SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Hi - yes, my server's IP address is fixed - the router has assigned the correct open port - etc etc - everything worked great for over a year, and then when I upgraded to v.6, it's been nothing but a mystery - I'm not so sure the concept of saving wiz.bin files and sage.properties actually works very well. It was only when I completely trashed everything that a connection was made.

and when you have 100 recordings that face extinction, there must be a better way to do an upgrade.
I never save the properties file I always setup everything from scratch and then after everything is working I copy the old saved wiz.bin back on top of the new one.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Agreed wiz.bin or .bak is all you need. Coping the config over is not such a good idea, I assume you are missing a few lines.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

The simplest and most reliable way to upgrade a working SageTV installation is just to install over top of your existing directory, without removing anything.

If your existing setup is hosed and you need to do a clean reinstall, do not copy the .properties files, but reconfigure things from scratch instead.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Placeshifter always buggy for me

Since the first version of Placeshifter/SageTV server I've had problems.
I've tried 3 different linksys routers and all have the same issue.
Once it works (and I don't have a method that I can duplicate) it works... that is until I have to reboot the server for one reason or another.

This happens when I try to forward to another port other than the default. The default (31099) SOMETIMES works.

Any clues why? I have Nielms webserver pointing to this machine (differnent port) without a problem. I've tried mapping ports using a 3 different methods that sage gives you (Manual and both UPNP methods)

I just bought another license just to use PlaceShifter last week and I've yet to be able to enjoy sage remotely.

Before anyone asks... No firewall. All I want to do is assign PS to use port 80. Nothing else is using port 80.

Port 1080 is Nielms webserver and I can reboot 1000 times and it always works

IP address of my server is static. Forwarding port 80 to the IP address of the sage server... choose port 80 in the PS setup... seems pretty straight forward right? Not rocket science but I am at a loss. Anyone else experience this?

Suffice to say.. this problem is REALLY cutting into my TV watching at work! :-)

TIA
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 02-12-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have you tried checking the ports thru your internet service provider? They might not be open.

Try testing the ports at this site:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Other sites are available to do this. Do a google search on ports open.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I resolved this by disabling UPNP on my router and manually setting to my desired port. UPNP seems kind of flakey or maybe it is a combination of UPNP/Sage that is flakey. Regardless, it seems that ever since I did this, I can reboot my server and port 80 through PS works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Have you tried checking the ports thru your internet service provider? They might not be open.

Try testing the ports at this site:

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Other sites are available to do this. Do a google search on ports open.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8