SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Need some help getting this working. I've installed it, have all of the screens and editing seems to be working just fine but when I go to options>VideoReDo Options>VideoReDo Specify Directory, I get a blank screen like this one below. Did I do something wrong?
Try rebooting the SageTV GUI. If that doesn't work try re-importing it again. It looks like it didn't import correctly.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Need some help getting this working. I've installed it, have all of the screens and editing seems to be working just fine but when I go to options>VideoReDo Options>VideoReDo Specify Directory, I get a blank screen like this one below. Did I do something wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Try rebooting the SageTV GUI. If that doesn't work try re-importing it again. It looks like it didn't import correctly.
Weird. Anyway, rebooting SageTV gui didn't do it so I re-imported and that did the trick. Thanks for the help!

I LOVE this plugin. Can't tell you how awesome this is as an addition to my HTPC
Old 12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Sage Expert

I just did a full reinstall of the latest version of Sage and SageMC(6.3.5.1) and now when I import VideoEdit(0.2.10), it isn't listed in the "Send To" menu.

I'm not sure, but you might want to wait on a new version of SageMC before fixing this, apparently the google video stuff is fubar at the moment.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
I just did a full reinstall of the latest version of Sage and SageMC(6.3.5.1) and now when I import VideoEdit(0.2.10), it isn't listed in the "Send To" menu.

I'm not sure, but you might want to wait on a new version of SageMC before fixing this, apparently the google video stuff is fubar at the moment.
Thanks I'll look at it when flachbar gets his new version out!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob, new version has been out for a while now of SageMC. You mentioned that version 3 will support the below problem. Are you still planning on making a 3.0 release?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was going to install this plugin on SageMC until I read the first post more carefully.

"NOTE#2: This is a cut point editor. What you are marking are the sections of the video to remove and NOT the segements to keep.
"

99% Of what I use VideoRedo (stand alone) for is the segment(s) to keep. I usually save little clips from shows (ie commercials, funny moments, etc). Is there anyway to use this plugin to do this? Marking sections of the video to remove is the complete opposite of what I would like."

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Bob, new version has been out for a while now of SageMC. You mentioned that version 3 will support the below problem. Are you still planning on making a 3.0 release?
Yes I am still planing on this for version 3 but bugs have slowed me down even more. Expect something in a month I hope but could be two.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Sage Expert

I have installed the plugin and got it up and running. But I have no menu option for VideoRedo. I am using SageMC UI and I am using VideoReDo TV Suite. I am not sure what else to try.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
I have installed the plugin and got it up and running. But I have no menu option for VideoRedo. I am using SageMC UI and I am using VideoReDo TV Suite. I am not sure what else to try.
Have you gone into the Options menu and pointed the plugin at your VideoReDo directory? You will not get the VideoReDo menu entry until it knows where VideoReDo has been installed on your system. Just navigate to the VideoReDo directory and "Select Current" (I believe doing this from memory at work). The plugin looks for the file vp.vbs? in the directory you select to confirm that it is pointed at the correct spot.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Sage Icon

Although I don't use this add-on often I just wanted to say it's very impressive. I was shocked to see the level of detail put into it. I am just too lazy to ever edit my videos.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Although I don't use this add-on often I just wanted to say it's very impressive. I was shocked to see the level of detail put into it. I am just too lazy to ever edit my videos.
Thank you. The next version should be even better if I can just get it finished. Every time I take vacation to finish this something comes up and I lose half the time or more.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Have you gone into the Options menu and pointed the plugin at your VideoReDo directory? You will not get the VideoReDo menu entry until it knows where VideoReDo has been installed on your system. Just navigate to the VideoReDo directory and "Select Current" (I believe doing this from memory at work). The plugin looks for the file vp.vbs? in the directory you select to confirm that it is pointed at the correct spot.
Unfortunately, the screen to select the directory is blank.

Here is a screenshot. Is there a file I can manually edit to put the directory where videoredo is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg videoredodirectorywindow.JPG (30.7 KB, 352 views)
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately, the screen to select the directory is blank.

Here is a screenshot. Is there a file I can manually edit to put the directory where videoredo is?
Try importing it again. It didn't import correctly. The property entry however is "RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc" in either SageClient.properties or Sage.properties depending on whether you are using this on a Client or the Server.

My property entry looks like:"RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus"
Old 01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Try importing it again. It didn't import correctly. The property entry however is "RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc" in either SageClient.properties or Sage.properties depending on whether you are using this on a Client or the Server.

My property entry looks like:"RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus"
okay, so I redownloaded your plugin, overwrote the files, then reimported it...and that worked to the point that I could see a directory structure.

The problem became when I clicked "Select Current", it did not keep the entry. So I went into sage and cut and paste the loc line, and now I have it. I tried changing directories to the TV Suite version (I have both installed on my computer), and same problem, would not take it.

Good news is I believe I can now use your plugin. The bad news is, at least for me, select current is not working.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Sage Expert

next problem, my videoredo project file is not loading with the cuts

see the pixs below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg videoredo1.jpg (67.4 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg videoredo2.jpg (57.4 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg videoredo3.JPG (42.4 KB, 335 views)

Old 01-13-2008, 03:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
okay, so I redownloaded your plugin, overwrote the files, then reimported it...and that worked to the point that I could see a directory structure.

The problem became when I clicked "Select Current", it did not keep the entry. So I went into sage and cut and paste the loc line, and now I have it. I tried changing directories to the TV Suite version (I have both installed on my computer), and same problem, would not take it.

Good news is I believe I can now use your plugin. The bad news is, at least for me, select current is not working.
Select current doesn't do alot it just returns to the previous dialog but it should have had the directory listed. The plugin still may not have imported correctly. Did you have debug logging turned on? If so could you post the debug logs from the time frame of your import if not the whole file and I will see if anything unusual is listed. If you didn't have debug logging enabled then maybe post your STV and I can see if anything isn't importing. If you are using this with SageMC it is possible that it isn't completely compatible with the latest versions. It should be compatible with 6.3.4 but I cannot guarantee anything after that. Looking at the debug logs or even better the stv itself will tell me if there are compatibility problems.

BobP.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
next problem, my videoredo project file is not loading with the cuts

see the pixs below
That sounds like you have VideoReDo setup to output XML format VPRJ files and version 0.2.? does not support that. Try loading the EDL or TXT versions you have in your graphics above. If you get cut points then then I would look at your VideoReDo options and see if you have your projects set to XML format - or just open the vprj file in notepad. You should be able to tell if it is XML just by looking at it - I am assuming you already know what an XML format file looks like.

BobP.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Sage Expert

Two problems identified - one solved:

One, so I went installed VideoRedoPlus (I had to find my registration key for that one) save a project file, that didn't work. I then went back to videoredo, in the options screen, I clicked on chapter marks, checked the box for output file, made sure it was text file. Saved a project file, went back to sage, and that worked.

Two, 0.2 is not compatible with the videoredo suites vprj file. Even with the chapter marks clicked as text file, its just not reading it. I may play with it later, but right now, its not working for me.

I will have to run the debug later and upload that later regarding why its not taking the select current entry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg videoredo4.JPG (46.4 KB, 359 views)

Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Those are the default in not onlt VideoRedo Plus but also VideoRedo TVSuite. All of my comskip and showanalyzer files in .edl format and the .VPrj opens in RedoPlus and TVSuite with the cut list. All version so of all the products are working correctly. Make sure you are running VideoRedo in CUT mode and not SceneMarker mode. This plugin only supports CUT mode.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Those are the default in not onlt VideoRedo Plus but also VideoRedo TVSuite. All of my comskip and showanalyzer files in .edl format and the .VPrj opens in RedoPlus and TVSuite with the cut list. All version so of all the products are working correctly. Make sure you are running VideoRedo in CUT mode and not SceneMarker mode. This plugin only supports CUT mode.

Gerry
Correct. Next version I'm trying to implement XML vprj support as well as SceneMarker mode but that is not complete yet so I may have to drop it if I cannot get it to work. In the mean time if mistergq can switch VideoReDo to cut mode and text vprj output this should work. Personally I load the edl files and only SAVE vprj files from my plugin which then should work fine in VideoReDo.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Sage Expert

I only run in cut mode, so I am not sure why my video suites is not working.

I have a new problem. I want to be able to move edited files from the recording file on one drive to an archive drive that I don't record too.

basically: my recording directory is d:\my videos\sagetv
my archive directory is
t:\no commercials

If I edit the video with Bob's plugin, and copy and paste it with SageTV exited, the video file is not recognized by SageTV the next time I start it. If I exit Sage again and move it back to the recording directory, the file is deleted when Sage restarts.

However, if I exit and move a file that is not editted with Bob's file from the recording direcotyr to the archive directory with sage exited, restart sage, the file is automatically updated to the new location.

Any ideas?