SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I hear what you are saying, however you have to understand that this is a fixed selection scenario - most EPGs don't keep the selection fixed.

When you navigate on a normal EPG, you move the selection to a new row. When you navigate on the AMG, you move the new row to the selection. It's the list that moves, not the selection.

That being said, there isn't an easy fix for this. I'll look at it if I have time, but no promises.

btl.
I just want to go on record saying that the way it works now seems most intuitive. So, my vote would be to leave it the way it is.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
I just want to go on record saying that the way it works now seems most intuitive. So, my vote would be to leave it the way it is.
+1, works fine the way it is.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
+1, works fine the way it is.
+1 same here. Up is higher numbers, down is lower numbers.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is an awesome STVi. Thanks for the work.

I have one question for you. Is there anyway to animate the guide as it moves up and down?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
This is an awesome STVi. Thanks for the work.

I have one question for you. Is there anyway to animate the guide as it moves up and down?
Version 2.0 will have animation. And a few other goodies also

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
For me, "normal" instead of "inverted" is the correct way. I added the inverted thing because people asked for it.

So you want it inverted as it is now, but for the up / down keys to work backwards from what they currently do?
I just installed the plugin and noticed the navigation is a bit wonky as well.

When using the standard guide and on Channel 10, if I press down on the remote, I'm then sitting on Channel 11. In your Guide, when I press down, it moves the whole guide down which is the equivalent of pressing up in the regular guide. If I press down in your mini guide, the whole list should move up one.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Khristopher; 01-28-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

In the existing miniguide, as well as AMG, pressing down in the mini guide goes to the same channel that pressing channel down would goto. So from channel 10, if you press down it will goto channel 9.

This is what some people are asking for to change - they want pressing down to goto channel 11 instead.

Which way the list moves currently is dependent on which way it is displayed - it moves whichever direction it needs to so that the new focus channel gets the focus.

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

....and just to be clear, I love the plugin even if I have to adjust my own habits!

Thanks for you hard work!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Version 1.1 is now available on the download page.

Please note that it won't install nicely over version 1.0. You will need to start with a version of SageMC that doesn't already have the AMG imported.

Top post is updated.

btl.
Please forgive a newb question, but what's the best way to do this without deleting/re-installing SageMC if we have already imported v1.0 of AMG?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

When you installed the AMG the STV you are running was renamed. So for instance, assuming you are just running SageMC and the AMG (no other imports) then you have two .xml files in your SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/ directory : SageMC_169.xml, and SageMC_169-1.xml. The "-1" version is the one with AMG loaded - while the other is the original. So just load back up the original (via the "Load STV" button) and then import the new AMG - this will create a SageMC_169-2.xml file.

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

btl, thank you for fixing the ability to adjust font sizes. Looks great. Keep up the good work.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
When you installed the AMG the STV you are running was renamed. So for instance, assuming you are just running SageMC and the AMG (no other imports) then you have two .xml files in your SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/ directory : SageMC_169.xml, and SageMC_169-1.xml. The "-1" version is the one with AMG loaded - while the other is the original. So just load back up the original (via the "Load STV" button) and then import the new AMG - this will create a SageMC_169-2.xml file.

btl.
Got it. Thanks again for your hard work.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Was an AMG virgin until last night. Installed it easily and love the addition to my system. Thanks for your hard work!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Title width

Minor suggestion:

Is it possible to change it so that the Show Title for the channel that has the focus spans the entire width of the miniguid instead of being to the right of the Channel Logo? This would allow more space for the title.

The problem is that most of the time the title is cut off only on the channel with the focus. The 4 above and 4 below show more characters of the show's title than does the focused channel. So what I wind up doing is ignoring the channel in focus and looking at the other 8 channels so that I can see the title.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It doesnt look like you had a chance to fix this in the 1.1 release. I would like to stress that the way we are asking it to work is pretty much the way most guide display by default; and, is considered "normal", not reverse (nor, a feature). Such as the main Guide for SageTV. It's very standard for channels to be listed from smallest to greatest from top to bottom... and the arrow keys should move up and down as expected.
I second mkanet's request. If you have a channel above your current channel on the mini guide, pushing up should go to that channel regardless if it is higher or lower. In addition, almost all channel guides I have seen having channels increasing as you move down in the guide. This is what makes most sense to me.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
OK, I change my vote. I had not tried the miniguide in "inverted" mode. When pressing up on the remote, the focus should go to whatever channel is just above the channel that has the focus, whether the channel number is greater or not.

Sorry to be flaky.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

The Normal/Inverted option simply needs to change the way the guide flips.

In Normal mode, when you press UP on the remote, the guide should move up therefore increasing the channel. When you press DOWN, the guide should move down therefore decreasing the channel.

In Inverted mode, when you press UP on the remote, the guide should move DOWN therefore decreasing the channel (just like navigation in the normal guide happens). When you press DOWN, the guide should move UP, increasing the channel.

Now I have no idea if this is even possible, and I'll use the MiniGuide regardless, but hopefully this makes it easier to understand exactly what people are looking for.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
The Normal/Inverted option simply needs to change the way the guide flips.

In Normal mode, when you press UP on the remote, the guide should move up therefore increasing the channel. When you press DOWN, the guide should move down therefore decreasing the channel.

In Inverted mode, when you press UP on the remote, the guide should move DOWN therefore decreasing the channel (just like navigation in the normal guide happens). When you press DOWN, the guide should move UP, increasing the channel.

Now I have no idea if this is even possible, and I'll use the MiniGuide regardless, but hopefully this makes it easier to understand exactly what people are looking for.
That seems like the way I would see it as well.

Last edited by Berg; 01-29-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

The next release of SageMC will let you configure which direction UP and DOWN go in all of the mini-guides. The AMG will still support either an Ascending or Descending channel presentation (which I'll rename once the core SageMC supports this) - so then you can get whatever behaviour you want out of it.

I think the problem most people have with this concept is that fixed focus list navigation can be very confusing. We are used to moving the selection bar around - not leaving the selection bar in one spot while we move the list behind it.

btl.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since I have never used Studio, this is only me thinking out loud, and please forgive me if I just don't understand.

Rather than actually inverting the guide data (depending on which mode is selected like you have it now: Normal/Inverted), could it not be setup to simply move the guide in the opposite way? For example, in "Inverted" mode, interpret a DOWN press as being UP?