existing metadata fields, but fill in empty fields. ie, using this, it could still scan recorded TV shows and fill in the Season/Episode information without affecting the original tv metadata.

Quote:
Assuming .properties has to stay because it is what has been "standardized", maybe we should look at something similar as what have been done for fanart. Some kind of central repository where all .properties would reside. This would solve the case for DVD and it would also help to find the files. Right now, for those that have numerous folders to save the recordings... it is quickly becoming a mess when moving files around.
.properties is SageTV's way of importing metadata. Currently they only import metadata if those .properties reside in the same dir as the mediia, AND the mediafile timestamp is never than the .properties file.

Quote:
Coming back to the .properties file itself, right now, what would be the impact of removing one? Do which metadata SageMC/SageTV would revert to? This may be closely related to my first question about wiz.bin modification.
There are no side effects of removing .properties. Once sage has imported the media, then the properties are never used/referenced. Bmt may re-read them during a scan, but if they are not there, then it's no big deal. ie, .properties information gets written to the wiz.bin (by sagetv).
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I don't think there is any issue with using the latest sagex api or the latest pheonix api with the 3.1 build of bmt. I could be wrong, but I don't recall changing anything that would break 3.1.... but i also have a really short memory
I installed the latest phoenix api and don't seem to have any problems with BMT 3.1. Not sure if it's solved my memory leak though.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Was working fine but now I can an error "service return error". I read that this is because its doing a scan. But I've been getting this error for the last two days. I restarted server and deletd BMT folder and still keeps on erroring. It does say scanning = true. Is their a way to cancel this scan? or can I uninstall BMT and reinstall?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
I installed the latest phoenix api and don't seem to have any problems with BMT 3.1. Not sure if it's solved my memory leak though.
Do you suspect that the memory leak is in bmt? Is so, do you have any more information on the issue?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What i'm thinking is that we could have a Genre lookup table (file) where we could list the Genre and a regex of possible matches...
ie,
Horror: Horror, Scary, Fright

When the properties are processed, i can see if the current genre contains, "Horror", "Scary", "Fright", and if so, then assign it to the "Horror" genre.

If we go through the list and we haven't found a genre, then we can either add the genre text as is... or assign it to a cusom "Unknown" genre.

That's my take on the process.
Was the above ever resolved? I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere.. I couldn't find it and am currently having a problem with too many genres. I've occasionaly had to replace a drive and my library gets re-imported. Then I have multiple genres ('action' & 'action film', etc..). It actually freezes my extenders when I page down in SageMC.. I'm not sure if its a SageMC issue or an extender issue.. but if I simply go through all my movies and remove the 'xxx film' categories thereby reducing the number of genres, my extender doesn't freeze. An automated solution like the above idea would be great.. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage User

I am having trouble saving meta data with the web interface:
Before I updated from 3.03 and switched the phoenix it worked fine...

Metadata Tools 3.1
Version 1.58
sagex.api Version 6.6.2
Fanart Enabled true
Fanart Folder C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart

I cannot save edited metadata: the webserver says "Failed to save" in a browser pop-up

If i do a scan I get "service return an error"

the maillog.txt doesn't appear to have errors in it, i've attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt maillogexceprts.txt (4.6 KB, 457 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Was the above ever resolved? I'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere.. I couldn't find it and am currently having a problem with too many genres. I've occasionaly had to replace a drive and my library gets re-imported. Then I have multiple genres ('action' & 'action film', etc..). It actually freezes my extenders when I page down in SageMC.. I'm not sure if its a SageMC issue or an extender issue.. but if I simply go through all my movies and remove the 'xxx film' categories thereby reducing the number of genres, my extender doesn't freeze. An automated solution like the above idea would be great.. Thanks!
This has not been implemented in 3.1... but i'll add an enhancement request and see if it gets added in 4.0.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydeath View Post
I am having trouble saving meta data with the web interface:
Before I updated from 3.03 and switched the phoenix it worked fine...

Metadata Tools 3.1
Version 1.58
sagex.api Version 6.6.2
Fanart Enabled true
Fanart Folder C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart

I cannot save edited metadata: the webserver says "Failed to save" in a browser pop-up

If i do a scan I get "service return an error"

the maillog.txt doesn't appear to have errors in it, i've attached it.
Jonny, there isn't much in the log files But i'm wondering if this is related the phoenix version. I noticed that you are using the latest 1.58 (which is basically a developer version). Just try extracting the 3.1 bmt again, which is overwrite the phoenix.jar to an older version, and then restart sagetv server and see if that fixes it.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Auto Library Scanning problem

Hey Sean,

I've been using BMT for a while now and it has been great. Over the last couple of weeks I have been noticing that not all shows are getting metadata. So, I finally got a chance to sit down and troubleshoot and I saw something odd. The last date scanned is Dec 31, 1969. I am attaching a screenshot for you to see.

I then did a manual scan and when it completed, the date still did not change. What do you think is going on?

Thanks,
Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMT_Error.jpg (182.3 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by Peter_h; 01-26-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Peter, the last scanned date gets reset every time sagetv is started. ie, bmt only stores that value in memory and it's never persisted. So this is normal, if sagetv was restarted. Also, I think that scan date is only updated by the automatic scan. (i think)

But, i'm wodering if your issue is a caching issue/bug. Try deleting your cache directory in the sagetv home and then scan again and see if your metadata gets picked up. I think in 3.1 there is a cache bug that i'm still trying to track down.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you suspect that the memory leak is in bmt? Is so, do you have any more information on the issue?
To be honest I have no idea. The only add-ons I'm running are BMT, SMW, and TVExplorer.