SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Sage Icon

That is awesome. Is the picture not centered on the selection bar though? I guess not, which means it's fixed in SageMC. Maybe if it was a bit smaller, it would "appear" to be centered with the selection bar (that is, if you are using the MCE selection bar setting).

Looks good. I think you are really getting the hang of this, huh? Can't wait to see your theme.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

geogecko,

I just checked in Studio, and the position of the graphic is not centered. The only way we might be able to center it without any editing in Studio is to add some transparent dead space above the graphic in the image file. But since the image gets automatically resized, it will end up much smaller on screen. I think it would probably look worse being out of proportion than it does being off center. Moving the image around in Studio isn't very hard. You might just want to try that. Under the Main Menu, it is the image called 'Title'. Right click and select its properties, from there you can adjust the vertical anchor point. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

For now, I'm just glad to get rid of the MP icon. I may play around in studio a bit, if I get the chance. I like the icon you used, basically glassy version of the original Sage icon. Very nice. Thank you!

Oh, and happy 4th! =)
Old 07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
geogecko,

I just checked in Studio, and the position of the graphic is not centered. The only way we might be able to center it without any editing in Studio is to add some transparent dead space above the graphic in the image file. But since the image gets automatically resized, it will end up much smaller on screen. I think it would probably look worse being out of proportion than it does being off center. Moving the image around in Studio isn't very hard. You might just want to try that. Under the Main Menu, it is the image called 'Title'. Right click and select its properties, from there you can adjust the vertical anchor point. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Aloha,
Mike
1. Great looking icon! I also feel like it's sized a little awkward and would rather see it smaller (and a little more "left"). How easy would it be to do a version with some transparent dead space both above and to the right of it so that it stays proportional but makes it smaller and re-centers it down and to the left some? I gave it a crack in Photoshop, but I'm not proficient at all with it and what I ended up getting was all screwed up - it looked like I could see where the icon had been "moved" within a transparent "window" of the icon. That probably doesn't make sense. Let's just leave it at "I screwed it up." So any chance you could knock one out with the dead space above and to the right of it? Maybe shrink it by about 50%? (The one I did - though screwed up - looked to be a good size to me - and I had basically knocked the "canvas size" up to 150% of the original and moved the image to the bottom left corner of the canvas if that makes sense...

2. Re: the EPG guide colors. Is it possible to have a specific color for shows in the guide that are favorites (or that are scheduled to be recorded whether as a favorite or a manual recording)? I know there's already an icon in the corner when something's going to be recorded, but could the entire show color change? This would make scrolling through the guide really easy to see what's set to be recorded.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Ok Mike you got me wanting to play. I did'nt have to much free time but I thought I'd share. I did'nt have time to get the sizing right. Sage sucks at resizing things so it's beter to make them at the size they need to be, but I am used to working with very large files then sizing them down. If anyone likes it I'll take the time to size it properly. I just edited my .xml file in studio to make it look right.
Attached Images
File Type: png hp_start-Sage_balls.png (79.2 KB, 483 views)
Old 07-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Umm...I'd have to say that's pretty cool, kricker. Nice job. Hope you don't steal too much of Mike's thunder...
Old 07-06-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Umm...I'd have to say that's pretty cool, kricker. Nice job. Hope you don't steal too much of Mike's thunder...
Hey, no worries. Kricker is the professional. If nothing else, it just goes to show how much more I have to learn. Thanks for the graphic kricker! I think I might use yours instead of mine. It looks really good. The main thing is that we all have new tools (read toys) to hopefully eke an extra % or two out of the WAF.
(or in my case, the Wife Tolerance Factor (just kidding))

popechild,

I'll see what I can do about the sizing/padding of the graphic. Unfortunately, changing the guide colors based on recording status is functionality that is not currently available in SageMC. Unless the funtionality is added, there isn't really anything I can do. Sorry.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 07-06-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Expert

No problem. Good work.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Mike and geogecko.
Mike won't have to worry too much about me stealing his thunder. I am way to busy to tweak and making graphics right now. I think that is the first graphic I have ever done for Sage, and probably the last for quite sometime. If I do anymore, I'll start my own thread and leave Mike alone .
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

I've tweaked the glassy sageTV icon a bit and added some space to the right side to fix the overlap problem when in MCE menu mode. I tried making it smaller to center it vertically, but having such a small icon looked odd to me. I can post a small version tonight if anyone wants it. I should have some other updates soon as well. The twins could come any day now, so I'm spending alot of time making final preparations.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png hp_start.png (194.2 KB, 2362 views)
Old 07-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Mike.

Good luck with the twins! Sounds like your graphic enhancement days are numbered!

Have you had any time to work on your circular theme? Looking forward to seeing that.

This icon looks pretty good, may have to change it over from kricker's!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
This icon looks pretty good, may have to change it over from kricker's!
ahhhhhhhh......shucks....... .............
Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Hey, they are both very good, so don't take it personally. It's just good to get someone that is doing graphics instead of just another import or something.

Thanks for both of your hard work!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

I was just kidding. I didn't even know anyone was even using what I posted.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

geogecko,

I'm not sure you should even be comparing my amateurish efforts to kricker. But if even one person uses some of my graphics, then at least I can feel like I've finally started to contribute something.

I've tweaked up the color coded guide bars a bit as well. There were some concerns that the text is difficult to read over some of the colors. I've already put the new guide bars on my living room htpc (without my wife's knowledge ), so if it passes muster I'll probably post this third variation in the next day or two. It is basically the same as the bright set, but I made them partially transparent to mellow them out and I changed the selected color to a fully opaque gold. I think it looks pretty good and readable now. We'll just see what my wife has to say.

I think at this point I am going to try to incorporate the graphics I've already done into a 'glass' theme before I revisit the orbital skin. I'm learning so much working on this stuff that I think waiting a bit on the orbital skin will result in a much better looking interface in the end. At some point I may post just the orbital main menu by itself so the adventurous can open it and get an idea of how it feels. It's still really rough, but the basics are there.

So much to do, so little sleep.....

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, well, my wife didn't even notice that I changed from Mikes Sage logo to kricker's! So, depending on how detail oriented she is, maybe she won't even notice!

Yep, I'm using yours kricker, I knew you were joking around though, so was I...
Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
SageTVaholic

As I mentioned a few posts back, I changed the guide bars to make them a bit more readable. Well, they got my wife's seal of approval.

I'd like to get some feedback before I include them in the 'official' download. I'd appreciate it if a brave soul or two could try these out and let me know how they work out for you. Mahalo nui loa.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip Color Coded Guide Bars - 3rd variation.zip (82.3 KB, 398 views)
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Sage Icon

I'll try them out later tonight! Thanks!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi all,

Flachbar brought to my attention that the series_rec glassy icons were not scaled properly and appear smaller than the other icons. So I've corrected the problem and uploaded version 1.2 of the glassy icon set. I also changed the color gradient of the watched icons because I decided that they looked too....well....ugly.

You can download the latest version here.

Sorry if this caused anyone any problems.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Mike. Those new guide color bars are PERFECT. Don't change them again!!!

Oh, I loaded the new glassy icons too, and they look great too. Not sure I noticed a change in the Watched icon though, so it must have been a pretty slight change, perhaps.

Nice work.

How are the twins? Boys? Girls? One of each? Got names yet?