SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadams
For some reason when I play Google videos the screen goes black but I can hear the audio. Anyone else have that problem?
If using Overlay mode, try enabling Overlay Color Keying in Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
BTW cool feature... past airings and current recordings [currently on hand] on the "additional airings" menu!!!! ...and I was about to ask the guys at sage if that could be implemented... darn mind readers!!!
That's been there for quite a while...

Quote:
And not to start a huge ruckus, but is there still a code 5309 that works for some super secret features? if so what are the features if any are new?
Check out the Customizations forum for already-posted details, but please keep that discussion out of this thread.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
If using Overlay mode, try enabling Overlay Color Keying in Detailed Setup -> Advanced.
- Andy
Well that set me on the right track, thanks. I had it set to VMR9, but changing to overlay got color working for google!

So I guess this may be something to do with how sage uses my video card/drivers for google video? An old video card (ATI AIW 7500), and I'm certain the ATI drivers aren't entirely up to date (too much history of their updates causing more problems than they're worth) but it's worked just fine in VMR9 mode for regular sagetv use up to now. Worthy of a bug report?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

- Andy
That did it! Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That's been there for quite a while...
oops! didn't know that... I guess an upgrade is definitely overdue!

Quote:
Check out the Customizations forum for already-posted details, but please keep that discussion out of this thread.

- Andy
sorry Andy, will look in that forum for details, sorry about mentioning it here
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Sage User

I, also, would like to know how one knows which version license they have. I upgrade every time a new version is released (usually Betas also) and I purchase new features... Media Extender license. But my purchase records do not show versions.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
1. Integrated Google Video search and playback (also works on extenders)
2. Media Extender DVD playback with DVD menus and 5.1 audio for hard disk based DVDs
Would love be too strong here?

Question though. What model Haupauge MVP are we talking about here? Or is this for the DLink extender?

-MrD
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

WHAT?? AN UPGRADE FEE? Since version 1 to v5, we've been spoiled with no upgrade fees whatsoever, but now we have to pay. So what if you added tons of features that just puts the competition to shame, this upgrade fee is completely absurd and uncalled for. I'll pay this once but there better NOT be another upgrade fee till version 10.

Just placed the order and immediately the upgrade license emailed to me. NICE!. Now I need a downtime slot when SageTV is not recording anything to install the new version. D'oh.

For screenshots, there are some new ones in the manual.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 10-02-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik
I do agree on this one... It would be nice to have at least some GUI changes for a major new version. Otherwise you don't even see that you upgraded a major version.

Otherwise the new features look fantastic.

Erik.
Andy, is there any chance we might get an overhauled GUI before v6 is officially announced? It is true what Erik says as well, that's why Windows Vista will look different from XP and each new version of OSX has GUI changes. It keeps the game interesting, fresh, and shows there have been changes. :-)

*cough*makeitlookalittlelikefrontrow*cough* ;-)

Last edited by ikarus79m; 10-02-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD
Would love be too strong here?

Question though. What model Haupauge MVP are we talking about here? Or is this for the DLink extender?

-MrD
There is really only one Hauppauge MVP... There are different revisions and things, and also wireless... But both of those features would work on any of them.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I gotta say it - Great job in the new music section. It finally understands the Album Artist tag correctly for WMA files. I'm happier than a pig in, err, a poke?

The response is much improved as well. Used to bog down for 20-30 minutes when I tried to browse my music collection although I still see the spinning Sage icon for a few seconds occasionally.

Great upgrade for those of us who use WMA and the Album Artist tag.

Scott
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update... I just have a quick question regarding the DVBS support, any DVBCore plugin support planned? (so I can use emunation directly on it, rather than use mytheater, with the network encoder)

Still I'll install the new version asap and see how smooth it goes.. thanks devs!

Baah.. i need to pay a bit more for 6.0??? I've just spent ~100 bux on license for a software that so far hasnt worked as expected, I was waiting for a version that had a working .bin for the wireless media extender i have (thats why I was waiting badly for this release) and now i need to pay more? I bought my sagetv license on feb 2006... (just before the 5.0 beta started) well still ill give it a try and see how things work out...

Last edited by Jabroni; 10-02-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I just have a quick question regarding the DVBS support, any DVBCore plugin support planned?
What he said! Happy to work with Sage on that one if they want a guinea pig.

EPG from DVB - wow. That's huge, it's going to transform Sage for me.

Oh, and why still no CD playback? Is there some prohibitive licensing cost or something?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:14 AM

QAM... Please. I'm tired of messing with MythTV.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Sage User

DVB-T support ???

Been testing ver 5.04 but gave up because off missing native DVB-T support, and problems with EPG in Denmark.
I have been waiting for the new version, but it seems like the DVB-T support dosent cover Denmarm.
Is there a way to put the danish program data in one of the files ?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmin
Been I have been waiting for the new version, but it seems like the DVB-T support dosent cover Denmarm.
Is there a way to put the danish program data in one of the files ?
If you look in PreDefinedScan.frq, you can add a section for your transmitter in Denmark - but you'll need the frequency details. If you check the format of the file, it should be clear.

Plus for those asking for a new default STV - if one were coming with v6, it would be in the beta!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Plus for those asking for a new default STV - if one were coming with v6, it would be in the beta!
Come on... don't destroy our dreams right away. :-) Maybe the cosmetics will come after the technicalities...
Old 10-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Maybe the cosmetics will come after the technicalities...
Hey, there's always Studio!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Hey, there's always Studio!
Haha yeah I know, I know... but just because there are themes for Windows that doesn't stop Microsoft to Change their GUI every once in a while. Hehehe..but yeah, I wish I'd have the skills to do it myself. Would be nice.

Looking forward to what else is to come.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installation Problems

Hi,

I couldn't wait to install the Beta and now, I'm crying

I installed it on top of V5.04 and it never started. I even could not start the services.
Everything hung.
I reinstalled the V5

I will try with a fresh install this PM...

regards

Ferdinand
Old 10-03-2006, 04:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmin
Been testing ver 5.04 but gave up because of... problems with EPG in Denmark.
Maybe I can help you if you are a bit more specific. But let's move it out of this thread. Make a new one in "SageTV EPG Service" and lets take it there.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980