SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
In the webui: Metadata Tools->Sage Persistence->TV Title Mask.

The default is: ${MediaTitle} - S${SeasonNumber}E${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

Which would output:

4th and Long - S01E04 - The Red Zone

I changed it to ${MediaTitle} ${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

Which outputs to: 4th and Long 04 - The Red Zone

For you,

${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

should output:

04 - The Red Zone
Perfect, thank you!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Exclamation

Is BMT suppose to overwrite the Show ID for recorded TV programs?

The other day I noticed I was getting duplicate recordings of the same episode. Upon further research I realized I had updated the shows metadata via BMT for that particular episode. So I just did a quick little test I used the web gui and looked at a tv recording which BMT had not touched before. Upon doing so the Show Id was: EP8466780058. I then used BMT to look up the metadata and saved the episode. Viewing the program info just after saving returned the same Show Id, but once a Library Refresh was performed the Show ID was changed to: EPmt535147b.

Any idea on why this is happening and any way to prevent it? I really like being able to adjust the episode info and add the SxxExx into the episode's description.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Minor BMT maintenance update coming soon?

Hey Sean, I noticed that youre much more active lately here. I hope it's okay to ask this, but I'm curious if you have had a chance to fix work on the broken automatic TV movies issue. I remember that there was discussion of even how to fix it several weeks back; but, at that time you were pretty busy. Anyway, I didnt think it would hurt to chime in and ask. Needless to say, we really appreciate your effort to getting remaining items addressed before the next major release.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
Is BMT suppose to overwrite the Show ID for recorded TV programs?

The other day I noticed I was getting duplicate recordings of the same episode. Upon further research I realized I had updated the shows metadata via BMT for that particular episode. So I just did a quick little test I used the web gui and looked at a tv recording which BMT had not touched before. Upon doing so the Show Id was: EP8466780058. I then used BMT to look up the metadata and saved the episode. Viewing the program info just after saving returned the same Show Id, but once a Library Refresh was performed the Show ID was changed to: EPmt535147b.

Any idea on why this is happening and any way to prevent it? I really like being able to adjust the episode info and add the SxxExx into the episode's description.
This is correct behaviour. The reason has to do with the fact that you cannot easily update sagetv metadata once it has been imported. So, bmt creates a new "show" object for the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hey Sean, I noticed that youre much more active lately here. I hope it's okay to ask this, but I'm curious if you have had a chance to fix work on the broken automatic TV movies issue. I remember that there was discussion of even how to fix it several weeks back; but, at that time you were pretty busy. Anyway, I didnt think it would hurt to chime in and ask. Needless to say, we really appreciate your effort to getting remaining items addressed before the next major release.
Yeah... i've been more active in the forums lately... but unfortunately, i haven't been very active with bmt development. It's not that i don't want to.... it's just everytime I start, some else comes up.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This is correct behaviour. The reason has to do with the fact that you cannot easily update sagetv metadata once it has been imported. So, bmt creates a new "show" object for the item.
That was what I was afraid of... Now I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I really want the season and episode number visible, but I don't want to have countless recordings of the same program when I already have a copy of it.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Metadata from TheMovieDB

I am trying to fix a couple of problems, mainly because of the way that BMT is importing metadata and movie posters for two movies that have the same title...

A Christmas Carol (I have two of my favourite versions) from 1984 (with George C Scott) and from 1999 (with Patrick Stewart).

When I try to use the web interface to update the metadata and fanart for the 1999 version, I am getting the error "Failed to update metadata". I can update the metadata for the 1984 version without any problems, but even if I choose ONLY "themoviedb.org" from the list of providers, this error comes up.

Is there something weird about themoviedb.org that's causing this? Has anyone seen this before?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I am trying to fix a couple of problems, mainly because of the way that BMT is importing metadata and movie posters for two movies that have the same title...

A Christmas Carol (I have two of my favourite versions) from 1984 (with George C Scott) and from 1999 (with Patrick Stewart).

When I try to use the web interface to update the metadata and fanart for the 1999 version, I am getting the error "Failed to update metadata". I can update the metadata for the 1984 version without any problems, but even if I choose ONLY "themoviedb.org" from the list of providers, this error comes up.

Is there something weird about themoviedb.org that's causing this? Has anyone seen this before?
Usually with movies of the same name they will add the (year) of the movie to the title. So try editing the title adding A Christmas Carol (1999) to it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

Strange behavior or not?

Regarding post #2048, does this mean the titles will show up out of order in folder view until a refresh has been performed?

I am seeing in the "My Videos" under folder view after doing a scan from the BMT web UI, that all of my movies are scattered and out of there folders in folder view. Physically they are ordered correctly on the disc in the correct folders, just not listed as such in the Sage UI. I have to "Refresh Imported Media" from the Sage UI to correct, sometimes multiple times. I have not imported the stv in to the UI as yet, would that fix this problem?

Thanks,
Skybolt

BTW - thanks for all of the hard work that went in to this, this is an awesome add-on. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Usually with movies of the same name they will add the (year) of the movie to the title. So try editing the title adding A Christmas Carol (1999) to it.

Gerry
Already tried that, Gerry.... believe it or not, BMT is pulling in the version from 1931! I am trying to correct it from the WebUI now....
Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I added a bug/enhancement a few weeks about to add support for years when doing the searching/matching. Currently, in an automated scan, it will ignore the year. In a manual scan, it shouldn't matter because the year is displayed, and you choose the result you want.

If i get a chance, I'll try to see why A christmas carol from themoviedb.org is so problematic.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, Sean... that's what I was trying to do... a manual update through the WebUI. "Find Metadata" brought up the list of all the "Christmas Carol" movies - I then picked the one from 1999 and that's when it failed.

When I did it for my copy from 1984, it worked perfectly... very strange...
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Sage Expert

I could be wrong, but I'm wondering if there's a problem overall that just started with themoviedb.org. I loaded up a ton of dvds and grabbed all the metadata and fanart yesterday through the webUI and everything went great. Today I tried to grab a few additional blu-rays, but on every single one of them it's only seeing and grabbing a single poster image from imdb. I can go to the movie pages on themoviedb and see plenty of backgrounds, so it's not like there aren't any.

Here's a list of the movies I've tried, none of which has downloaded any backgrounds or more than one poster, in case anyone else wants to try...

Adventureland
Burn After Reading
Land of the Lost
Miracle at St. Anna
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Observe and Report
Push
Revolutionary Road
The Brothers Bloom
Old 11-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Sage User

Sorry for the newb-q.

I managed to get the BMT installed, and somewhat working, except that art is not being displayed. I notice that Fanart directories are supposed to be in $SAGETV_HOME/STVs/Phoenix/Fanart/Movies/... but these are not created by the BMT. Is this something I need to create and populate?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by jtors; 11-13-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a problem with thetvdb.com tonight or is it just me?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage User

Couple of quick questions, I am not able to use this tool for the files that are stored on my hardrive connected to the hd 200. What website can I use for getting DVD art? Aslo how should it be saved, file type and location to show up properly?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Is there a problem with thetvdb.com tonight or is it just me?
I haven't been able to connect all morning...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not familiar with how metadata works, nor what sites provide it. However, now saying that, I am wondering how hard it would be (if at all possible) to have tv.com added to the list of metadata providers for show information. THETVDB is still down this morning, and causing me grief..

TV.COM is up and serving up all the shows and episodes. If BMT were able to pull the metadata from here, it would help reduce or even eliminate the times that tvdb is down and we can't get our show information... just thinking, is all...
Old 11-14-2009, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtors View Post
I managed to get the BMT installed, and somewhat working, except that art is not being displayed. I notice that Fanart directories are supposed to be in $SAGETV_HOME/STVs/Phoenix/Fanart/Movies/... but these are not created by the BMT. Is this something I need to create and populate?
That is the default location for the fanart. I would check the webui and make sure that fanart is enabled. Are you seeing .jpg files show up in the same directory as your mediafiles. If so, then that's a good indication that central fanart is not enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
Couple of quick questions, I am not able to use this tool for the files that are stored on my hardrive connected to the hd 200. What website can I use for getting DVD art? Aslo how should it be saved, file type and location to show up properly?
If you are using the HD200 in standalone mode, then you can use the bmt commandline and specify the central fanart folder to be another folder on the usb drive. Then in the HD200 menus, you'd need to set your central fanart folder to be the folder on the usb drive.

As for which provider your need, you can leave it blank (ie not specify it from the commandline) and it will use the defaults, which is imdb and themoviedb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I am not familiar with how metadata works, nor what sites provide it. However, now saying that, I am wondering how hard it would be (if at all possible) to have tv.com added to the list of metadata providers for show information. THETVDB is still down this morning, and causing me grief..

TV.COM is up and serving up all the shows and episodes. If BMT were able to pull the metadata from here, it would help reduce or even eliminate the times that tvdb is down and we can't get our show information... just thinking, is all...
TheTVDB uses a rest api (http + xml) for searching and fetching metadata and fanart. TheTVDB wants people to use their information programatically, which is why they have this exposed API. TV.com does not want you to use the information, and as such, they have no exposed APIs for retreiving series/show information. So, from a programmer's perspective, writing a metadata provider for tv.com is not really worth the effort, since you'd have to parse the html+javascript in order to get the information. Screen scraping is not reliable, and even small changes in the site and render the provider useless. We see this happen from time to time with the imdb provider, because it works the same way. So, I'm doubtful that I'll ever write a provider for tv.com, but that shouldn't stop someone else
Old 11-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

It looks to me like thetvdb.com is still down. I'm surprised it's been down for over a day.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
It looks to me like thetvdb.com is still down. I'm surprised it's been down for over a day.
If you check out this thread on their forums, it looks like it'll probably be down until Monday.