SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Auto Compress All Recordings

Hey all,
I'm new to Auto Compress (love it!) but couldn't find an answer to this after reading for hours in the thread...
I'd like to know if there is a way to easily set it to auto compress all recordings with the default compression settings no matter how they are instigated (favorite or manual). The only possibility I see is to manually set auto-compress for every channel (all 75 of them). However, if I want to change the compression setting, that would require editing all 75 channels again.
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Sage Icon

Benny, there's no way to do it via the UI.

All the settings are stored in sage.properties (compression/....) so you could edit them directly for any compression settings changes, just make sure SageTV is shut down when you edit sage.properties.

John
Old 09-27-2010, 10:23 PM

OK, Thanks!
Ben
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 AM

Auto Compress loop time

Hi JREkiwi,
One more question... What is the loop time for the plugin to check for files that meet conversion criteria? I have a recorder machine and noticed it sits idle for long periods of time (sometimes an hour) after a recording is finished before it gets added to the convert queue. This was causing problems because I put the system sleep timer at 5 minutes, so recordings don't get converted until the next time the system wakes to record.
Is this loop time adjustable somewhere?
Thanks,
Benny
Old 09-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Benny, by default it does:
a check every 5 minutes for recordings that have finished recording.
a check every 60 minutes for recordings that are set to compress but aren't.

Both are adjustable under More Options under Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Auto Compress Options

If the timing of your system shutting down means it misses the 5 minute cycle then the compression job will get picked up on the hourly cycle.

Hope that makes sense.

John
Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Can you PLEASE upgrade for v7? Your STV is better than v7's new built-in autocompres

JREkiwi: Can you PLEASE upgrade your STV import to work with Sage v7? Your version of Auto-Compress was better than Sage's new built in version for v7... The one feature that I miss was your STV's ability to go through and catch all previous instances of a particular favorite's recording and covert all of the past episodes as well. The new built-in that Sage included with v7 does not have this ability.

Thank you.

- - - - Bug Report Submitted - - -
File naming problem with the new Auto-Convert feature for Favorites Manager. If I setup a "Destination Folder" for an auto-conversion and that folder does not yet exist at that destination, Sage will NOT create the folder as one would expect. Instead sage renames the resulting recording file to the name of the expected Folder and deletes the "7digit-0" sage file suffix, thus all subsequent recorded episodes for that show are completely overwritten and gone from your hard disk. The Auto Compress STV Import designed by JREkiwi never caused this problem. The expected norm for any Windows Application would be to "Create" the Folder if needed, not destroy the file. I would very much like to see JREkiwi's version updated to work with v7. JREkiwi's version also had additional features that Sage's version does not include.

I know that any beta software is going to have problems, but the number of problems and developer errors that I have seen with v7 is unbelievable. The amount of devastation to my recordings library that I have experienced (not just with this bug, but with all of the bugs I and other have found) is very disturbing at best.