SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
There is definitely a problem. If I setup a favorite to Wait for Comskip "NO" when I go back into it it says wait for comskip "YES"
Thanks nyplayer, it's fixed in the latest test download on the first post.

John
Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy99
Does the compression script remove commercials from the AVI or does it only use the skip points in the edl for playback?

If evilpenguin's memcoder script doesn't do that then is there a way to configure this to use my script instead?
The evilpenguin compression can do removal of commercials using the edl files. It's a global setting in perl2dvd.advanced.pref, so whatever it's set to applies to all compress job. I don't think I can get around that one, but Evilpenguin is planning to make all his options available on a per compress basis in his next version.

I have been wondering how difficult it would be to get your script running with this, just to give another option. I'll probably have a look when I have this test version sorted out.

John
Old 02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Thanks nyplayer, it's fixed in the latest test download on the first post.

John
Thanks that did the trick.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Made the previous test version the current version with no changes.

(1.3.3)
- Wait for Comskip configurable for EvilPenguin compression

John
Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Sage Icon

New version available

(1.3.4)
- Option to Wait for Caption file (.smi) before compressing

John
Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.3.5)
- Removed restriction on Auto Compress only working when Server UI was running

There is still a requirement for a UI to be running for Auto Compress to work, but it can be any UI.

John
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
- Automatically Compress Favorite Recordings

John
John,
How can I get the Favorite window to show compresson settings in a client or Placeshifter window?

I'm away a lot, and if I set a new Favorite away from home, I also want to be able to set the auto compress to save disk space.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
How can I get the Favorite window to show compresson settings in a client or Placeshifter window?
On a client you should just have to import the STVi. I've not tried on a Placeshifter, but you should just need to point at an STV that already has Auto Compress imported.

John
Old 05-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Question

just installed this as a stop-gap til the HD extender comes out. when I go to per channel settings I'm unable to set the wait for comskip option to yes. i can set this in defaults however.

Edit: on the MVP I had to use the yellow button to exit from the channel list when setting up individual channel options. it just kept wrapping through the list. feature or "feature"?

Can the MVP serve as a "UI" for the STVi to function?

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Last edited by hemicuda; 05-25-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
when I go to per channel settings I'm unable to set the wait for comskip option to yes. i can set this in defaults however.

Edit: on the MVP I had to use the yellow button to exit from the channel list when setting up individual channel options. it just kept wrapping through the list. feature or "feature"?

Can the MVP serve as a "UI" for the STVi to function?
You obviously need the "feature" reduced version 1.3.6 which may introduce new features, but no new function.

I put a change in 1.3.5 for so an MVP can act as the UI for this to function.

John
Old 05-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Sage Icon

New version available for download

(1.3.6)
- Fix not refreshing on change of Wait settings on Auto Compress Channel panel
- Fix not being able to scroll to Close on Auto Compress Channel panel

John
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up

that did the trick. thanks for the quick turn-around.

this might get me by w/ "The Better Half(tm)" on HD shows until the extenders come out. tested it on numbers last night. image had none of the streaking that my analogs exhibit (even on DVD std qual.); takes about 80-90min to compress to DVD std w/ AC3.

my next question... are the formats in order from least to best quality; - goes down, + goes up? I'd be temped to try one of the HD AVI formats if afterward they would still be listed in Recordings and I figure out how to keep the EDL after the mpg is deleted.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
my next question... are the formats in order from least to best quality; - goes down, + goes up? I'd be temped to try one of the HD AVI formats if afterward they would still be listed in Recordings and I figure out how to keep the EDL after the mpg is deleted.
No, I think they end up alphabetical if your using the standard compression profiles, but the names give some clues as to the relative quality.

If you either do in-place compression, or compress into a SageTV recording directory, then the compressed shows will still show up as recordings.

If your using Dirmon to cleanup your EDL files, just change "when no matching file with theses extensions" from mpg to mpg,avi

John
Old 05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

I could never get dirmon2 to behave well on my server so I let CSM run the show.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

do the settings for favorites override the default settings in the customize menu? an hour after a show was over on a channel I had set to compress the conversion screen showed no pending or finished jobs. i had auto compress turned off in each of my favorites that record on HD channels, but in the default settings I have those channels set to auto-compress. I didn't want to re"compress" several unwatched that were already recorded on SD channels.

Edit: noticed something else... compressing after comskip runs is causing some issues w/ the skip timeline. it seems to hit the commercials well, but the stvi skips don't hit the end of the marked blocks every time. guess it's something to do w/ the conversion and any difference in fps between the HD recording and DVD format? hope that makes sense.

Last edited by hemicuda; 05-28-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
do the settings for favorites override the default settings in the customize menu? an hour after a show was over on a channel I had set to compress the conversion screen showed no pending or finished jobs. i had auto compress turned off in each of my favorites that record on HD channels, but in the default settings I have those channels set to auto-compress. I didn't want to re"compress" several unwatched that were already recorded on SD channels.

Edit: noticed something else... compressing after comskip runs is causing some issues w/ the skip timeline. it seems to hit the commercials well, but the stvi skips don't hit the end of the marked blocks every time. guess it's something to do w/ the conversion and any difference in fps between the HD recording and DVD format? hope that makes sense.
hemicuda, when checking to see whether a particular program should be compressed, it first checks the favorite compression setting and if enabled will use those settings. If the favorite compression is disabled, it will then check the channel compression settings.

You do need to restart SageTV after enabling auto-compress (the top option in the Customize Options). I've not done any testing on this, but if it's running from your MVP, you may need to restart the SageTV service. I should try and figure out when the Application Started hook gets called on an MVP.

As for the skipping, if your using EDL files then the fps don't matter. It's more dependent on the format you're converting to, and how accurately the SageTV player can skip that format. I know that accurate skipping of avi's depends on the AVI Splitter that is used

John
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

partially my bad.

i forgot to reload all the jars for the various STVi's I use after I loaded 6.1.9. oopsie. That cured the comskip issue I think.

Something I did notice today.... I had gone in and turned on compression for a favorite last night and left it on (only the HD channels) in the customize menu. I went to check on it via PS from the hotel to make sure it had compressed to DVD std so the wife could watch it on the MVP. Went to the conversions menu and found where it had run. It also showed the same show being compressed again at about 2% complete. My gut tells me that when the file has been compressed once it shouldn't fire up another session simply because I connect w/ PS should it? If you can tell me what I(?) did wrong w/ the settings I'll be set. She liked the way it looked yesterday even though it's only SD widescreen; much better than the best my analogs can do on the same show in SD.

Oh, I just went in and turned off the by-channel auto-compress and just left it turned on by-favorite setting.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Question found an issue i think...

Oceans Twelve (recorded HD) is now on it's 3rd instance of trans-coding. Seems to start another session every time I fire up the server UI. like it doesn't know that the show was already processed on the MVP session; there are 2 complete and one in-progress listed on the conversions screen.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

You don't have something deleting the .autoCompress files do you? It shouldn't do another compress if an .autoCompress file exists.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 06-03-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Sage Icon

this
OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.1.mpg and
OceansTwelve-1754566-0.1.1.1.1.edl
are the only 2 files for that show in the recording folder. the only cleanup I do is the edl,txt,log through CSM if there's no mpg.
I also use in-place compression.