SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Black screen when tool bar installed?

The calendar is certainly a cool add-on. I did, however, run into a snag….

When I install the calendar there is no main menu icon, but the calendar works if I add a menu item for it. If I turn off dynamic menus, the main menu icon appears and the calendar works from it as well.

When I install the toolbar, however, the calendar no longer works with dynamic menus enabled. Instead I get a black screen. If I turn off dynamic menus, the calendar works but there is a line on the top of the screen saying “c:\Program Files\Sage TV\SageTV\STVs\Sage TV3\SageMCE” on the main screen.

I re-installed it all from scratch and got the same results. What gives?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll take a look at it when I have the time.

BTW, Ending your request with the words 'What gives?' when you are asking me to volunteer my time is very bad form. It is on my top five list of pet peeves just behind people speeding up to close the gap when I turn on my blinker to change lanes.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 03-24-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post

SNIP......

When I install the calendar there is no main menu icon, but the calendar works if I add a menu item for it. If I turn off dynamic menus, the main menu icon appears and the calendar works from it as well.

END SNIP ....
I have a similar problem. The main menu icon is only available if I disable dynamic menus although if works fine with a menu item. When I click to see a day detail, the event items are so grayed that they fail into my black background. Even when highlighted with the green bar, they are almost invisible. Is there an option to change the event daily display properties?

Thanks for the great work on this, the stuff I'm taking about is minor....
Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

trouble getting it to show events/data

I can't seem to get the calendar plugin to work. It doesn't show any data. I had it working earlier but I ended up getting a new computer and upgraded to the latest version of sagetv that came out in the past day. The username is set to my gmail email address and the password is right. I am not quite sure what else to check
Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Calendar Menu Item Does Not Show?

I am running SageTV and the MC plugins (all current versions). And I have tried from a client as well as right on the machine running the service, following these instructions:

2: With SageTV shut down, open the sage.properties (or sageclient.properties) file and add the following lines and save:

google_calendar/user= ######
google_calendar/password= ######
(Enter your Google Calendar login information in place of the pound signs)

3. Start SageTV and navigate to Import STVi under the Setup menu in SageMC.

4. Import GoogleCalendar_SageMC_6.3.4+.xml

And even after restarting the service and restarting either a remote or local client, I still dont see the "Calendar" menu item?

Am I missing something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (228.3 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (153.6 KB, 217 views)
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

You need to edit the main menu to add an internal screen for the calendar. Good luck getting the plugin to work, since I couldn't
Old 01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

This plugin is extremely out of date. If I ever get a chance, I should really do a complete ground up rewrite. Maybe I'll do that when I write a Phoenix compatible version someday...

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage User

Should I assume then that it does not work any longer with the current SageTVMC releases?

Or, how would I do this? assuming this is the only issue.

"You need to edit the main menu to add an internal screen for the calendar."

Thanks for any help you can offer
Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Its been a while since I've done it so I don't remember it step-by-step, but if you're in SageMC, right-click the main menu and there is an option there to edit or customize it. Then from there you can add a new menu item, link it to internal screen - calendar or google calendar. Make sure you save the menu file from within those options.