SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same thing here. IE works custom doesnt no remote on the IE version..

Hope a fix comes out soon just started a trial

Dave
Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am also getting the black screen on the default player. I happened to notice today using my Roku Netflix player that they changed the homescreen. Just thought that might be relevant.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Sage Expert

So I have had the player/plugin installed for a quite some time and I have finally got around to using it today.

The plugin works and loads the netflix player but I loose control of sage for some reason and it may be something I am doing with my remote setup.

Here is the issue, when the player is running if I hit the home button on the remote I can't get back to the main menu on sage. Do I have to have to watch the entire video to get back to the sagemenu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Try stopping the video before trying to go anywhere else in Sage.

Gerry
that worked

Last edited by AJ Bertelson; 01-04-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Try stopping the video before trying to go anywhere else in Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

how did you get it to work? something about silverlight?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage User

Netfllix plugin locks HD100

Hi,

I'm new to sageTV and I'm trying to get the Netflix plugin to work. I just installed the latest SageTV software for WHS and I've just updated the firmware in the HD100. I also installed the SageMC customization. I then installed the Netflix per the instructions and added it to my menu using a post early in this thread (thank you for the good directions). However, when I select the netflix menu item, I get the netflix screen (the text is very difficult to read - looks like old computer type font - nothing like the nice screen shots I saw), but then the unit locks up. I can't use the remote to move up or down the netflix menu, or even leave the screen. The only thing I can do is power off the unit.

Is there some newbie mistake I'm making?

Thanks so much,

John

update: I tried to import the netflix STVI again and now it is letting me navigate up and down the menu. The text is still very difficult to read - any ideas?

Last edited by jelentz@gmail.c; 01-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Sage User

Does HD100 extender work with the netflix plugin

Final question for now. I was playing with the netflix plugin, trying to set it up on a pc and I was wondering - does it allow for instant viewing of movies using the HD100 extender? I'm trying to avoid building a PC to stream to my TV, but I'm just wondering if that is the only way to use the netflix plugin with sageMC.

Thanks again,

John
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been going through a similar exercise but not with the extender. I have a client PC and installed the Netflix plug-in expecting to view Netflix movies. From what I've learned you have two options for viewing a movie in the plug-in. A custom player and Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what the custom player is. Maybe it's associated with Windows Media Player? But anyway, if you had viewed Watch It Now Netflix movies in the past and had loaded the ActiveX control from Netflix you can view Watch It Now movies with the plug-in. Netflix no longer offers this ActiveX control. You must now view movies with the Silverlight player. The problem is that the Netflix plug-in is not compatible with the Silverlight player. So, if you are like me and trying this for the first time you cannot view Watch It Now movies with the plug-in.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Sage User

That is too bad. I was hoping to use the extender as a nice fanless appliance to stream netflix to my TV. May have to try for a fanless (or at least quiet) small form factor pc.

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not Working Any Longer

I have been using it for a while now without difficulty, but today it is not working. I click on Watch Instantly and all that happens is that I hear 2 clicks and nothing happens. So I opened up IE and tried to watch the video from there - Netflix now forces me to install Silverlight. Anyone know - does this mean that the old WM method now unavailable?
SageTV 6.5.4+Webserver 2.21+SageMC 6.3.8a, P4-2.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1.5TB HD, 500GB HD, PVR-150, PVR-350, AverMedia A180, ATI x1600 512MB AGP, Audigy Platinum EX, connected to an Sony 46XBR6 LCD via DVItoHDMI and Sony STR-DA2400ES receiver via 5.1 analog.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys and Gals,
I enjoyed this plugin very much until I built a new computer that sits in my entertainment center with no monitor hooked up. I only have s-video running out of the video card. Now I cant access the netflix watch it now feature. Im pretty sure it wants a monitor hooked up to do it.

I know this isnt the plugins issue at all but just hoping I could get some advice on how i could work-around this issue.

thanks in advance for any help
Old 01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

If this is a new computer build you will be not be able to use the plug-in to watch Netflix movies. Your old computer was using the Netflix ActiveX control to view movies. This ActiveX control is no longer available from Netflix. Netflix is now using the Silverlight player which is not compatible with the plug-in.

As a workaround you can minimize the Sage client and watch Netflix movies in your browser.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
If this is a new computer build you will be not be able to use the plug-in to watch Netflix movies. Your old computer was using the Netflix ActiveX control to view movies. This ActiveX control is no longer available from Netflix. Netflix is now using the Silverlight player which is not compatible with the plug-in.

As a workaround you can minimize the Sage client and watch Netflix movies in your browser.
Thanks for the info! So now I need to play with it and see if it will let me use the silverlight player without a monitor hooked up.. anyone have any luck with that?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

sorry for the 2 posts in a row.. but just wanted to let you know that with the silverlight player.. I am now able to get netflix on my tv with no actual monitor hooked up, just svideo. The only downside like you said is the plugin no longer works with it. oh well I did really enjoy this plugin and hope in the future something can be setup to make this work

thanks again morgan!!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage User

Question Queue Management

Queue management is the only thing that does not work for me. I can browse titles and I can do the watch now. I look at my queue move a title to the top click save, it puts me back out to the main screen, I go back into my queue and the title is back to its other position. I have verified my email address and password and they are correct. Also I am not sure the watch now would work if they were in correct. What else could cause this any ideas?

incidentally i recently reloaded my pc and had absolutely no problems getting the watch now to work. after i installed windows i went to netflix.com and clicked a title and watch now, i installed the netflix player and it updated some things and worked like a charm. I have svideo out from my card also no monitor. If that information helps anyone having the problems with watch now.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Sage User

So, we haven't heard from Morgan in a while. Could some new intigration be in the works? Being able to use netflix in Sage is great. I use it every day. Thanks for everything you've done with this Morgan!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Edit: Works great.

Last edited by camus; 01-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

not seeing my Queue

ok so i have everthing setup right but for awhile i have not seen my q i have it set up right with the my Queue rss put in therright but i dont get anything the only thing i get is watch instaly acces and i can watch things but i dont see my q or my ins q
am i missing something or anyone else having this problem
Old 01-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Well, after Brent's entry regarding the quality of movies on Netflix Watch Instantly, my wife and I decided to take anothe look at it and see if there was anything that interested us. Surprisingly, there was! The last tme I looked at the items that were available I was extremely underwhelmed. So, as we were already Netflix subscribers, we added a few to our queue and watched one via our 360 last night.
My plan was to install the SageTV plugin on my Sage client today. However, if I'm reading this thread correctly, that's not possible right now. To summarize what I think I've read:
  • If you have had the Netflix plugin working before they switched to Silverlight, you might be OK.
  • If you are starting from scratch, on a client, server, or extender, there's no way that it will work with the current plugin.

Are these 2 observations correct?
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Sage User

starting from scratch works

I just reloaded my machine windows and sage. after i installed all my sage plugins, the first thing i did was go to netflix.com and download the netflix player, it installed and made me update wmp to 11, i complied when i went back into netflix and tried watch it now (it's set to custom player and not ie) it asked me to login which was a bit of a pain cause you have about half a second to type your username and password, so you have to keep tabbing back to it, but then a press play to continue screen came up and the video's play fine, i have not had to enter my username and password since, but have oddly had to click the play button one other time.