SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Its worth mentioning that the thing my DVD burning plug-in does best is HDTV->DVD. The video looks great, the commercials get cut, and the AC3 sound is perfectly in sync.
I have tried your program. I love the way it looks and works but I get a 100% failure on HD prgramming.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfutscher
I use VideoReDo to do a quick stream fix, this fixes any audio delay problems. Then I edit out the commercials. VideoReDo is a MPEG frame editor and does not trans code the file.

I then bring the edited HD show into Nero and burn the DVD. Nero figures out how much to re compress the show to get it to fit on the DVD. I then have a standard DVD that plays back on any of my DVD players.
I have VidoeReDO also. So you do a quick stream fix on raw recording. Have you used the corrected stream with the Sage transcoder. If so what were the results? Can Nero transcode to something other than DVD?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the info on VideoReDo, I am been having the same problem when editing to DVD, if the signal was cuts for a second from reception it causes the editor to lock, I have to pinpoint each one and edit them out. Does anyone know of a program that can fix the stream that doesn't cost $50?

Other than that, editing HD down to a 480p looks darn good, I even compress it enough to a fit a 3 hour football game on one DL and it playsback great.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
I have tried your program. I love the way it looks and works but I get a 100% failure on HD prgramming.
evilpenguin,

I see that you have made some improvement since I last tried this so I am going to give it another go. I tried to set it up but I cannot ever get it to create the .qdvd file. The log file has the following in it:

----------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to add2dvdq v2.0a
Staring Proccesing at

------------------Advanced Preferences--------------------
Optional path to SageTV or SageClient executable relative burning computer for .bat file =
Disable creating readable file names = 0
Found 2 advanced preferences
Expected 6, check your preference file!

I am not sure what to check in the preferneces file

Thanks for you help
Old 12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thought, I would give an update and see others experiences using RC1 with the stock transcoder. I am able to get completed DVD compliant files from HD recordings but for some reason the video is jumpy. I have seen this on a couple of recordings. The audio may be off (hard to tell with the video being jumpy) but not nearly as much as before. Any others have input?