SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Another request, is the option to leave the Movies grouped in a separate folder in every sort screen (by date, by title). As well as the ability to leave Archived recordings out of the listing unless you actually choose the "Archived" filter.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Did not see it asked for - what about a file browser like the default STV to allow browsing all files on the server (or local drives).
Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can you add the ability in MC to see comskip icons?

thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Smart Fill

I still record quite a few cable shows in analog SD resolutions.. things that I can't get with QAM.. these shows I enjoy using the 'Fill' aspect ratio on, wherease I prefer the 'source' aspect ratio on anything not 4:3 in it's original format..

This works if I select Fill for all my TV recordings, but with my imported videos the 'fill' will also modify the apsect ratios of HD files.. such as the Apple Quicktime trailers from MovieTimes plugin.. This also happens with my ripped DVD's...

What I'd like, unless this is already an option that I've simply missed, is a 'Smart Fill' mode that will respect the source aspect of shows that are meant to display in widescreen format, and fill shows that were analog and 4:3..

If that makes sense!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Add Support for Malore-style Multipane Menus

I would like to see the Malore Menus incorporated into the core of SageMC as a supported feature. You could include setups so you could choose whether to use the SageMC-style or Malore-style screens for recordings, schedule, etc.

I know there is already an import for the Malore Multipane Menus, but there are some integration issues with using it.

The standard SageMC recording menu just doesn't offer as many options for categorizing and sorting and quickly cycling between multiple views as the Malore menus. Plus, I like seeing the groups on the left and the airings on the left as opposed to a single list where you have to drill down into folders to see the grouped items.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Don't reschedule option?

Last night I noticed just in time that SageTV was not going to record the new episodes of Lost, I also noted it wasn't going to record this Friday's Battlestar episode either!! Actually, what had happened is that Sage had rescheduled those recordings for later days so that it could record other shows that don't repeat.. in this case it was repeats of America's funniest home videos.. the VERY LAST favorite on my list! I forced them to record on time, so crisis was averted.

BUT.. it would be nice if we had an option on our favorites to 'Force 1st run' or some such thing.. to make sure that specific shows are recorded the very first time they air..

Is this possible already, or could it be added?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

Banner Art?

I would like to see the implementation of banner art in the EPG in much the same fashion as tiki has done for the default STV.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39105
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Sage Expert

Not sure if this was already been asked for...

In the filesystem view, it displays the title, but sorts by the actual file system/directory name, which makes the sorting out of order with the display.

Can the filesystem view be sorted by title order???

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage User

My Movies

How about a my movies interface?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I would love to see the "always skip commercials" option be configurable per series.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Sage User

Optional display of EXIF data of jpg's

I love to watch pictures with SageTV.
It would be realy nice if it is possible to display the EXIF and other information included within the jpg file. I am using the Title and Subject for example and would like to display them as an option while watching pictures as a screensaver or slideshow.

Is it possible to implement something like this? It would be nice to include an option of selecting which EXIF information to be displayed.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

First of all, I am a newbie and SageMC was one of the first things I installed. It is just brilliant so thank you very much for creating and sharing it! There is not much to criticize about the program at all.

But, I have two suggestions:

1. Would it be possible to see both the channel number, name (ie, the station acronym that Zap2it provides) and logo on the on screen mini-guide? Right now you can choose to see one or the other. When I see the logos I always wonder what channel it is and when I see the channel numbers I wonder what the channel logo is. There seems to be enough room to show both. And it would be great if showing both would be the default of the program, with the option to turn off one or the other if one wanted to.

2. Would it be possible to see the following information for both Recent Recordings and Upcoming Recordings?:

Recent Recordings Date Time Length
545 CNNHD [LOGO] Megaworld Sun 3/22 11:30pm 1:30
123 BIOC [LOGO] Ultimate Journeys Tue 3/24 7:00am 0:30

Upcoming Recordings
[same info as above]

EDIT: I couldn't get the above to line up properly in the post (it does when I write it!) so here's some more detail that will provide easy readability on-screen: The data columns are left justified. The Recent Recordings title is left justified above the program name column and the Date, Time and Length titles are centered above their data columns.

One could then eliminate the information about the time since or the time to recording and free up some space. If there was not enough room for the channel number, name and Logo maybe only the number and logo could be shown (or have it as a user chosen option).

My SA 8300HD PVR shows all but the channel and logo and that has always bugged me. I know that you can see a lot more information than the current screen by clicking on the program name, but it would be nice to not have to do this and there does seem to be enough screen real estate to accomodate this additional information, especially if one eliminated the time since or time to recording.

Thanks again.

Displays: Panasonic 65" P65S2 & 50" PX77E plasmas, 19", 26" & 32" LCDs, 4 HD200s
Source: 2 HD-PVRs, Rogers Toronto SA 8300HD PVR, 4250HD firewire tuned, WHS, SageTV, Sonos 1xZP100 & 3xZP120 wireless audio, Gigabyte GA45-E45-UD3R mobo, 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo E5200 (2MB L2), Nvidia GeForce 96400GT, 120GB OS drive, 1 & 1.5 TB WD Caviar Green, Mushkin 2GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, El Cheapo case, Corsair 520HX modular Power Supply.

Last edited by TorontoSage; 03-24-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

One other thing that I think could be improved is the Settings menu structure for SageMC. I find it very confusing to figure out which settings menu to go into to make changes - I think the stock UI does a much better job in categorizing setting changes.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Sage User

Last recorded date

Didn't read all items, but is it possibile to list the last date a Favorite was recorded?

Have over 300 favorites and can't keep track as to whether they are still valid shows. A last recorded date might help somewhat.

Jeff
Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Tuner Priority and listing

I'd LOVE see some way in the GUI to sort the tuners in both priority and numerically for guide display clarification.. sort of like we do for the favorites.. move the tuners we want to give priority to to the top of the list and the others down to the bottom.. I'd also LOVE to have this list also match the tuner numbers displayed in the guide! As it is I can never be sure what tuner is tuner '1' in the guide!

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, what he said

Also, Closed Captions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I'd LOVE see some way in the GUI to sort the tuners in both priority and numerically for guide display clarification.. sort of like we do for the favorites.. move the tuners we want to give priority to to the top of the list and the others down to the bottom.. I'd also LOVE to have this list also match the tuner numbers displayed in the guide! As it is I can never be sure what tuner is tuner '1' in the guide!

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

If possible can we see the commercial markings on shows that have padding set on them? Currently the timeline shows a blue color for the padding time, but you cannot see the commercial markings like in the normal/green portion.

thanks,
Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
If possible can we see the commercial markings on shows that have padding set on them? Currently the timeline shows a blue color for the padding time, but you cannot see the commercial markings like in the normal/green portion.

thanks,
You can set the transparency level for that padding to make it so you can see the commercials under it. Its somewhere in the SageMC preferences.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Options to use banner art work transition animations. Exactly the same as posters are done currently.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

I think it would be great if one was able to search their archived movies/video content in a similar fashion to searching the EPG.

By this I mean, each subsequent letter added to the title search criteria continually and dynamically brings up any video content in the import directory.

Right now it sort of does this where one can enter in just a few letters and then submit the query to get the results… I would like to see the results automatically filtering on the side like when I search television content.