SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
You had to scale the image because _somebody_ said the icons were too long originally, but I won't mention any names....
Ahem, to set the record straight here, that _somebody_ asked a question about the length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
But is it too long? I thought the other genre icons were about half that length? Either way, looks very cool!
Old 09-01-2006, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ahem, to set the record straight here, that _somebody_ asked a question about the length

Ok you got me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Or, of course, you could have two zip files embedded in the downloaded zip file, one for 4x3, the other for 16x9, since you've accomplished so much with that method already!
Yeah, if Dirk agrees to make the change in the STV, then this is probably the best solution.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

You know, this embedding of zip files is neat.

I basically redid my entire SageTV installation last night (about 2.5 hours of work), but part of that time, was making some of my installation zip files, have the correct path, so that I could just unzip everything to the sagetv/sagetv/ directory. Once I did that, it went pretty fast, but I'm thinking, that it would be nice to have everything in a single zip file. Problem is, things change so frequently, that I'd be doing a lot of updating.

The funny thing is, the theme behavior in SageMC. The way it works, is it has an "images" directory, where it has it's current graphics. When you change themes, it copies the images from one of the other "images" folders, such as, "Images_Razor," and puts them in the generic "images" directory. So, what I found out, is that you have to switch to the theme you want to use first, then copy your graphics into the images directory. Otherwise, they get written over, if you change themes after you've added your graphics. Not only that, but if you ever switch themes again, the same thing will happen, and the original images in "Images_Razor" will get recopied.

Basically, the only way to fix this, is to install your graphics in the theme directory that you plan on using. This fixes the problem for good, at least, until the next SageMC 5_10 installation...

Anyway, just thought some might find this interesting...
Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Sage Icon

ok what did I miss?

I installed the genre icons in the proper spot, and finally found my way into the "My Videos" section for the first time. My Genre's are listed, but they have a folder icon on the right, instead of the new genre icons. Its gotta be something simple, but this simpleton cant figure it out!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I installed the genre icons in the proper spot, and finally found my way into the "My Videos" section for the first time. My Genre's are listed, but they have a folder icon on the right, instead of the new genre icons. Its gotta be something simple, but this simpleton cant figure it out!
Did you restart sage? SageTV caches all of its graphics for performance reasons (I think). The only way to refresh the cache is to restart. Hopefully it's that simple. Unfortunately I don't get the genre icons to show up on my development set and I haven't found a solution to that yet (short of reinstalling).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Well I installed them on one of my clients, and restarted that. But no luck. I dont have MC installed my on server. Should I? Its a headless recording server in service mode. And no, I didnt restart the server, didnt figure it served the graphics to the client.

Last edited by Kirby; 09-01-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well I installed them on one of my clients, and restarted that. But no luck. I dont have MC installed my on server. Should I? Its a headless recording server in service mode.
No, I'm pretty sure it only needs to be on the client. Try drilling down to the GenreIcons folder and make sure the files are actually there. It's more than possible I might have screwed up the directory structure in the download. Look for

.../SageTV/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images/GenreIcons

(I hope I got that right)

I'll download the zip and check the directory structure now.

Mike

Edit: I just checked the file and it looks fine. Has anyone actually gotten these to work yet?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-01-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

files are where they need to be. But I cant get them to show at all.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
files are where they need to be. But I cant get them to show at all.
Just for kicks and giggles, why don't you try changing back to the default STV and then re-loading SageMC. It couldn't hurt.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Was worth a try, but no luck..
Old 09-01-2006, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

If nothing is recording right now, could you try shutting down the client, restaring the SageTV service on your server, and then restarting the client? I had major difficulties trying to get new graphics to show up on my MVP until I restarted the service. I'm grasping at straws (as if you couldn't tell). I'll let you know if can think of anything else.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-01-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Please grab another straw...

I think I know a partial solution, its sitting in a bottle in my fridge labeled BEER.

I dont have a clue why they are not working.

I did right click on the images, and got a thank at the bottom of the properties page that said "this file came from another computer..." and allowed me to unblock it, but that didnt help either.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I know a partial solution, its sitting in a bottle in my fridge labeled BEER.
I think you might be on to something there. I'll have to try that one when I get home tonight. But from what I've heard about that solution it doesn't always fix the problem on the first try. So don't get discouraged and give up right away.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I think you might be on to something there. I'll have to try that one when I get home tonight. But from what I've heard about that solution it doesn't always fix the problem on the first try. So don't get discouraged and give up right away.
One is never enough to fix the problem, especially one of this magnitude!

I just restored the original genre icons folder from the 5.10 install zip, and those dont work either. so its either something in 6.10, or something related to my system making it not work. Suppose I will go try on my HTPC and see what that does.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One is never enough to fix the problem, especially one of this magnitude!

I just restored the original genre icons folder from the 5.10 install zip, and those dont work either. so its either something in 6.10, or something related to my system making it not work. Suppose I will go try on my HTPC and see what that does.
My development computer is running 6.10 and the icons don't work there either. My htpc is still running 6.9b and as you could see from the screen shot, I did get the icons to show up there. Do you have a copy of an older SageMC STV file around? I guess as a worst case, you could download mlbdude's latest dev build and try it. Support for genre icons has been there all along, so it would at least allow you to test it.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

I just checked my HTPC and the original icons dont show there either. I'm not too worried about it now. I went right to 6.10, never used MC before that. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, and when it does, it will be a pleasant surprise when they show up!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just checked my HTPC and the original icons dont show there either. I'm not too worried about it now. I went right to 6.10, never used MC before that. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, and when it does, it will be a pleasant surprise when they show up!
Don't give up yet! One more beer might be all it takes....
Old 09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Missing Crime and War genre icons.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutters
Missing Crime and War genre icons.
Thanks, I'll add those to Documentary. Please keep 'em coming.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Time Bar

Since we are upgrading our FX on SageMC.. I was looking closely at the Time Bar.. I think it needs a facelift.. anybody agree?

Technazz