SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

If you run the Sage service you should be using all UNC paths so I'm curious why that path is being referenced as a mapped drive. If you don't run the servie then just ignore me.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you run the Sage service you should be using all UNC paths so I'm curious why that path is being referenced as a mapped drive. If you don't run the servie then just ignore me.

Gerry
Gerry,
Actually I am running as a service and I thought it was odd that it showed the
"O: \sageshows\CSICrimeSceneInvestigation 1416760-0.mpg NOT found!"

And you know what - my recording directory does just say "O:\sageshows" and not a UNC path. That hasn't been a problem in the past - I wonder why it is now all of the sudden.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Comskip does its work on it first. In these instances, I've simply opened the recording in the Video Edit plugin, view the commercial cuts placed there by comskip and without making any changes to the cuts or anything tried to execute videoredo process - meaning it shouldn't be looking for a project file right? Thats when I get the error.

Strange thing is I had it working fine when I used it a month ago.
Try saving the cut file in my plugin that may fix the path not to include the space in the Vprj file. But I would suggest setting up UNC paths as well. If you are using Dirmon2 to execute ComSkip you can setup your recording directories to monitor to be UNC paths as well and then ComSkip should generate a UNC path to the file in the Vprj file it generates. Also VideoReDo always uses the Vprj file even when executed by my plugin. It just makes it possible to run it from within SageTV without leaving the GUI.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Sage User

Been meaning to ask, but does this STVi work with VideoRedo TVSuite?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Selecting ALL movies in a folder

Hi.

I searched but did not see. Is there a way to select ALL movies in a given folder for processing instead of one at a time?

I have 200+ movies in some folders and it would be nice to select the folder to convert the movies.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Does this work with the HD extenders? I installed it and everything seems to be working except when I try to actually remove the commercials the videoredo exe file is launched on the server, but nothing happens. Then after a few minutes I get a message in Sage saying "VideoReDo did not complete normally".

If I run it on the server itself everything works perfectly.

Last edited by blade; 01-06-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrlhy View Post
Been meaning to ask, but does this STVi work with VideoRedo TVSuite?
Sorry I took so long to respond killer work projects just haven't left me any time for SageTV. I believe it does.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Hi.

I searched but did not see. Is there a way to select ALL movies in a given folder for processing instead of one at a time?

I have 200+ movies in some folders and it would be nice to select the folder to convert the movies.
Sorry about the delay in responding. If I can ever get enough time to finish the next version of this than the answer is yes - currently no.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
Does this work with the HD extenders? I installed it and everything seems to be working except when I try to actually remove the commercials the videoredo exe file is launched on the server, but nothing happens. Then after a few minutes I get a message in Sage saying "VideoReDo did not complete normally".

If I run it on the server itself everything works perfectly.
Sorry about the delay in responding. It was suppose to but the next version (if I ever actually get time to finish it) will.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Sage User

The open file dialog shows only the recordings and does not let me browse through the folders: is it correct?

In the "Configure Close File" ecc. options window,
the "Save Cut File" ecc. doesn't work.
I can only exit with Close or Esc.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Question MKV and comskip

Been on hiatus for a few months; new addition to the family and such.

Anyway, assuming this is a good place to post my Q (didn't want to start a new thread)....

Is there an 'easy' way to manually generate a comskip file for an MKV video? I've compressed a box set of a TV series but didn't split out the individual episodes. Just wanted to skip over the closing and opening credits without monkeying with the MKV directly. Video Redo has no plans to incorporate MKV into their supported formats last time I checked.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Not sure of any MKV splitters out there. What format are the MKV's in? If they are just mpeg2 straight from the DVD, then you should be able to remux them into an MPEG2TS container with something like tsremux, and then use videoredo to do your cuts.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

just wanted an easy way to mark them, not actually cut the MKV. I run them through handbrake so they're squeezed a little.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Try using this: RogerTango-s-MKV-Chapter-Maker

and then merge with MkvMerge

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

if you want to cut manually, then yeah, the MKV Chapter Maker should do it. Then, you could either use the MKVMerge to put those chapters into the MKV (which SageTV 7.0.12 can read), or, if you like, I've got a utility in the downloads area for extracting MKV chapters to .EDL files.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

Handbrake should have created chapters already. I'll check out those apps when I get time.

However, I'd just like to mark the credits like comskip marks commercials and have the CS STVi skip them. I have no intention of cutting the files at this time.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I can't think of a way of automatically doing that. Comskip recognizes commercials so no way would it be able to determine that no matter what settings you use. You could manually create edl files but you would need to calculate the time those credits start and stop for each TV episode on the mkv. You're probably better off next time ripping individual episodes or making sure a chapter is inserted in the last minute or two of each episode.

Gerry
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage User

How do I get this to run?

Hi, anyone still out there? Poor SageTV, bought by Google and buried. Well, I'm still using it. I clip stuff out to save. Lately, I've been recording a scifi show, converting to avi and stripping out the commercials. I made the comment that it would sure be great if I could do that with my remote instead of a video editing program. I decided to do a search and found this. WOW. Just what I need. Now how do I make it work? I went back through the thread and just couldn't figure it out. I loaded the most simple plugin I could find (dead pixel test), but couldn't make that run either. I saw references to needing the dynamic menu generator. Later I saw "oh, that's obsolete now." I found the secret menu thing. That sure looks like its all ready to be a place holder for running my own functions, but how? I saw references to SageTV studio but saw that it was hard to find. Later I saw "oh, that's built in now." OK, so I got that to run. I see that everything can be edited. Even so, how would I know WHAT to run? I click on links to support threads that no longer exist on sites that no longer exist. I am really feeling stupid here. There is something really simple that I am missing. Someone please help!

SageTV 6.6.2
Java 1.4.2
XP

Last edited by blair_42; 03-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

This plugin works as advertised; and relatively easy to install. I remember I had it working right away under SageMC; especially since I already have VideoRedo on my PC.

I quickly found out that the idea of using this plugin sounds a lot better than in real practice. It's just not convenient to use a remote control (or mouse) under SageTV to edit video. It's far easier/quicker use VideoRedo's interface + a mouse since it was designed from scratch to be a super simple/quick video editor. I use VideoRedo to quickly save video clips, Music Videos, etc. Just drag and drop the video with a just a few clicks of the mouse, you can have your edited video clip.

My advice is for you to consider upgrading to SageTV 7; and, use VideoReDo as a standalone. SageTV 7 plugins are so much easier to install and upgrade. You dont have to mess with zip files and downloading from different URLs. Although, the Video Editing plugin was never updated to a SageTV 7 plugin (probably for the reason explained above). SageTV 7 + Gemstone theme updates sageTV to be comparable to XMBC; actually, SageTV + Gemstone is much nicer than XMBC itself since you get fully integrated TV tuner and bluray support.

If you're adamant to use this plugin, then I'd advise you to use SageMC + the SageMC version of this plugin since SageMC already has dynamic menus builtin; and, as far as I remember, it pretty-much worked right out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_42 View Post
Hi, anyone still out there? Poor SageTV, bought by Google and buried. Well, I'm still using it. I clip stuff out to save. Lately, I've been recording a scifi show, converting to avi and stripping out the commercials. I made the comment that it would sure be great if I could do that with my remote instead of a video editing program. I decided to do a search and found this. WOW. Just what I need. Now how do I make it work? I went back through the thread and just couldn't figure it out. I loaded the most simple plugin I could find (dead pixel test), but couldn't make that run either. I saw references to needing the dynamic menu generator. Later I saw "oh, that's obsolete now." I found the secret menu thing. That sure looks like its all ready to be a place holder for running my own functions, but how? I saw references to SageTV studio but saw that it was hard to find. Later I saw "oh, that's built in now." OK, so I got that to run. I see that everything can be edited. Even so, how would I know WHAT to run? I click on links to support threads that no longer exist on sites that no longer exist. I am really feeling stupid here. There is something really simple that I am missing. Someone please help!

SageTV 6.6.2
Java 1.4.2
XP

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_42 View Post

SageTV 6.6.2
Java 1.4.2
XP
I no longer have v6 installed and I've never updated it to v7 - just no time - so am going from memory here.

1) You may need to go back to SageTV 6.2.10 as that is the last official version I put on the SageTV download site. There may be others scattered throughout the Thread for later versions but you may want to go to that SageTV version and try the Downloads version of this STV import first.
2) You will need VideoReDo installed to do anything beyond updating EDL, TXT or Vprj files for cut points. Also I don't believe this handles the NEW VideoReDo Vprj format so you may need an earlier version of that as well.
3) This does contain links to other menus that mean you don't NEED the dynamic menus to make it work since the actual screen is self contained. However for me at least it was always easier to use the Dynamic Menus and use that to create a menu item that goes to the screen for this STV import.

I could install SageTV 6.2.10 this weekend and see if I can get this working again but I won't be able to do any changes to the code just attempt to answer questions about operation and installation.