SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I mainly use sage to time shift TV shows for me. I never watch shows live on my TV anymore, I always watch them on my client PC while I'm reading email, browsing and downloading files from the web.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Expert

I watch all my TV through it any more (outside of the morning news before work). I started with an old PC attached to my TV, then the HDTV and receiver. Thanks to Sage that old PC has become one of the most used in the house, (and most upgraded). It has all my music, pictures, and videos.
I'm slowly working on placeshifter to let me watch from my laptop but there's been some "issues" with that I need to figure out, but the web server add on has been working well though.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage is our main way of watching TV. I have a plasma display with no tuner. Sage is it. I do have a VCR but have not turned it on in well over a year. Only time we watch on the computer, is via placeshifter on the laptop when traveling.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gotta Be Sage

I can't stand commercials. I also want to watch what I want, when I want. My cable company has 'on-demand' service, but it's especially hard to find 'kid friendly' TV.
I have HBO, Cinemax, Showtime etc. which is great for me and the wife, but language is a problem even for rated PG shows.
The cable networks show a fair amount of good movies, but they stretch a 2 hour movie out to 3 hours with commercials! Comskip dumps the commercials and the networks dump the foul language.

I also enjoy the weather channel with Sage - it used to be very frustrating to miss the local forcast. Now I just flip to the weather channel and hit record, then watch something else for a while. When I flip back I can just FF to the local forcast/radar/satellite. (I actually do this for my wife who prefers this over the Weather Suite for some reason).

I also like the Music function as of version 6. It is much improved.

My server is in the living room with a 42" LCD monitor. I have a client in our bedroom with a 17" LCD. I hope to put together another client for the basement this weekend.

I do occasionally watch something on my laptop via Nielm's web interface and have played a little with using Orb and my Treo 700w.

Last edited by scoful; 08-17-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage User

Like Yooper, it's mostly for travel.

I have a Dish dual tuner high def DVR to handle the normal Tv watching. It's OK. I used to have Tivo model 1 heavily hacked, but no longer use it. I love the interface, but it won't do high def and Sage replaces the regular def.

I travel a lot and use it for streaming to hotel rooms I'm staying in. I don't use it over the EVDO wireless since it is against the user agreement, and I don't want to be shut down at some point in the future. I love taking TV shows I recorded during the week, converting them to video ipod format and watching them on plane trips and in the airport. That's my most used feature.