SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was using the Java that came with SageTV (downloaded a few days ago), and that was version 1.4 something. I updated Java to 1.6, and I have the same problem. I am now testing the version that I am running with SageMC on the Windows Home Server (standard version of SageMC, not the WHS version). I have restarted the computer since I installed the newer version of Java. I am running SageTV as a service.

I still have the same problem. Stock SageTV, WHS, Java 1.6. I have the add-ins of Dynamic Menus, Comskip, and Google Calendar. I noticed that my sageclient.properties and sage.properties file did not have the Google Calendar variables, so I added them in and I do show the data from Google, but I cannot read them, due to the overlay problem. I also didn't make any attempt to change the background file, since I don't know where it is and which file to edit.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

It looks like you might be having a little bit of confusion about SageTV vs. SageMC. SageTV is the base software that you purchased. The default UI that it comes with is defined by the SageTV3.xml file. However there are other user-generated interfaces available. One of these is SageMC. This started as an attempt to clone the Windows Media Center interface but has grown significantly from there. This alternate interface (or STV in SageTV jargon) must be downloaded separately. Once installed, you can enable the SageMC UI by loading (Not importing) SageMC_169.xml. From your comments, it sounds like you are trying to get this plugin to work with the default UI.

Can you try importing just the GoogleCalendar_SageTV3.STVi file into the stock SageTV3 STV with no other plugins installed? If it works that way, then it is possible that there may be a strange interaction with one of the other plugins. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Thanks for clarifying SaegTV and Sage MC

I was getting VERY confused until I saw that. Sage calls it's software SageTV Media Center which was confusing me. Anyway, I now have Sage MC 6.3 loaded and Google Calendar installed, however it doesn't appear to be loading or saving any calendar information. None of my previous events are listed and when I try to add one, it seems to take the entry with no errors, but it doesn't show up.

Any ideas? It's a great program. I'm sure I'm just missing something very simple. BTW, I have Java 1.6 as well as the latest SageTV Beta release.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunn30341 View Post
I was getting VERY confused until I saw that. Sage calls it's software SageTV Media Center which was confusing me. Anyway, I now have Sage MC 6.3 loaded and Google Calendar installed, however it doesn't appear to be loading or saving any calendar information. None of my previous events are listed and when I try to add one, it seems to take the entry with no errors, but it doesn't show up.

Any ideas? It's a great program. I'm sure I'm just missing something very simple. BTW, I have Java 1.6 as well as the latest SageTV Beta release.

Thanks,

Mike
Did you enter your full e-mail address and password in the properties file? Note that you have to shutdown SageTV first or the changes won't take.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Sage User

It's working now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Did you enter your full e-mail address and password in the properties file? Note that you have to shutdown SageTV first or the changes won't take.

Aloha,
Mike
That did it. Thanks. Works like a charm now!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Mike,
now that I got my SageMC issues straightened out, I got a Google Calender question. When I import it and go to SageMC options/extras, the Google Calander Options menu item has no selection graphic. I also can not get it to show on the Main Menu.

The version of the sagemc.jar in the download seems to be old, and breaks the new version of SageMC.

Last edited by kricker; 01-28-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Mike,
now that I got my SageMC issues straightened out, I got a Google Calender question. When I import it and go to SageMC options/extras, the Google Calander Options menu item has no selection graphic. I also can not get it to show on the Main Menu.

The version of the sagemc.jar in the download seems to be old, and breaks the new version of SageMC.
Yup, thanks Karl.

I'll get an update out for this as soon as I get the major kinks worked out in the current SageMC release. It's nice to know someone besides me actually uses this plugin.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
You replaced the current sagemc.jar with the older one? AFAIK, you should almost always keep the latest version of a JAR when you are adding imports.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's nice to know someone besides me actually uses this plugin.

Aloha,
Mike
I still use it in the default STV. It works great. The only thing that doesn't work for me is when I look at a single day. Only my first calendar shows up, the other four only show up in full month mode. But I don't care I love it.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Well, cause I guess I don't take the time to check the actual file versions contained in each import. The instructions usually say extract and copy, so I do
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance you could also use the Yahoo Calander? I like it a little better, and my dad who has AT&T has it as a default.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Sage User

Question No calendar button in main menu

I've installed SageMC and Google Calendar but I cannot get it to show the Calendar icon in the main menu as I beleive it should. I've looked in the calendar settings from the extras menu and "Show Main Menu button" is Enabled.
Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? Or advise how to add the button into the main menu ?

Thanks
Simon

should of said that I'm initially trying this on SageTV on the server.

Last edited by simonk1969; 02-16-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I've installed this on SageMC (not default).

Using the instructions at the beginning of this thread, I thought I was supposed to edit the properties file at that time.
When I did that I didn't see any googlecalendar properties in there. So I loaded SageTV back up and imported the plugin.
Then I shut everything down again and saw some of the google calendar properties there (in my case in the SageTVClient properties). There was not a line for the username or password as I expected so I added them and it seemed to work. Is it normal to have to add those two lines manually? From the instructions I assumed they should have been there already.

Another question. When you go to the one-day calendar view, how do you return to the month-view? When I go to the one-day view the only way I can exit the page is to do a "home" which takes me to the home page of SageMC.

Thanks,
Old 02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk1969 View Post
I've installed SageMC and Google Calendar but I cannot get it to show the Calendar icon in the main menu as I beleive it should. I've looked in the calendar settings from the extras menu and "Show Main Menu button" is Enabled.
Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? Or advise how to add the button into the main menu ?

Thanks
Simon

should of said that I'm initially trying this on SageTV on the server.
The main menu icon is broken until I can get a new compatibility update released. It hopefully won't take too much longer. I'm working on several different things at once right now. In the mean time you can link to the Calendar menu through a Custom menu item or createing a dynamic menu item.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've installed this on SageMC (not default).

Using the instructions at the beginning of this thread, I thought I was supposed to edit the properties file at that time.
When I did that I didn't see any googlecalendar properties in there. So I loaded SageTV back up and imported the plugin.
Then I shut everything down again and saw some of the google calendar properties there (in my case in the SageTVClient properties). There was not a line for the username or password as I expected so I added them and it seemed to work. Is it normal to have to add those two lines manually? From the instructions I assumed they should have been there already.

Another question. When you go to the one-day calendar view, how do you return to the month-view? When I go to the one-day view the only way I can exit the page is to do a "home" which takes me to the home page of SageMC.

Thanks,
Hi Brent,

For now you have to enter the properties manually. Dirk and I have a few ideas for improvements, but we have't had time to work on them yet.

You can back out of the daily planner menu using either the left arrow (if left as back is enabled) or using the back button.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
The main menu icon is broken until I can get a new compatibility update released. It hopefully won't take too much longer. I'm working on several different things at once right now. In the mean time you can link to the Calendar menu through a Custom menu item or createing a dynamic menu item.

Aloha,
Mike
I'm trying to figure out how to modify the Play DVD option in the main menu to point to the calendar instead but I'm not getting very far !

I've managed to right click on the main menu and rename Play DVD to Calendar but I cannot figure out how to point it to the calendar.

Any help gratefully appreciated
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Right click and delete Play DVD. Then right-click-New-Internal screen. Scroll until you find the Google Calendar. After you choose it you may need to move it up or down on the menu list. Right-click on it Edit Menu-Move up/down. Remember to right-click File-Save when you are done.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Right click and delete Play DVD. Then right-click-New-Internal screen. Scroll until you find the Google Calendar. After you choose it you may need to move it up or down on the menu list. Right-click on it Edit Menu-Move up/down. Remember to right-click File-Save when you are done.

Gerry
Thanks for the above help, I've now got my Calendar button

However the calendar is blank !

I've got the user name and password in the sage.properties file, I've set up a google calendar and added entries

If someone could have a look at the attached log and advise what is wrong that would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (36.6 KB, 463 views)
Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk1969 View Post
Thanks for the above help, I've now got my Calendar button However the calendar is blank !

I've got the user name and password in the sage.properties file, I've set up a google calendar and added entries
Just to be sure, check your sage.properties file and make sure you used this format for username:
username@gmail.com
It must have the "@gmail.com" in the username.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Just to be sure, check your sage.properties file and make sure you used this format for username:
username@gmail.com
It must have the "@gmail.com" in the username.
I don't have a gmail account but I assume this was just an example the two lines in the file as as below, obviously replacing the *'s with my password. This is exactly what I use to access the calendar on google calendars.

google_calendar/password=********
google_calendar/user=simon@king-home.co.uk