SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Try upgrading to the final product. 6.0.18 is the released product. You're running one of the betas.

Gerry
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know the final was out.
Downloaded and installed 6.0.18, but the problem is still there...
Old 12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvfff
Send an email to support. Check the FAQ and do a debug log to send with it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvfff
can you tell me what video card you have? is it ATI?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
can you tell me what video card you have? is it ATI?
Yes, it is ATI. Is that bad?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

and I take it you have the latest drivers (catalyst) I believe the newer drivers causes this problem. I don't know which old driver fixes this back but a way to improve on your situation is try disabling Sage's screen saver.. it helped with me.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
and I take it you have the latest drivers (catalyst) I believe the newer drivers causes this problem. I don't know which old driver fixes this back but a way to improve on your situation is try disabling Sage's screen saver.. it helped with me.
Actually, the drivers were installed quite a while ago, so, I assume they are not latest. Tried your suggestion with the screen saver - didn't help.

I've noticed that I don't really need to look the computer to reproduce the problem. If I just press Ctrl+Alt+Del, XP goes to its standard screen with standard choices lock/log off/shut down/etc, if I then immediately press ESC, I see SageTV's window is black for a second and then it comes back to normal on its own, but if I wait a bit longer before I press ESC (maybe for about 3 seconds), than it stays black...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been having black screen problem intermittently, and it just happened again (the debug log attached).

I have FSE, VMR9, 3D enabled, and this is running on 6.1.9.

I have configured Girder and a VB srcipt to kill the SageClient and re-start it again when pressing certain remote key. Hoping that I can have a work-around when this black screen happens, and I have tested it before the black screen happened, and it all worked perfectly. Now that when the black screen does happen, the script does not seem to do anything - still black screen :-(

Can anybody help?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (19.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (18.7 KB, 179 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_2.txt (74.1 KB, 173 views)
Old 05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychou View Post
I have been having black screen problem intermittently, and it just happened again (the debug log attached).

I have FSE, VMR9, 3D enabled, and this is running on 6.1.9.

I have configured Girder and a VB srcipt to kill the SageClient and re-start it again when pressing certain remote key. Hoping that I can have a work-around when this black screen happens, and I have tested it before the black screen happened, and it all worked perfectly. Now that when the black screen does happen, the script does not seem to do anything - still black screen :-(

Can anybody help?
Anytime SageTV starts behaving oddly, I would shut it down, delete the SageClient.properties along with the auto backup files and start it again. Sometime the problem goes away.

By the way, can you post your VB script to restart SageTV Client? Any specific instruction to set it up in Girder? Thanks.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Anytime SageTV starts behaving oddly, I would shut it down, delete the SageClient.properties along with the auto backup files and start it again. Sometime the problem goes away.

By the way, can you post your VB script to restart SageTV Client? Any specific instruction to set it up in Girder? Thanks.
I have included the VB script and the girder file in the attached file.
I am using Girder 3.3 and MCE remote (using the TV button) to trigger the VB script. Also I use the MCE Girder plugin from http://burningzeroad.free.fr/MceIrApi.rar so Girder can receive event from my MCE remote. As for MCE driver, I just use the MS driver (eHome Infrared), because I only mapped one un-used button.

Let me know if this is enough for you to make use of the script. This script basically check whether Sage.exe is running, and then kill or start it.

Vincent
Attached Files
File Type: zip RestartSageClient.zip (929 Bytes, 170 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Sage Icon

I've been using Girder with a Firefly remote, but I haven't configured it for a while so thanks for the .gml sample file. I'll test it out soon.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Sage Black Screen Problem Resolved

Hello - I started this thread quite a while back. It seems that since I upgraded to the very latest version of Java 1.6.0_01 released just a week or so back, I have not had the problem as of yet. It was a real pain because I would have to always have the "Video Always On Top" set and then move the window way over (like when listening to music or something - and I could never minimize Sage either). So far there has been no problem.

I got so used to moving the window over, it's almost hard to now get out of that habit but the new Jave (which also has faster screen refreshes) seems to have fixed the problem.

Mike
Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

Now that this problem appears to be a JAVA problem, I think the administrator should consider moving this thread into Sage Software or at the least out of the "Beta Test Software" because it is happening in all versions of Sage with the older versions of Java (at least for many of us). This fix clearly is to update to the latest version of Java.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
I've had this problem since day one. It happens to me when I try to put sage to sleep. It's weird though. I am use the MC stv. If I launch into sage and then sleep from the main menu, it will go black. If I go into a submenu and then back out of sage, no black screen.

Anyone have any ideas what might make that happen in this way? It's really annoying since I don't use Sage as my exclusive frontend software.

Thanks.