SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

it's gotta be the face plate for IR -- I'm expecting new stock to be available very soon.

Last edited by salsbst; 02-02-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst View Post
it's gotta be the face plate for IR -- I'm expecting new stock to be available very soon.
I agree, my guess is they were holding final assembly of the units until the IR fix was finished so that the next batch would have the fixed IR panel.

Now that the panel's out it should be soon I would think. I need one more for my bedroom.

I sent in my request for the new IR panel just now.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Sage Expert

Did Sage actually tell someone "early February" or did Sage say "February" and we've turned it into "early February"?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Did Sage actually tell someone "early February" or did Sage say "February" and we've turned it into "early February"?
Probably both!

I'm thinking, what with the IR fix and all.. that it was wise for them to delay that second shipment until the fixes were applied, assuming it was delayed at all! We are all anxious to get more.. which is a good thing.. but imagine how much we'd all complain if this second batch contained known issues that the first batch also had. Anytime in February is good.. maybe they will release it on a Friday as this February is a very rare February in that has a total of 5 Fridays to choose from!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Sage Expert

I just cannot find where Sage said "early". In the end, any of those 5 Friday's would be nice. I'm just trying to deal with the anticipation.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm just trying to deal with the anticipation.
Why am I having flashbacks to old Heinz ketchup commercials?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe we should start another "offical" waiting line
Old 02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Why am I having flashbacks to old Heinz ketchup commercials?
It went through my mind as I wrote the last post...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I received an e-mail from Sage stating that the HD100 would be available in February. I think this thread turned it into early February.

I believe we are all being optimistic and hopeful.

BTW, I am buying 4 more so stand back!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

I think they should have a priority waiting list for those who are members here. You know, like how band fan club members get first crack at presale concert tickets?

I don't even have one yet so I am that much more anxious... plan on buying two, ditching satellite and going entirely OTA with my HDHR that is arriving sometime today and my first HDTV (which my wife just called to confirm arrived 10 minutes ago!) Today is like Christmas for me... I can't wait to get home from work. The only thing that would make it better would be for the HD Extenders to be restocked today!

Does anyone know if the new shipment will be a V2.0, as in, will all firmware changes be incorporated, the new faceplate, and any other recommendations? Or will this just be another batch of the same unit that sold out the first time?

Last edited by pjpjpjpj; 02-07-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Added the last thought...
Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

They surely will go fast...I don't have one yet either...but plan to order 3 when back in stock...

I had never heard of Sage back when the first back came out...but read the blog review and got curious (had Vista MC then). By the time I downloaded the Sage Trial and was convinced the ditch VMC...they were out of stock.

Now I have Sage with SageMC all setup and it is so great...and gorgeous with the latest Sage MC.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well its a Friday.
I didn't get an email from Sage, and there aren't any announcements here.
Gonna wait another week
Source(1): DirecTV H21, HD-PVR (E1) driver 1.5.7
Source(2): HDHomeRun, Winegard GS-2200
Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I think they should have a priority waiting list for those who are members here. You know, like how band fan club members get first crack at presale concert tickets?
I'll second that - but sort by forum join date (or purchase date, same month for me)
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
Quote:
I'll second that - but sort by forum join date (or purchase date, same month for me)
Well I hope they make more than the amount that people posting here need.

Okay, I admit, this was just an obligatory "bump" for this thread. Anyone heard anything yet? Anyone? (cue crickets chirping...)
Old 02-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well I hope they make more than the amount that people posting here need.

Okay, I admit, this was just an obligatory "bump" for this thread. Anyone heard anything yet? Anyone? (cue crickets chirping...)
I heard.. hopefully in February!

We heard that a while ago.. and with February nearly half over, that means, if they are correct in their hoping.. it shouldn't be more than a couple weeks from now!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan to me.
Actually I think the list should be formed on something like this......

username=waynedunham
Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

I have a friend of mine that's a PC components distributer who told me that he's seeing a ton of delays on motherboards and other parts coming from China due to the bad weather they had earlier in the month. Their "infrastructure" isn't very hardened compared to ours, and it's hosed up a lot of electronics shipments.

I'm not sure if SageTV's vendor is in China or some other far eastern country, but odds are if it's in China things got hosed. My friend says that Malaysian and Singaporean stuff didn't get hosed, so maybe something else is going on if it's made there.
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

It would be nice if we could get an official word from Sage on when the HD Extenders will be available. So come on already....give us poor souls an update! Are we going to be delayed into March?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I emailed sales on Monday (2/11). They responded the next day saying that a new shipment will be in late February.