SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. See attached...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
send me a screen shot with the options menu open - it looks like something might be wonky with some of the settings there to make the alpha extend at the bottom.

btl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot.jpg (133.2 KB, 249 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, you just need to play with the numbers some. You have height set to 1.0 - the default is 0.95. This ranges from 0 to 1.0 - 1.0 being the full height of the screen.

Also, the Top / Focus / Bottom Height should ideally add up to 1.0 - they control the percentage of the Height that each portion gets. You are leaving 11% unclaimed (which is why you see the problem at the bottom).

I suggest resetting to default, and then tweaking from a "fresh" slate. That will only affect geometries - the color changes you've made are not affected by that.

btl.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

What are the chances you could extend granularity of precision one more decimal place? I insist on using 0.25 for my Focus Height. I can't get a top height of 0.375. There's a very small border left, but I prefer that over making the highlight to 0.26

Quote:
Yeah, you just need to play with the numbers some. You have height set to 1.0 - the default is 0.95. This ranges from 0 to 1.0 - 1.0 being the full height of the screen.

Also, the Top / Focus / Bottom Height should ideally add up to 1.0 - they control the percentage of the Height that each portion gets. You are leaving 11% unclaimed (which is why you see the problem at the bottom).

I suggest resetting to default, and then tweaking from a "fresh" slate. That will only affect geometries - the color changes you've made are not affected by that.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
You're right, it should be a general setting. I'll add this option into SageMC.

Dirk
Hey Dirk - there's a shape that's used quite abit in the OSD - I think it's called "Background" in Studio - hard coded to 0xCCCCCC. Any chance you could move that value to the theme? I like the look of black (0x000000) transparent overlays, but everything in SageMC looks more like gray because of this transparent gray background.

btl.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
What are the chances you could extend granularity of precision one more decimal place? I insist on using 0.25 for my Focus Height. I can't get a top height of 0.375. There's a very small border left, but I prefer that over making the highlight to 0.26
Chances are very slim But I suspect you could modify the .properties file manually if it's important to you - should work.

btl.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Worked perfectly!

sagemc/amg/percent_bottom=0.375
sagemc/amg/percent_focus=0.25
sagemc/amg/percent_top=0.375

Quote:
Chances are very slim But I suspect you could modify the .properties file manually if it's important to you - should work.

btl.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.3 is now available

There are no cosmetic changes in the newly released version 1.3 of the AMG. I put in two navigation related changes that I've been meaning to do for a while and finally found a good way to do.

YOU NEED SAGEMC VERSION 6.3.7a for this to work!!!!

The changes are :
  • modified Channel UP and Channel Down in AMG to skip the number of channels visible, and to honor the "Miniguide Reverse Up/Down" setting
    So what happens now is that if channel 10 is at the very top of the AMG, and you press channel up, channel 11 will be at the very bottom. So basically you get one page at a time without missing any.
  • modified AMG navigation so that if you have navigated to a future time slot (via the right arrow) and then go up or down, the AMG stays in the future time slot instead of going back to the currently airing time slot.

The one thing to note about the time slot change is that it is not an exact science. If you use this navigation feature you will notice that the time slot floats around some. I fully understand why it does so, and would be happy to explain if anyone cares. In the future I might decide to look at making it more accurate, but for now it works well enough for me.

btl.

Last edited by bialio; 03-11-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Sage Expert

This new release is great... keep up the great work. You may also want to update this thread's title with each new release (it still says AMG 1.1).
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
This new release is great... keep up the great work. You may also want to update this thread's title with each new release (it still says AMG 1.1).
Thanks - I've tried to change the title and it won't let me. I think an admin is required for that.

btl.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks - I've tried to change the title and it won't let me. I think an admin is required for that.

btl.
I think you just have to edit the first post in the thread and then click the "Go Advanced" button to edit the title.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think you just have to edit the first post in the thread and then click the "Go Advanced" button to edit the title.
I did that for the 1.0 -> 1.1 release, but after that it didn't update. I think you probably only get a single chance to update the title of a thread.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Actually, since users don't have permission to change the a thread title, you have to edit the title of the first post & then wait for me to notice. (Or PM me if a day or so goes by w/o the title changing.)

Quote:
I did that for the 1.0 -> 1.1 release, but after that it didn't update. I think you probably only get a single chance to update the title of a thread.
I generally watch for customization updates, so the last title changed because I saw that you posted an update, checked the title in the first post, & then changed the thread title to match. If the title on the first post doesn't change, then I don't change anything. I've updated it again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Andy - if you want you can just drop the version from the title all together then we won't have to mess with it in the future.

btl.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Andy - if you want you can just drop the version from the title all together then we won't have to mess with it in the future.
I leave that up to you -- if it isn't in the first post's title, then I don't bother with it either.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm just thrilled. First, I discover that the channel order can be adjust... and... I'm finally able to change that default orange color of the focus to something that matches my taste better.....
I am curious, what color codes are you using in the properties file? I the color scheme you are using is more appealing to me.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Sure no problem... here's my theme properties file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I am curious, what color codes are you using in the properties file? I the color scheme you are using is more appealing to me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip theme.zip (2.7 KB, 148 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

I am seeing something odd on my AMG. On the focus channel, in the top line where it shows the Current time and recording icons etc, I also have a truncated date (for example: "Sun, Mar ..."). How can I make this go away? Or if it has to be there, how can I make it show something useful, just "Sunday" or "Sun, Mar 30"? I realize its the date for the program listed in the focus, but its useless to have it show like it is currently since "Sun, Mar ..." could have been for 4-5 different weeks if I could scroll out that far in time.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you grab a screen shot of the options screen (or write down what your settings are in the options screen) - I suspect that at the width / height you are using the AMG this is introduced. I have never seen it get truncated like that.

btl.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Sage Icon

Didnt get a screen cap because its from an HD Extender, but it was the width setting. I had to change it from its default of .32 to .34. I had not messed with any other settings than making some of the fonts smaller. I didnt think to try the width settings since this was a brand new install of sage, sagemc, and the amg.

One question I have, is it possible for the non-focus channel name/number to be replaced by only a channel icon? The icons I use are 150x88 and I think would probably shrink into that area on the AMG quite nicely if its possible to even do this. I attached one of the icons to this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HDNet.jpg (39.7 KB, 204 views)
Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I will consider adding support for an icon instead of name/number in a future release - currently there isn't a way to do that.

If you want to send me your icons (or upload them to the downloads area ) I'll play around with it some.

btl.