SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Google Calendar v0.4 now available!

Hi Everyone,

Here is another update to the Google Calendar plugin (download here).

We made significant changes and improvements in this version, hence the version jump from v0.2 to v0.4 (Hey, if sage can do it, why can't we? ) We hope you like it!

Also, we are looking into moving the username/password out of the sage.properties file to a separate location for the next version.

Aloha,
Mike

Changelog:

v 0.4 (5/23/2007)

- We completely reworked how events are handled under the hood. (The most obvious result is there is no longer a need for the 24hr event format setting.)
- Added support for up to 6 events in each time slot in the daily planner screen.
- End time/date for multiday events is now displayed properly. (For now, multiday events are still only shown on the day and in the time slot in which they begin.)
- Changed the event background color display so that the text for each event has its own background color.
- Added scaling (pgup/pgdn keys) and restore default size/location (stop key) for main menu icon.
- Added animated main menu icon when calendar icon is focused. (uses hover_calendar.png)
- Numerous small cosmetic changes.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can this be imported over an existing installation?

I ask because when I updated to .2 from .1, I think I had two copies. When I went to move the calendar icon to the other side of the screen, I ended up with an icon on both sides. I reimported into a fresh xml and everything was fine.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato View Post
Can this be imported over an existing installation?

I ask because when I updated to .2 from .1, I think I had two copies. When I went to move the calendar icon to the other side of the screen, I ended up with an icon on both sides. I reimported into a fresh xml and everything was fine.
Re-importing over an existing installation is not supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just imported v.04 over v.02. I now have 2 instances of google calendar options in the sagemc extra menu. What is the correct way to load this?
Thanks.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
I just imported v.04 over v.02. I now have 2 instances of google calendar options in the sagemc extra menu. What is the correct way to load this?
Thanks.
Go back to your original SageMC STV or to the one that didn't have Google calendar installed. Each time you import a Sage STVI it will increment the number of the STV: -1, -2 -3, etc. Look and see which one you are using or just go back to your original SageMC169.xml and import the new version there. And then import anything else that is now missing.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nice update. I especially like that each event's background is colored since most days have more than one event.

Also, most of my events are all day events. When I select a day
with an all day event (or events), the all day event field in the daily planner is blank. Aren't the events suppose to be listed here?

Thanks

Also, I just noticed the sunrise/sunset times are funny. Some days look right, some wrong. For instance, this week (starting on 5/28) is 6:00/8:16, 5:27/8:49, 5:26/8:50, 5:56/8:19 (5/31), 5:25/8:51, 5:24/8:52. 5/28 and 5/31 do not look right.

I'm using zip code 97239, which I had to add to the zip_codes file. You could also use 97201 to check.

Last edited by jcato; 05-28-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato View Post
Nice update. I especially like that each event's background is colored since most days have more than one event.

Also, most of my events are all day events. When I select a day
with an all day event (or events), the all day event field in the daily planner is blank. Aren't the events suppose to be listed here?

Thanks
Are your all-day events in your default calendar, or are they in additional calendars? The Daily Planner screen only shows events in your default calendar for now since those are the only ones that can be edited.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Are your all-day events in your default calendar, or are they in additional calendars? The Daily Planner screen only shows events in your default calendar for now since those are the only ones that can be edited.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep, they are in additional calendars. I don't really need to have them in the daily planner if that's a difficult thing to add.

Thanks for looking into it!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

the newest SageMC and this have different versions of SageMC.jar, is that going to be a problem?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
the newest SageMC and this have different versions of SageMC.jar, is that going to be a problem?
Nope, the new one contains some functionality which is not used yet, so both versions are compatible.

Dirk
Old 06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Hey,

I've been having a problem with this since the beginning. I kind of gave up but want to give it another shot. I am basically not getting any information to show up in the calendar. No events or even holidays. My password and username is right (i use the @gmail.com for username). I've never used the google calendar before so maybe a setting in there?
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
Hey,

I've been having a problem with this since the beginning. I kind of gave up but want to give it another shot. I am basically not getting any information to show up in the calendar. No events or even holidays. My password and username is right (i use the @gmail.com for username). I've never used the google calendar before so maybe a setting in there?
thanks,
Juc
Hi JUC,

Here are a couple things to check:

1. This plugin requires SageTV v6.x, Java 1.6 or higher, and SageMC v6.3.x. Do you meet those minimum requirements?

2. Silly question, but have you set up a Google Calendar account online? Additional calendars, including holidays must be added online directly through the Google web interface.

If these don't address your problems, could you post a debug log file? (The instructions are linked in flachbar's signature two posts up)

Also, is this on your MVP or on a full client?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

mike,

thanks for the suggestions.

I meet all of the first requirements.
I also have a google calendar account setup. I can see the holidays in the calendar and have also setup an event. Neither are showing up.

I won't be able to post a debut log until tomorrow but will do so when i can (maybe later tonigth).
thanks,
Juc

Edit: hey-my debug is 3.5mb! and I can't post it here. Anyplace else?

Alright--restarted sage and the log is smaller. let me know if this is alright.

Edit again: here is my properties file too...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (119.6 KB, 144 views)
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Last edited by JUC; 06-04-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

Mike,

Any thoughts on this one yet?
Thanks,
juc

Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike,

Any thoughts on this one yet?
Thanks,
juc
Hi JUC,

It doesn't look like you entered the calendar screen after restarting sage. There don't seem to be any entries in your log file for the calendar. Could you restart sage, go to the calendar screen, exit sage and then post the log file?

Also, I don't see any google calendar properties in your properties file besides the name and password (which by the way you should change to something bogus in the file you posted to protect the innocent). Are you running the calendar plugin on your MVP? If so, I believe you have to add the name and password lines to your MVP's property file (named by MAC address in the clients folder).

If you are running this on your MVP, it might be worth trying to get it working on your server first.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

Mike,

Ya-this is on the server. Here is my properties file again. I do see other calendar lines but I think there definately is a problem. My log file is 2mb. If i start to click around in the calendar is grows really large. How can I get this log to you?
Thanks,
Juc
Attached Files
File Type: txt juc's sage.txt (78.8 KB, 193 views)

Old 06-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

GOT IT WORKING!!! Could be combo of a few things. I messed up the username/password entry and I was also getting a ton of java errors so i reinstalled java and that fixed the problem. Great.
Thanks,
Juc

Old 06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike,

Ya-this is on the server. Here is my properties file again. I do see other calendar lines but I think there definately is a problem. My log file is 2mb. If i start to click around in the calendar is grows really large. How can I get this log to you?
Thanks,
Juc
Hi JUC,

If you zip up the log file it should easily be small enough to post here.

Also, your name and password lines in this properties file are:

Code:
google_calendar_password=yoyoyo
google_calendar_user=jjjj@gmail.com
They should be

Code:
google_calendar/password=yoyoyo
google_calendar/user=jjjj@gmail.com
See if that helps.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: I see you fixed it while I was typing. Great!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Alright--now that I have this working, here come the questions.
So--i want to have it set up like in the screenshots so the whole 'day' is highlighted if there is an event/holiday. As it is now, only the wording is highlighted. Here's a pic. How would I set it up like in the screenshots on the first page? I searched in the settings but think I am probably missing something or it is on the google calendar page.
Thanks,
juc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar.JPG (327.0 KB, 186 views)

Old 06-04-2007, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Alright--now that I have this working, here come the questions.
So--i want to have it set up like in the screenshots so the whole 'day' is highlighted if there is an event/holiday. As it is now, only the wording is highlighted. Here's a pic. How would I set it up like in the screenshots on the first page? I searched in the settings but think I am probably missing something or it is on the google calendar page.
Thanks,
juc
Hehehe...

Having just the text background highlighted is 'new and improved' functionality, or so I thought. I eliminated the full background highlight because it would only show the color for the first event listed. With the current behavior, events from each calendar will show the background color defined for that calendar. If you want, I can look into adding back the old display style as an option for the next release. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike