SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twieder View Post
No -I didn't intent to change any of the sizes. I will have to review the code & see what theme element I included inadvertently...
I have the latest versions of SageMC and this import but the info font is too big and the only way to resize is is to change the Main UI font. Is there a separate setting for this?

Mariusz

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Sage User

Trouble installing.

Hi,

I am having problems installing this STVi. I couldn't make it work under Sage 6.2.6 so I upgraded to the latest (6.2.8). I then reinstalled SageMC (6.3.3c), and finally, installed the most current SageMC Enhancements. I am running in server mode and I shut it down during all the installations.

I'm pretty sure I followed the directions correctly:
1. Started with the default STV
2. Changed to SageMC
3. Exited Sage
4. Loaded SageMC Enhancements STVi
5. Exited Sage

When I reload and go to My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Extras, it is completely blank. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks for the help,
-Allen
Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen View Post
Hi,

I am having problems installing this STVi. I couldn't make it work under Sage 6.2.6 so I upgraded to the latest (6.2.8). I then reinstalled SageMC (6.3.3c), and finally, installed the most current SageMC Enhancements. I am running in server mode and I shut it down during all the installations.

I'm pretty sure I followed the directions correctly:
1. Started with the default STV
2. Changed to SageMC
3. Exited Sage
4. Loaded SageMC Enhancements STVi
5. Exited Sage

When I reload and go to My Menu -> Settings -> SageMC -> Extras, it is completely blank. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks for the help,
-Allen
Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been down with medical issues and haven't had an opportunity to check in. I'll check this out tonight with the 6.3.3c and let you know if there is a solution or if I'll need more info.

-tw
Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Sage User

Hi twieder,

Thanks for the reply. For some strange reason- I got it to work. I have no idea what fixed it, but it is working. It definitely improves on an already great STV.

Thanks for your work on it!

-Allen
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Sage User

Menu text overwrites itself

Twieder,

Actually, I do have a question. When I go to Recorded TV, the text at the bottom of the screen overwrites itself. It appears that it is trying to jam too much information into the space next to the icon. I have attached a screenshot. Do you know how I can "turn off" some of the information on the bottom?

Thanks,
Allen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage.jpg (99.9 KB, 377 views)
Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen View Post
Twieder,

Actually, I do have a question. When I go to Recorded TV, the text at the bottom of the screen overwrites itself. It appears that it is trying to jam too much information into the space next to the icon. I have attached a screenshot. Do you know how I can "turn off" some of the information on the bottom?

Thanks,
Allen
I also would like the option to turn off all of the changes to the way the program information is displayed. I like all the other added GUI improvements, but I prefer the standard way episode information is displayed in the guide and the recorded TV listings.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I also would like the option to turn off all of the changes to the way the program information is displayed. I like all the other added GUI improvements, but I prefer the standard way episode information is displayed in the guide and the recorded TV listings.
FYI: some of the enhancements will be included in the next SageMC version

Dirk
Old 09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sweet, I was actually going to ask you in the other thread if you were planning on including these enhancements, and I am glad to hear that you will be including some of them.

I can't wait to see the next version.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Sage User

Thanks

Dirk,

Thanks- looking forward to it!
-Allen
Old 10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Going to be updated for SageMC 6.3.4+

Just wondering if the enchancements will be updated to work with SageMC 6.3.4+. I know some of the features were put diretly in SageMC...

Thanks for the great work!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfisk View Post
Just wondering if the enchancements will be updated to work with SageMC 6.3.4+. I know some of the features were put diretly in SageMC...

Thanks for the great work!
Dirk has done a fantastic job integrating most of these enhancements into the core STV. I will be putting together some individual enhancements (thumbnails come to mind) when I have the chance. What other pieces would you like to see?

-tw
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbnails and the extended meta data information is what I miss most.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Dirk has done a fantastic job integrating most of these enhancements into the core STV. I will be putting together some individual enhancements (thumbnails come to mind) when I have the chance. What other pieces would you like to see?

-tw

Ooooh - I would love to have a powerful global search function similar to MCE. If I need to find any media on my HTPC - whether it is a TV show (recorded or upcoming, a movie, a song, an artist, an album, a photo, etc etc.) I want to be able to just go to one screen and enter a search string in there and have the result come back grouped by type.

There is something similar to this in SageMC/STV at the moment but my problem is: cant access as a separate menu item in home menu (cant add it to the dynamic menus either, couldnt find the screen in the list) and all search results come back individually (i.e. I do a search for Yield to find Pearl Jam's album - Yield and it comes back with a list of all the songs on Yield listed individually so if I want to play the whole album I have to add each song individually).

Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Sage User

Question Questions on install

I noticed that when unzipping the program it wanted to overwrite a newer file.

df_sageutils.jar

old file in the install file is dated 2/19/2007

and current file is dated 2/22/2008 Almost a year newer

Should I overwrite the file or not?

Are the enhancements compatible with the latest versions of:
SageTV V6.3.10
SagMC V6.3.7a

Thanks for the help,
Andrew
Old 04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage User

info page problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
One more thing is the the info page for shows doesn't look complete and the font appears to be huge on the info screen.
Was there some kind of a fix for this? On mine, the info page still looks wrong -- overlapping panels, fonts too big, etc. I really like the episode title in the recorded list [the main reason I would like to use it], but for what it does to the info page, I can't justify using it. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Sage User

So after no response to my reply I installed it and that was a big mistake because of the issues you had below. I had to reinstall SageMC and then import all my plugins again (what a hassle). Almost all the enhancements that this plugin provided are now in the current version of SageMC. Like no line numbers - that is is in the settings of SageMC.

For shows with titles that is available when shows are grouped. So example the folder might say "Scrubs" but when you select it the titles are there for each show. This is in the current SageMC.

I wish there was a warning message on this plugin NOT VALID WITH CURRENT SAGEMC - THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN ABANDONED NO FURTHER SUPPORT PROVIDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSlade View Post
Was there some kind of a fix for this? On mine, the info page still looks wrong -- overlapping panels, fonts too big, etc. I really like the episode title in the recorded list [the main reason I would like to use it], but for what it does to the info page, I can't justify using it. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage User

Andrew,

These were just changes I had on my own personal setup that I tried to share, and Dirk saw the value and made them standard options in the newer SageMC installs.

I will go in and mark it 'NO LONGER NEEDED', unless I can come up with some other 'enhancements' to replace the old ones with. I have to say, though, there are very few things I am changing these days.

-tw
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Andrew,

These were just changes I had on my own personal setup that I tried to share, and Dirk saw the value and made them standard options in the newer SageMC installs.

I will go in and mark it 'NO LONGER NEEDED', unless I can come up with some other 'enhancements' to replace the old ones with. I have to say, though, there are very few things I am changing these days.

-tw
I still would like to see the episode title in the un-grouped recorded list -- I think that was one of the best features....
Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

That's actually the one feature I miss most from this import. I really liked having the episode title there when there is no group.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
That's actually the one feature I miss most from this import. I really liked having the episode title there when there is no group.
Alright....when I have two minutes to rub together I'll see what I can do...

-tw