SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks yet again Stuckless! Turns out I made a mistake, its actually over 16,000 files. I ended up doing a little mini cloud computing and divided up the work to 3 different computers and it completed in about 6 hours.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
Thanks yet again Stuckless! Turns out I made a mistake, its actually over 16,000 files. I ended up doing a little mini cloud computing and divided up the work to 3 different computers and it completed in about 6 hours.
That's alot of files Glad it worked.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Sage User

Will this work for movies stored on a hard drive attached directly to my media extender? This is where I store most of my movies.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage Expert

Any way to customize the final display title for TV on DVD episodes? Since I typically organize everything by file system view, I already have a Show Name\Season #\ hierarchy that I'm navigating. I don't need to see "Show Title - SXXEYY - Episode Title" for every episode, it'd be great if I could just see "YY - Episode Title" for each episode. Is there a way for me to set it up to display this way?

Thanks for the awesome tool, and all the help figuring out how to use it!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1475 View Post
Will this work for movies stored on a hard drive attached directly to my media extender? This is where I store most of my movies.
One thing you could do, is attach the external drive to a computer and then use the bmt commandline to update the metadata/fanart. I don't have a HD200 (yet ) so I'm not sure if this will work, but I suspect it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Any way to customize the final display title for TV on DVD episodes? Since I typically organize everything by file system view, I already have a Show Name\Season #\ hierarchy that I'm navigating. I don't need to see "Show Title - SXXEYY - Episode Title" for every episode, it'd be great if I could just see "YY - Episode Title" for each episode. Is there a way for me to set it up to display this way?
From the web ui configuration search for mask. There are a number of display masks, so you can try fiddling with them. For TV episdoes there are 2 types of masks, one for sage recordings, and one for non sage recordings (ie, dvds, etc)
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Folder exclusion?

I tried searching for this and I'm sure it's staring me in the face, but is there a way to exclude my home movies folder from BMT searches?

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
is there a way to get a list of my total failed? Only shows a few, but says thousands have failed. Thanks!
Unfortunately not yet
Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
I tried searching for this and I'm sure it's staring me in the face, but is there a way to exclude my home movies folder from BMT searches?

Thanks.
Try this post.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Thanks.
I found the best way to get that working was using single word entries in the pipes. Some of my folders were named like "One shot documentaries" which is impossible to find a unique key word in there. So I ended up renaming it to "One shot documentariez". Then using "documentariez" between the pipes BMT matched the folder name uniquely.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post

Thanks for the awesome tool, and all the help figuring out how to use it!
In the webui: Metadata Tools->Sage Persistence->TV Title Mask.

The default is: ${MediaTitle} - S${SeasonNumber}E${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

Which would output:

4th and Long - S01E04 - The Red Zone

I changed it to ${MediaTitle} ${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

Which outputs to: 4th and Long 04 - The Red Zone

For you,

${EpisodeNumber} - ${EpisodeTitle}

should output:

04 - The Red Zone
Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Thanks but I can't seem to find any details on what or where the 'reg ex option' is?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks but I can't seem to find any details on what or where the 'reg ex option' is?
in the web ui, select configure, then search for "exclude". It should come up.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Exclamation MyMovies and BMT problems

Ok. I have seen where people have had problems importing metadata from MyMovies. I must be missing something because the answers provided never fully answer the question for me.

I have <filename>.mymovies.xml or in some directories just mymovies.xml in the video share. \\<servername>\Videos\<Movie Name>\<filename>.mymovies.xml

On the webgui. I go to Configure --> Metadata Tools --> Metadata Configuration --> Metadata Providers --> I added mymovies to the front of the list. mymovies,tvdb,imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml

Question 1.
Is this correct? I have not seen a list of default provider syntax to correctly add a provider.

On the webgui. I go to Configure --> Metadata Tools --> MyMovies --> MyMovies Xml --> I put in mymovies.xml

Question 2a.
Is this correct? Again I have not seen a list or an example of what I need to put in here. I have seen where other people have asked the edited their post to reflect that they figured it out without actually posting what they did.

Question 2b.
Is there another place that my movies stores an .xml that I am missing or is this refering to the .xml that will be in every folder with a movie?

Looking at the release thread it say to add /mymovies/xmlfile= to the metadata.properties file.

Question 3.
Where is this file? and what my movies xml is is looking for? The only file I've seen that is close is under the c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv folder and it is called "metadata-titles.properties" or a "metadata.properties.sample" file.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide I have been trying for 1/2 a day to get BMT to pull MyMovies metadata by default and have had no luck.

Setabs
Old 11-07-2009, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On the webgui. I go to Configure --> Metadata Tools --> Metadata Configuration --> Metadata Providers --> I added mymovies to the front of the list. mymovies,tvdb,imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml

Question 1.
Is this correct? I have not seen a list of default provider syntax to correctly add a provider.
Look correct.

Quote:
On the webgui. I go to Configure --> Metadata Tools --> MyMovies --> MyMovies Xml --> I put in mymovies.xml

Question 2a.
Is this correct? Again I have not seen a list or an example of what I need to put in here. I have seen where other people have asked the edited their post to reflect that they figured it out without actually posting what they did.
In that location, you need to put in the complete path location of where you exported your mymovies.xml files. ie, in MyMovies you need to create an export xml file and then put that filepath in the the bmt configuration. I've never used MyMovies, so I'm not sure about how you would go about exporting the collection, or if there is simply a mymovies collection xml that is stored somewhere in the MyMovies installation area.

Quote:
Question 2b.
Is there another place that my movies stores an .xml that I am missing or is this refering to the .xml that will be in every folder with a movie?
Not sure, since I've never installed the software.

Quote:
Looking at the release thread it say to add /mymovies/xmlfile= to the metadata.properties file.

Question 3.
Where is this file? and what my movies xml is is looking for? The only file I've seen that is close is under the c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv folder and it is called "metadata-titles.properties" or a "metadata.properties.sample" file.
Since 3.1, you can just use the web ui to configure stuff. Ignore older references to documentation that includes editing .properties.

It seems like your biggest hang-up is that you haven't told BMT where to find the mymovies collection. My understanding, is that MyMovies will have an xml database of all of it's movies, or you can export the database as xml. Once you know the full location to that file, then you can set that in the Configure --> Metadata Tools --> MyMovies --> MyMovies Xml location.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by setabs View Post
Ok. I have seen where people have had problems importing metadata from MyMovies. I must be missing something because the answers provided never fully answer the question for me.

I have <filename>.mymovies.xml or in some directories just mymovies.xml in the video share. \\<servername>\Videos\<Movie Name>\<filename>.mymovies.xml

Question 1.

Question 2a.

Question 2b.

Question 3.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide I have been trying for 1/2 a day to get BMT to pull MyMovies metadata by default and have had no luck.

Setabs
I only played with MyMovies for a little bit but I found that the best option to get it working well was to export the entire database to an xml and point BMT at that file. The default filename for the exported xml is Titles.xml. The individual in-directory xml that mymovies creates gave me a lot of problems.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to set up an override? I have shows for Brothers and Sisters, but I can't ever get any fanart. BMT finds the series 78167(an old show from 1978) on thtvdb, but really I want it to find 79506. It finds this because there is a season 4 of the 1978 series(even though there were no episodes in season 4) so BMT is doing the right thing, I just want it to change.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
in the web ui, select configure, then search for "exclude". It should come up.
Thanks Stuckless. I see the exclude option now but when I put the folder name in there BMT is still seems to be picking it up. Am I supposed to use any specific kind of syntax? Sorry to be so clueless.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
How about .rar'ing up you SageTV directory, and trying a new install. Doesnt take long...
Well I had to reinstall everything from scratch and what ever was not happy is now happy. sflamm - that quick test did work, so I reinstalled everything from scratch, kept my wiz and sage prop, though so in the end - it's all good.

Thanks Guys - I can now move on to other issues. Thanks for all of your help.

-Skybolt
Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 PM

Still haven't gotten the metadata to load from mymovies.

I now have the mymovies as the only metadata provider.

I have exported the mymovies db to the titles.xml and pointed BMT to it.

I have rescanned and I get nothing now.

For example I browse the videos and it lists "Ali G indahouse." I click "Find Metadata." In the search field it won't bring anything up.

Edit: Ok I have no clue what the hell happened. But when I was checking everything writing this post it just started working.

So if anyone has any ideas what the problem was let me know if not don't worry about it.

Setabs
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Stuckless. I see the exclude option now but when I put the folder name in there BMT is still seems to be picking it up. Am I supposed to use any specific kind of syntax? Sorry to be so clueless.
Send me the complete folder paths that your want to exclude, and your current regex, and I'll create one that should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflat View Post
Is there a way to set up an override? I have shows for Brothers and Sisters, but I can't ever get any fanart. BMT finds the series 78167(an old show from 1978) on thtvdb, but really I want it to find 79506. It finds this because there is a season 4 of the 1978 series(even though there were no episodes in season 4) so BMT is doing the right thing, I just want it to change.
There maybe... it's basically done using the metadata-titles.properties. Changes to this file are only picked up when sagetv restarts. By far the easiest way to add something to this, is using the commandline in manual mode... ie, something like...

Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --auto=false --prompt YOUR_FILE
This will do a search, and then let you select a result. That selected result will them get recorded to the metadata-titles.properties. Eventually you'll be able to do this in the web ui, but I'm not gettting a lot of time lately to work on bmt enhancements.