SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:35 PM

FireFly Remote dose work infact I did review on it check on shspvr.com under Review or click on News button
Old 05-25-2004, 02:54 PM

NewEgg.com has the Harmony SST-688 remotes at a decent price. The black SST-688 is currrently $150. Newegg also has the Grey/Silver SST-688 for $155. These are pretty good prices considering the remote's abilities for home theater environments.

I haven't bought one myself yet, since my MX500 is working out so well. I may get one to replace my wife's universal remote. But I thought I'd point this out since they've been brought up several times in this thread/forum.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Why did this thread die?
I'm thinking of ordering 5 or so 6631's.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Firefly

I'm pretty much a simpleton when it comes to girder and such so I opted for the firefly. It works great, I only wish someone would make a sage alternative to the application that accompanies it.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Anyone try a Logitech Harmony SST-676 or 688 remote?

Last edited by bizarro; 11-02-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage User

I personally like the Directv Tivo remote. Perfect shape and it only costs about 5 bucks on ebay.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro
Anyone try a Logitech Harmony SST-676 or 688 remote?
low battery life
Old 11-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Linkster,
How did you get the volume up & down to work on the Directivo remote? I have a couple of them and would like to use one, but have had problems setting it up. I'm stuck with a silver Hauppauge remote now.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 11-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
How did you get the volume up & down to work on the Directivo remote? I have a couple of them and would like to use one, but have had problems setting it up.
Rob
The volume buttons may not have an IR signal associated with them. You can program the remote by going to the Tivo Support page. You'll then have to map them to the volume commands in Sage. Also, I have the switch on the remote set to TV and not SAT.

Though, I don't use the volume buttons to control the Sage volume. I use the power and volume buttons on the remote to control the power and volume on my receiver, and I have the power IR command mapped to Sage sleep and wake.

Last edited by linkster99; 11-02-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:43 AM

Question Question about Media Center hardware

I'm having a little problem using my Media Center remote control and I was wondering if I could please get some assistance. I have the following hardware/software:

MCE remote with included Microsoft IR receiver
Windows XP SP2
Sage TV 2.1
Girder 3.2
Sage TV Girder file
MCE Remote plugin for Girder

Please note I am no longer using MS Media Center software, but I do want to use the hardware if at all possible.

From another post from "andrewswright", I'm not completely clear if this setup will work. The MCE remote works for most of the functions, but the Guide and Live TV buttons and others don't work.

All I've done for Girder is install it, import the Sage TV file, use the MCE Remote plugin. Is this all I need to do to set this up?

Would someone please confirm if this setup will work or what I need to do (step by step) to get it to work?

Thank you.

- Mark
Old 11-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

sudipto,

I was also thinking about the OneFor All but have also considered just staying with the Hauppauge remote.

My question is this.....

I want a system to replace my now broken ProntoNeo (won't buy another becuase it broke after only a year). I've been told that with the Girder/USB-UIRT combo, I can get any remote to pretty much do anything.

I want a button on the remote that (again, using Girder) can turn on the TV, Turn on the Amp, wake up Sage, etc. Then another button that Turns on The TV, turns on the DVD player ans sets the TV input to #3.

I'm told I can do all of this, no sweat with Girder. My question is what button to use on the remote. That's the catch.

On the Hauppauge remote, there are the 4 colored buttons that might be perfect for that, but I don't see anything like that on the OneForAll. I was hoping that on the OneForAll that you could assign some kind of command to the device buttons (TV, PVR, DVD).

Have you played with this any more?

Stacy
Old 01-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipto
I would love to buy the Pronto or MX500 if I had the money

However, since I don't I have been looking at other cheaper alternatives. I recently came across the following remote, which seems perfect for use with SageTV.

OneForAll URC-6131 PVR Remote

The retail price is $19.99, but it is available in many places for around $10-12.

This has got enough buttons to assign all of the SageTV commands to appropirate individual button, and still have a few to spare.

I already have an IRMan, which, as I understand is fully supported by SageTV. So if I can set this remote up for use with Girder, with a little bit of work this could be my best solution ... until someone gives me a Pronto as a gift (hint for wife if she is looking)

Anyone here tried this remote with SageTV ? I hope this works with IRMan and Girder.
This is what I have. Best remote for the buck. I bought a JP1 version for the same price, and had it programmed with the Hauppuage codes for out of the box use with the Hauppauge IR. Simplicity at it's best. It can also control most basic features of my HT as well.

The only thing better would be a pronto or fully programmable setup.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would the Phillips Windows Media Center 2005 remote work? Someone, somwhere said it even has a built in IR Blaster...is this a good remote folks? It looks pretty snazzy and ergonomic from the photo I saw of it but I can't seem to find it anymore. I like that remote. I wonder if there is one just like it by another company? Where can I get a list of MCE 2005 remotes that will work with SageTV? So far, I've found out I think its an OEM remote rebranded by Microsoft...? Anyone found a place to buy it?

I ask because it seems to come with a built in IR blaster, and I've heard it is around 40 - 50 dollars and well, the USB-UIRT alone costs that much so it would be cool if the IR blaster on this remotes reciever was good and worked with SageTV.

Last edited by Outvit; 01-18-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Sage Expert

Did you check

www.PCALCHEMY.com they have very good prices, quick shipping and are very customer oriented. They are my first choice for HTPC parts.

I think the one you want is like $30 with the IR reciever. Click the link on the left side on "REMOTE CONTROLS" to see a list of the ones they carry.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 01-18-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Did you check

www.PCALCHEMY.com they have very good prices, quick shipping and are very customer oriented. They are my first choice for HTPC parts.

I think the one you want is like $30 with the IR reciever. Click the link on the left side on "REMOTE CONTROLS" to see a list of the ones they carry.
I LOVE YOU!

Is this the one with the built in IR Blaster for the cable box?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outvit
I LOVE YOU!

Is this the one with the built in IR Blaster for the cable box?
I don't know, you will need to call them and ask. I just was on thier website 2 minutes before I read your post, so I thought I would pass on what I saw. I hope it's what you need. I see they also have the Microsft version as well for a few bucks more.

Give them a call, they will be glad to answer and help you out.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Outvit: as far as I know, the MCE blaster is not currently used by SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

We have three MCE remotes for our three SageTV instances. We use USB-UIRTs rather than the transceiver that comes with the MCE remote.

We love the remotes! Layout, weighting, feel of the keys -- they are fantastic.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
This is what I have. Best remote for the buck. I bought a JP1 version for the same price, and had it programmed with the Hauppuage codes for out of the box use with the Hauppauge IR. Simplicity at it's best. It can also control most basic features of my HT as well. The only thing better would be a pronto or fully programmable setup.
I like the layout of the URC-6131 too. But regarding JP1 remotes, what other IR recievers for PC works with it? I know you said it works with the hauppauge ones, but are ther any other ones, preferably something not too expensive?

I also like the new Hauppauge 45 button remote. Anyone know whether the current MediaMVP comes with this new remote? Opus4?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Couple Remote questions for you guys...

MS MCE Remote (Great Price, but what can it do...)

1) Do I need Girder for the MS MCE remote/receiver, or will it work to control Sage (Client) without it?

2) If it won't work stand alone, does anybody know if the MS MCE remote/receiver CAN be used with Girder to work with Sage?

3) Does anybody know if the MS MCE remote/receiver can be used with Grider to wake the PC from S3 standby (I have wake on USB functionality).

4) How does this remote controll the Tv and Stereo as advertised (with blasters or by remote)? Does it work in Win XP? Is it a learning function (if done by remote)?

Harmony Remote (Nice remote, but expensive...)

1) How do the one-touch buttons work? Do they work well with the PC and the TV to turn everything on and off? Or does it get confused...

2) For Client, is the USB-UIRT the only way to get the Harmony to work with the PC?

3) Does anyone know, if the Harmony can be configured to act as a mouse Outside of Sage (extra PC functions)?

4) For Client, is the USB-UIRT the only way to get the Harmony to wake the PC from S3 Standby?

Sorry for so many questions, but I think these issues are at the heart of this topic and may help others as well

Last edited by infiniti_guy; 03-11-2005 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling typo