SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Wow. Just... wow. The content in this thread is pretty intense.

So... hi! I just picked up a Harmony 890 off a friend of mine (brand new for $150! woo!) who had a few extras lying around, and I want to use it with the HTPC I more or less finished building earlier this evening. I'm struggling a little bit under the information overload contained in this thread tho and wanted to just run down what I -think- my next couple of steps are, and hope you extremely knowledgeable and kind people can give 'em a once over & offer suggestions.

1. Pick up a USB-UIRT. It's already got a SageTV plugin, so my harmony, once programmed to emulate another MCE-compatible remote (I've seen the happauge, streamzap, and firefly all mentioned... one of those will work, yes?) should be able to control SageTV more or less seamlessly.
2. For controlling any and all other HTPC functionality, install HIP, Girder, or EventGhost.

Beyond that, is there anything else I need to be looking out for? I don't want to stray off topic though... first post and all

Thanks, and man am I glad these forums are here... what a great resource.

-D

HTPC Specs, for the curious (not sure if it's relevant or not):

Asus P5W DH Deluxe MB w/ E6600 proc
2 GB DDR2800
1x250GB SATAII boot drive
4x500GB SATAII raid5 on a HPT RocketRAID 2320
XFX GeForce 7900GT
WinTV PVR500
AverHD180
hooked up to a Vizio P50
Old 03-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by textral View Post
Beyond that, is there anything else I need to be looking out for? I don't want to stray off topic though... first post and all
I think you got everything right. A USB-UIRT and one of those remote softwares is all you need, and search or ask someone for a preconfigured remote profile to emulate.

Thats a good deal on the 890 for $150. And good specs on that HTPC.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I think you got everything right. A USB-UIRT and one of those remote softwares is all you need, and search or ask someone for a preconfigured remote profile to emulate.

Thats a good deal on the 890 for $150. And good specs on that HTPC.
Great, thanks. From the sounds of it, Girder doesn't sound like too much fun, but I can probably just download someone else's Girder configuration too.

Glad you approve of the rig.