SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxtor View Post
"select Use US/Canada or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source" I just get an error message about failing to connect to the SageTV server.
The XMLTV Importer is not installed correctly. You must shut down SageTV, uninstall XMLTV Importer, install it again, and start SageTV.

Also if you are using Windows Vista, the sage.properties file may have been virtualized. In this case, shut down SageTV, uninstall the Importer, delete the sage.properties file you'll find in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV (make a backup first), install the Importer, start SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to ElGato Send a message via MSN to ElGato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxtor View Post
I am trying to do this now, however when I get to this bit

"Then start sage, add go to source setup, add your source, and when it gets to the EPG bit, select
Use US/Canada or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source"

I just get an error message about failing to connect to the SageTV server please check your internet connection, my internet connection is working perfectly?

Sorry to drag this thread back up but it seemed the closest to what I am trying to achieve.
I am having the same issue. , I have tried for many weeks to get this working and it is becoming increasingly frustrating, not least because the importer takes over 6 hours to complete, so it is very weary to keep starting again.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGato View Post
I am having the same issue. , I have tried for many weeks to get this working and it is becoming increasingly frustrating, not least because the importer takes over 6 hours to complete, so it is very weary to keep starting again.
Please have a look in the Config & Logs folder (you can open this folder form the Importer, in the Update Guide Data menu) and look for errors in the log file (you can also have a look in the GuideData subfolder, there is a log file for the java plugin used in SageTV).

Version 3.3 of the Importer fixed an error that some digiguide users were having (because of something odd in the lineup definition : an empty channel or something else, that was preventing the Importer from finish its job)

If you want you can send me the content of your config & logs folder zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Please have a look in the Config & Logs folder (you can open this folder form the Importer, in the Update Guide Data menu) and look for errors in the log file (you can also have a look in the GuideData subfolder, there is a log file for the java plugin used in SageTV).

Version 3.3 of the Importer fixed an error that some digiguide users were having (because of something odd in the lineup definition : an empty channel or something else, that was preventing the Importer from finish its job)

If you want you can send me the content of your config & logs folder zipped at lmgestion@hotmail.com

Regards,
Stéphane.

At the momment the log files do not contain any info, other than starting up and closing down of the importer.

I have two issues to overcome at the moment, one I can not select my frequency file from Sage to use for the Channel Lineup, the other is that I also get the same as Baxtor, ("select Use US/Canada or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source" I just get an error message about failing to connect to the SageTV server.)

I will try again from a fresh install, but again this is all quite frustrating, I realise lots of people have the working, but it seems there are a lot that don't. It isn't the friendliest of set ups.

Is it possible to add to the XMLTV channel list? I'm thinking because it takes sooo long to import I would start with maybe 4 channels to prove wether it works and then add the others.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGato View Post
At the momment the log files do not contain any info, other than starting up and closing down of the importer.
Send me the content of you config & logs folder.

Quote:
I have two issues to overcome at the moment, one I can not select my frequency file from Sage to use for the Channel Lineup, the other is that I also get the same as Baxtor, ("select Use US/Canada or XMLTV Guide Data with this Source" I just get an error message about failing to connect to the SageTV server.)
Are you running Windows Vista?

For the frequency file: the Importer will try to load any .frq file in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder (or the install folder you used). If you use Vista, those files will be virtualized and the Importer will not found them.

The "failing to connect" error is either because:

* the xmltv plugin was not added to the sage.properties file. This can happens on Windows Vista because of virtualization.
* the XMLTV Importer couldn't complete the Import process (as you seems to have no logs for the import at all, I guess this is what is happening)

Quote:
I will try again from a fresh install, but again this is all quite frustrating, I realise lots of people have the working, but it seems there are a lot that don't. It isn't the friendliest of set ups.
It is not needed to start from fresh. This Importer has the friendliest set up you'll find for XMLTV plugin : you have a setup that does all the sage.properties editing for you and a complete GUI... The version 3.x is brand new so it is not as solid as the 2.x version (the Import engine is the same, but the whole GUI was redone to be friendlier. So you can make mistakes in the GUI that I have not anticipated resulting in the import process to fail)

Quote:
Is it possible to add to the XMLTV channel list?
Yes you can add/remove channels at any time.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
It is not needed to start from fresh.
Stéphane.
Too late, no worries though v6.4 has just gone final so also a good excuse to reinstall.

I uninstalled everything except XMLTVGUI, figured this was fairly self contained and wouldn't be an issue. I have now just reinstalled SageTV v6.4.8 final on WHS.

I will follow instructions from here

Last edited by ElGato; 08-19-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK I got a little closer, but not quite there :(

I now have 4 channels in my lineup, but not epg data, and none of them will tune,
Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Even closer, but still no cigar

OK, now even closer to the elusive Sage Nirvana. I now have EPG data for about 8 channels, and it looks correct, but not one of them will tune.

So close yet so far it seems.

Last edited by ElGato; 08-19-2008 at 11:39 AM.